Thread: Who Remembers....

we'll see about that... alterion's Avatar
    Thanks

Who Remembers....

Independance war 2 edge of chaos...
    Darn fine game.. ibought it on the cheap in 2002 but never really played it due to not having a joystick.. now that i have one i installed it on my new rig.. WHAT A GAME.. i wish they made em like this nowadays.. inspired me more than hl2 has and i am still in the first act with the storm petrel.. had a hard time trakcing down the patch ( figures as the patch was realsed in 2001).. i don;t know when the game was realse but it must have been ages ago.. darn it ha aged well.. the pre-rendered cut scenes and decent voice acting and the fact that you rarley get close enough to enemy ships to see them in detail makes the gfx look great considering.. it is a pity there have been no real space games in the same vien recently.. freelancer was hampered by its "innovative" control system imo and x2/eve was to much a job rather than game., best of infrogames for this superb game.. heck when you reshack it for the goregous concept art you see on loading and find a sound " why do i have to wait for this ==== to load anyway".. you know it is gonna be a good game..
    AMD3000+ ATIX800XL + GBNF44x mobo.. all at stock because they're good enough atm + CA A1 amp-->Mission 73S Loigtech MX1000 + 1GB ram + 1/3 TB HD array
    Wintendo XP + Linux (when it works) .. just incase you were wondering

Bracknell, Berks/University of Kent, Canterbury
    Thanks
    Yup still got this in my box o legendary games, its a shame that the vast majority of good games just get ignored while the lucky few start "sequel syndrome"
    Athlon 64 3800+, 6800GT, 2GB GSkill RAM, 120GB + 320GB HDDs, Logitech Z-680 5.1 etc

we'll see about that... alterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    just getting a bit further into it now.. somehow it feels wrong that i am getting this much fun out of a game. even if had cost me £30.. i keep expecting a steam updating box to pop up and stop me playing the game for an hour..ohh ++++ i just realised it was midnight and i was still up posting.. bb all now.. someon really needs to go to bed.
    AMD3000+ ATIX800XL + GBNF44x mobo.. all at stock because they're good enough atm + CA A1 amp-->Mission 73S Loigtech MX1000 + 1GB ram + 1/3 TB HD array
    Wintendo XP + Linux (when it works) .. just incase you were wondering

Registered+
    Thanks
    got the game but found it really hard to get into, i had heard that it was a great game but it was all a bit weird for me

Conflict Freespace 2 = best EVER space sim, made about the same time as I:War 2 but with graphics that still stand up today and a much more fluid control system (basically flys like the original X-Wing game). Good plot unvelied at the right speed and a very good selection of missions and also good voice acting in missions and briefings. Ive played it through about 6 times.

Thanks
    Yeah, Edge of Chaos is brilliant. I played it up until where you inherit your grandma's space station (not very far, I know!) and then I had to stop playing it for a long time.....can't remember why though. Anyway, after that I'd forgotten the plot and the controls etc, and I just couldn't be arsed to get back into it. I seem to remember it used to crash quite a lot as well for me.....does the patch fix that, and where can I get it?

Registered+
    Thanks
    I think I must have been one of the few people that actually finished this. The story is just great, and some of the weapons and upgrades you get during the game are fantastic... especially the heavy corvette

Try here for the patch :

http://downloads.gameplanet.co.nz/dl...iles/2911.html

Thread Information