Hi gang

In this new weird working from home world we are now in, I am making efforts to improve my home working world.

I am a software dev and have been working (and gaming a little) with my 27" Samsung S27C570. As you can see, this is a 1080 60Hz affair and I will be honest, I don't have the gaming hardware to chase Hz or pixels (i5 4670K and GTX980) but I am honestly fairly content. Couldn't afford to be throwing the bucks at the latest onslaught of hardware.

So I think I would like an upgrade in the monitor department to help me with work. The stuff I do is quite visual (not all text) so I had been musing the idea of a 32" 1440 item.

Now I have looked at these curved yokes and deliberated quite hard about it and I really don't think they are for me which is a bit of a kick as I was going down the Dell 3220DGF avenue.

This is backed up by the fact that I don't have a huge amount of desk space so had planned on mounting it to the wall as flush as I can, I think a curved unit would make this look a bit scrappy.

I will also likely keep my wee Sammy 27" for those times I do fancy re-installing BF4 or Doom etc and until the hardware to push things a little harder becomes more reasonable, will it ever fml.

So that said, there really doesn't seem to be a huge selection out there, a few LG units (GN600, GK650 etc) and maybe the odd AOC item. I see there are numerous Sammy units but again, I am not on top of the game right now so just don't know the tech etc and where each supplier is in terms of quality etc.

Budget, well............not a fortune if I am being honest. As I said, I was prepared to go to 3220DGF money for the right product but that is really at a push so just wanted to see what the thoughts are out there

Thanks in advance and take care!

J