Thread: Console controllers

Thanks

Console controllers

Hi.

I was just thinking about how hard it is to use console controllers compared to a keyboard and mouse.

I find the only controller i can use is the N64 one, i think this is becuase i have one, but it just seems right somehow. With the new controllers there is too much analogue stick-ness.

In order of annoyance:

1) Game cube - tried playing Agent underfire (the James Bond game) and the 'C' stick is impossible to use, just couldnt get the hang of it. Similer frustration to using invert mouse if you normally use normal.

2) X-box - just too big

3) PS (1/2) - the d-pad is too tricky for my liking, i just couldnt manaul in tony hawks. So i got whooped by my mate...

4) Dreamcast - lovely, only 4 becuase i want the N64 one to win

5) N64 - whoop Simply layout, control stick not too sensitive, but enough to not make it slow...

Dont think i will ever be able to use a console controller again, as i am so use to keyboard and mouse. Have to get one and just spend days playing it

Will
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thanks
    have you tried the small xbox controllers? they are alot eaiser to use. i have pretty big hands myself and it was kinda hard for me to reach/hold the old big controller. The dreamcast and xbox controller are very similar in shape and layout

Thanks
    Well i have only briefly tried X-box controllers in the shop. well for about 30mins hehe

The dreamcast ones i find 'just so' :S dont know why. i just do hehe
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thread Information