Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Indie Games ?

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Best Indie Games ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pob255 View Post
    http://forums.hexus.net/pc-gaming/23...ing-isaac.html
    both The Binding of Isaac and Dungeons of Dredmor I'm greatly enjoying, even though binding of isaac is insanely hard and I've not got past the 4th level yet, both have a lot of replay because levels are randomly generated.

Also to the list
    World of goo
    Minecraft
    Death Spank (not a great deal of replay in death spank but I found it a lot of fun if a bit easy)
    Gattling Gears (twin stick shooter game, great fun, looks great, but again limited replay)

If you were a fan of the old x-com games then xenonauts is one to keep an eye on http://www.xenonauts.com/

I'd also checkout Total Biscuit's WTF is . . . channel on you tube http://www.youtube.com/show?p=vVuDo8ku4PA
    There's some major releases but the majority of titles he looks at are all indy

Some which look great but I've not personally played
    The Unstoppable Gorg - a tower defense type game, slight twist you cannot create paths for the enemies but have to adapt your tower positions to the enemy paths
    Bunch of Heroes - twin stick shooter, nice comedy world, online co-op
    Cthulhu Saves the World - old snes style rpg (made with rpg maker AFAIK) lovely comedy to it.
    Magicka - looks great, not sure if that twin stick, but it's got a really intresting magic system and online multiplayer co-op.
    Super Crate Box - old school single screen arcade game.
    LIMBO - puzzle platformer

ps on pc twin stick means move with keyboard aim with mouse
    One thing Magicka does is reflect how boring other systems magic systems are . i like the element of unpredictability in magick too as in things like dd books - that can be as big factor as anything else .

there should be set spells too but the really cool stuff should require more effort and be quests in themselves perhaps, not just there cos you killed x amount of goblins while being an errand boy.

With more people being laid off from the bigger companies I think theres a good chance indie games are going to start to rival and beat the big boys more and more .

m

Thanks
    • Grey M@a's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K (With H100i cooling)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, 1TB Cavier Black WD HD, 4TB Cavier Black WD HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390X Gaming Edition 8GB
      • PSU:
      • SuperFlower Leadex GOLD 850W Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Corsair 650D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG 24GM77-B 144Hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable

Re: Best Indie Games ?

Quote Originally Posted by kalniel View Post
    *shrugs* Swap characters for character classes and you're there.

Torchlight MMO wasn't a rumour though - the devs came out with that one up front.
    That they did A few days after the fanboys started talking about it. Still waiting on it though, would love to see it, Torchlight was one of those games that got me hooked from the get go, the added bonus is they optimised it for netbooks so my play time went through the roof

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information