Thread: CoD cheats or am I just using wimpy weapons?

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks

CoD cheats or am I just using wimpy weapons?

Ok, what is it when you shoot one guy in CoD multiplayer he obligingly tumbles to the ground in an ingominious heap and then you unload the contents of your magazine into the face of another who then calmly shoots you dead while you are reloading?

If it was just me then I'd be thinking.....naaah it'sjust me. But at home I have a network and my son often plays in the same map as me on a PC sat right next to me and has the same issues. Obviously we aren't cheating as we die promptly when shot by any assailant.

So, are people modding code to make themselves invulnerable and their weapons more potent or am I being paranoid?
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thanks
    what weapons are you using?

I would use the Gewhr '43 (The German semi-automatic rifle) if i was the Germans.
    For American the BAR and for Russians, Moisin Nagant.

Thanks
    I use the STG44 if I'm German, PPSh if Russian (been on the recieving end of that 71 round mag too often not to respect it) BAR as a Yank. Team Deathmatch is too manic on most maps for a rifle. The G43 isn't available in original CoD else I would.

But I emptied a pistol into one player's head at point blank. He turned around and shot me. This is what I mean.

Thanks
    • Flibb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6300
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250G
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing
    Havent tried CoD but did play DoD for quiet a while, and the same thing could happen. You can get odd things happen if there are variations in player ping or the odd bit of lag.

Thanks
    dont mean to sound arrogant, but you dont by chance just keep your finger on the trigger do ya ?

if so, try firing short bursts, so much more effective mate

Thanks
    I hear what you are saying. As it happens I used to use these things for real. Single rounds and bursts of 2-3 are second nature to me. It actually works quite well in these games. Which is a credit to the way the makers have produced the games.

Though a double tap to the back of the head normally woks a treat on occasion this has had no visible affect on another player. I have punkbuster running, in fact many servers won't let you on unless you do. I'm wondering if players have cheats that get around this and play in a 'God' mode. I don't want the cheats myself I just want to enjoy playing the games and know if I shoot a player fair and square he will obligingly 'die' fair and square.

One guy got outside a bunker where we were all spawning and just hosed everyone down as they spawned. Fair play, good game play. Pissed me off cuz I was on the recieving end. But then we spawned elsewhere and someone took him out. Which is cool and shows he was just a switched on player who was playing with the right spirit.

I also shot my son (twice) which caused an indignant outburst when we were on opposite teams

Thread Information