Thread: ArtZone - the online destination for the art community - advice appreciated

Thanks

ArtZone - the online destination for the art community - advice appreciated

I really haven't a clue about this one, and thought that you good people could tell me whether this release merits being introduced to the HEXUS.lifestyle readership.

All I know is that DAZ is a pretty well-established company with some well-respected 3D apps, including Bryce and a bunch of others listed at the bottom of the release.

Care to help me out here by checking out the release and the site?

I've done both and have failed utterly to come to an opinion.

Thanks in anticipation

Bob

ArtZone Makes Worldwide Debut

Created for Artists of all Disciplines, Pioneering Online Niche Community

Delivers Unique Opportunities for Discovery, Interaction and Exposure

Draper, Utah, USA – June 6, 2006 – ArtZone, a unique and focused online destination that brings community to art, is now available and free to artists worldwide at ArtZone.com. Backed by DAZ Productions Inc., a leading developer of professional quality 3D models and software, ArtZone brings a new environment that enables the sharing and growth of each member’s passion for art.

ArtZone.com is a community in which artists of every medium can join and share examples of their work, whether it is computer-generated or otherwise. It was created to be just as inviting to those who simply appreciate art, or want to grow in their own skill levels. Each member may present a personal profile and their own virtual galleries which are open to member comments. Through mediums such as groups, live chats and message boards, artists may also mingle with each other socially, professionally or in any way that encourages their appreciation for creativity and collaboration.

“The common thread in all of ArtZone is the passion for art,” said Dan Farr, president of DAZ Productions. “ArtZone was built around the desires of artists and art enthusiasts, and offers a well-defined and highly accessible outlet to share creations, become inspired and interact with like-minded individuals. Our goal for ArtZone is that it achieves growth and longevity, and becomes the hub for creativity of every kind at any level.”

ArtZone offers unique features including virtual galleries, spotlight images, multimedia links, searchable artist profiles, forums, events and more. During the weeks prior to its official launch, ArtZone memberships were made available to DAZ Published Artists and Platinum Club members, comprised of novice as well as professional artists and animators. Throughout this time, members could offer feedback for improved usability and qualities that would influence them to return and invite peers.

Beta Testers Rave about ArtZone
    "I really enjoy the focus on artwork of all types. So many of the artists I know from the 3D circles are also amazing photographers and illustrators in traditional media. It's so cool to see their work in this new dynamic setting," says Doug Sturk, a professional artist and printer.

“What I like about ArtZone is that the people here are on the same “level” of thinking, they know what you’re talking about as they share the same “vibe”, creating and being creative, not only in 3D but every medium. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or a professional, we help one another, have fun and can meet people from all over the world,” says Donna de Leeuw, a professional designer living in the Netherlands.

“Perhaps I like ArtZone so much because it's easy to find people with similar interests,” says Krista Heiser, a mother of two and self-described beginning artist and aspiring author.

To take a tour of ArtZone and create your own profile, please visit http://www.artzone.com.

About DAZ Productions
    Founded in 2000, DAZ Productions Inc., a privately-held company located in Draper, Utah, is a market leader in 3D software and digital content creation. The company’s model library is renowned for containing high-quality 3D content at the industry’s most competitive prices.

DAZ also develops powerful software applications that support its content, including Bryce®, a 3D environment and animation package; Carrara™, a leading edge, complete 3D modeling, animation and rendering solution; DAZ|Studio™, a free 3D digital art creation tool; Hexagon™, a polygonal modeling software for the creation of ‘ready-to-render’ 3D models; and Mimic™, a lip-synching application. DAZ’s products have been used in many professional productions, television shows and print publications such as “X-Men 2,” “Spiderman,” “Average Joe,” “48 Hours,” The Wall Street Journal, Popular Science, Scientific American, and the History Channel. For more information, visit the company’s website at http://www.daz3d.com.

Mac's Just Work BroadbandPlacey's Avatar
    Thanks
    so is this another DeviantArt sort of website - a place to showcase art and for people to comment on it?

seems to have a particular focus on 3D computer designed art...

Thanks
    Thanks!

Any more comments?

Bob

Dianeal/Extraneal/Physioneal hoodmeister's Avatar
    Thanks
    It looks & feels like the love child of MySpace & deviantART. Although with a massive focus on CG art.

It looks & feels messy // clunky. You also can't see an awful lot without registering. Pffff.

Perhaps worth looking into a touch more if you're into your CG art, but I wouldn't otherwise give it a second glance.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    agreed, looks quite heavily CG slanted...not a photography site. for me its pretty useless, for 3d people perhaps an interesting site - as Hoodi says - a deviantart type place for cg peeps.