Thread: dark ages of camelot or everquest

Thanks

dark ages of camelot or everquest

as above been wanting to try an online rpg for a while now and was going to get dark ages after advice in a diff thread but saw a review for everquest which also sounds quite good.

im a little torn on which one to get, who prefers which and whcih has the most ocuk members. also i take it both work with broadband

Sexiest Hexus user? quite possibly Russ's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Russ's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Apple Logic Board
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2.8GHZ 8MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 5750
      • Case:
      • iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X Snow Leopard
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iMac
      • Internet:
      • 2mb(on a good day)
    eq anyday of the week, and twice on tuesdays.
    Gamertag - Russonf (xbox and ps3)

Spirit of Vengeance
    Thanks
    I Beta Tested DAoC and it was fun for a while, must re-visit it again sometime, Also played EverQuest for a while, EQ wins tbh.

Thanks
    Agreed. I've played neither recently, but would strangely go back to EQ before DAOC. Still, both games must have changed a hell of alot since...

The best answer would be neither. For me, there is something about getting into an mmorpg relatively early on in its days of innocence.

However I'm holding of on mySWG import which is still sat on desk waiting to be registered - some bad press coming back on it being tad unfinished holding me back.

cs nub
    Thanks
    well having played 2 years of everquest and one year of Daoc and the beta of SWG, personally i would say Daoc

everquest is a very big and established game, i basicly quit after having one of the best equiped warriors on my server, reason, the only thing that kept me playing was the other people that i played with and nothing todo with the game, it was so trivial wait for nasty dragon, get people together, hit nasty dragon, nasty dragon dies dropping best wepon in the game pick up wepon, next week kill another thing and that drops a even better wepon, equipment had became silly helding no value it was left on other chars. sony are very wise to this they make new levels to acheave more things to kill no objective and it can take months of play time to get to the high end of game (where the fun is) all before that is killing small things to see a little blue bar nudge up and making you feel that you have acheaved somthing.

now doac is really the same but once you have achieved the high status (quite fast to get) its PVP based where you go rount in big groups (zerg) and hit other real people capturing keeps and castles. my main char was a merc and it was fun, but it wasnt the same as eq at the time of playing we had killed the toughest mob in the game. doac was good tho due to crafted player items were as good as dropped items so anyone could get good stuff and be the best of their class and it was down to understanding the class and game then running upto a mob and hitting a 1 2 3 1 2 3 etc etc

swg was lame starting off was really hard and it wasnt my type of story game i hated it and wouldnt advise anyone to get it because eq2 is due soon and that looks the doggys gonads

Thanks
    I prefer DAOC played it for several months
    got bored of everquest after a week

cs nub
    Thanks
    you have to give these games more then 1 week mate proberly the free month is too short aswell as half of them have a big learning curve

Sexiest Hexus user? quite possibly Russ's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Russ's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Apple Logic Board
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 2.8GHZ 8MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI 5750
      • Case:
      • iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OS X Snow Leopard
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iMac
      • Internet:
      • 2mb(on a good day)
    yep like wc3, was gonna quit after a week, stuck with and i started winning games, stopped playing now tho.
    Gamertag - Russonf (xbox and ps3)

Thanks
    well i got daoc and so far am very dissapointed as i cant play for more than 30 secs before it locks up my system has anyone come accross this and knows a solution

Thanks
    The usual, update your mobo drivers and gfx drivers to latest WHQL and make sure nothings running in the background. I always found DAOC to be farily well programed and there were deffinately less problems with it at launch than the average mmorpg.
    you have to give these games more then 1 week mate proberly the free month is too short aswell as half of them have a big learning curve
    The problems start when you give them more than 1 week of your time. I've sold my unused SWG import to a friend and am glad to be shot of it. I'm not sure how much of a friend I was doing that though :/

Thanks
    tried all the latest drivers with no joy i eventually got it running on my win 98 disk which i have in a caddy which has all the latest drivers on but no programs so nothing in the background and it runs fine so not sure if problem is xp or something in the background

Thread Information