• Case:
      • Lian Li G70
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell 2408's
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB

Suggestion for Hexus.Gaming....

Hey,

I had a suggestion for the website, I'm not sure if this is the right place, so if not - sorry mods! Secondly, I'm not 100% sure this doesn't exist on the website already.

Reason: I generally only come on the forums because I find the Hexus website has got so crowded over the years I can never find anything - or atleast, nothing entices me to have a gander!

Anyway,

I know you guys do a lot of game reviews, the few I read are generally very good. But, for those of us who don't really want to read through several pages to get the jist of how good a game would be.. it isn't much help! ( yes I know you can skip to the last page )

Basically, I think it would be great if we could have a 'top 10' list for each console + PC. Which gets updated every 3 months say. So the top 10 releases from Jan to March for example with a link to each review from there.

This would help me no end because I love playing games but don't often know what's coming out at any given time and I don't really like reading loads of reviews... I'd rather see that you guys say these are good games and take an educated gamble!

Not a moan in anyway, please don't take it as such - just a suggestion!

Thanks,

Sean

PS: If you already have something similar, please point me in the right direction and forgive me!

2. Received thanks from:

Noxvayl (28-03-2008)

Thanks

Re: Suggestion for Hexus.Gaming....

Quote Originally Posted by Gr44 View Post
    Hey,

I had a suggestion for the website, I'm not sure if this is the right place, so if not - sorry mods! Secondly, I'm not 100% sure this doesn't exist on the website already.

Reason: I generally only come on the forums because I find the Hexus website has got so crowded over the years I can never find anything - or atleast, nothing entices me to have a gander!

Anyway,

I know you guys do a lot of game reviews, the few I read are generally very good. But, for those of us who don't really want to read through several pages to get the jist of how good a game would be.. it isn't much help! ( yes I know you can skip to the last page )

Basically, I think it would be great if we could have a 'top 10' list for each console + PC. Which gets updated every 3 months say. So the top 10 releases from Jan to March for example with a link to each review from there.

This would help me no end because I love playing games but don't often know what's coming out at any given time and I don't really like reading loads of reviews... I'd rather see that you guys say these are good games and take an educated gamble!

Not a moan in anyway, please don't take it as such - just a suggestion!

Thanks,

Sean

PS: If you already have something similar, please point me in the right direction and forgive me!
    Thanks Sean, nice suggestion. We are in the process of changing our rankings for games from our award scheme to a numerical score or a percentage, so this would certainly make your idea do-able.

I know our reviews are often much more in-depth/longer than a lot of sites, so another scheme for those who don't like reading 4 or 5 page reviews certainly sounds like it would be helpful.

I've passed the suggestion on.

Thanks
    • Noxvayl's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigabyteZ87X-UD4H-CF
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengaence LPX + 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Snadisk + 256GB Crucial SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4GB Sapphire R9 380
      • PSU:
      • ENermax Platimax 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define S
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • ATMT + Dell 1024x1280
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre

Re: Suggestion for Hexus.Gaming....

Excellent Suggestion m8... I would certainly love to see that introduced here as it would also make my games choice far easier

Thread Information