Thread: RMA Experience

Registered+
    Thanks

RMA Experience

ok, thought i'd add this here, because so many times when people RMA things, or are looking for support,, they only followup and post when they have a negative experience. !

I purchased an HX-620w PSU some time ago, and for no apparent reason it decided to de on me, now i ma a member of the main corsair forums, so i went there first and read the RMA info, filled in the forms etc, checked my purchase date (had to remember/work out where i bought it from !)

Was a little odd, because the unit was outside the 1 year seller responsibility period, so i had to return the PSU to the netherlands, no UK returns address available - the correspondance i got indicated this would be the case for some time.

They did expedite the outgoing shipping and i got the replacement unit pretty fast, but it still cost me £31 to return the faulty unit.

So a replacement was no problem to get, but the return shipping costs must always be considered, they did send me a 4GB pendrive by way of compensation, so whilst the companies returns policies are somewhat restricted/limited by where you live, the customer support staff do try their best i think to keep customers happy.

All in all i got a new PSU and pendrive for the cost of shipping it back to them, localised returns options would have been nice though, communications throughout the returns process was good

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: RMA Experience

glad you had a good experience with corsair RMA with a lot of other companies, they aren't very good at sticking to their warranty anyway, many companies just leave you hanging, so though you had to pay the £30 shipping, its better than buying a new PSU altogether

Anyway, I do wish that corsair would open a returns address in the uk

Thread Information