• 750watt Enermax
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" LCD 19" CRT
      • Internet:
      • Be Unlimited

Your most....

I was wondering what games have made an impression on people and for what reason. So written up a few simple questions . Please post the game name (obviously) the platform it was on and why you chose it.

1, Favorite 'modern' (post PSX/N64) game:
    2, Favorite 'retro' (pre PSX/N64 dont worry if your too young ):
    2, Most hated game:
    3, Game that surprised you the most:
    4, Game that disappointed you the most:
    5, Game your most ashamed of liking:
    6, Game you've played more than any other (i know there is a thread but its a good question):

Mine are as follows,

1, Favorite 'modern' game: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time N64, need i say more

2, Favorite 'retro': Lemmings Amiga500, played this game avidly as a kid, it was challenging, fun and funny, 3 things that make an excellent game.

2, Most hated game: Clay fighter 33 1/3 N64, the first game i got on my N64, i dont know what i was thinking when the choice was this or mario 64, i hate it most because at the time i had to save forever to get 1 game and i was lumbered with this for 3 months. Awful controls, graphics, 'humor' and sound. Just so so bad.

3, Game that surprised you the most: Chronicles of riddick: escape from butcher bay PC. When i bought this game i really wasnt looking forward to it that much i disliked the films and especially Vin Diesel. I though it would be at best an average FPS. How wrong was I, amazing graphics good story and excellent gameplay. A pleasure from start to finish. One of the very few games i played through more than twice.

4, Game that disappointed you the most: Daikatana PC, after years of development more hype than had ever been seen, an apparent 'guru' at the help what could go wrong! Well, everything, the graphics were lackluster, story was well pants. The clincher was the mm perfect jump needed to be made on 1 level across a chasm, a straight hour of trying to no avail led to a swift uninstall. So so bad.

5, Game your most ashamed of liking: Pokemon Red, gameboy. Quite possibly the most addictive hand held experience ever, no wonder kids loved it so much. Nintendo managed to create something more addictive than crack cocaine and sell it to kids! Go pikachuuu!!!

6, Game you've played more than any other: Soldier of fortune 2 PC. The best online fps ever imho, played virtually every day for years. Team Fortress Classic comes a very close 2nd, it would probably have won if not for the fact i was on dailup.
    NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 60gb, XBOX, XBOX 360, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD

Thanks
    • Spitfire01's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B75-G41
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3770
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Coresair RM750
      • Case:
      • Akasa Mirage
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell WFP 2407
    1. Fav Modern = "The Dawn of War" series PC. Teaming up online with a mate with big armies...

2. Fav Retro = Can't decide between "Bio Hazard Battle" on the Sega or "Perfect Dark" on the N64 or "Golden Eye" on the N64.

3. Most Hated = "World of Warcraft" PC. Just gets on my nerves everyones ranting and raving about a game that is pretty boring and requires too muhc time to be considered fun in my books.

4. Most Surprising Game = "Mario Strikers Charged Football" Wii. Didn't expect much from it but it's pretty addictive and fun. The online is great fun too.

5. Most Disappointing Game = "Stalker" PC. I wasn't expecting much but it does seem a bit of a waste of an install. Too buggy didn't live up to the hype...not even close from what i've played so far.

6. Game Most Ashamed of Liking = "Pokemon Red" on Gameboy aswell. Same reasons above.. was truely epic in it's addictiveness.

7. Game played more than any other = "Guitar Hero 2" PS2. Wasted many many many evenings playing this at my mates. Damn game can't leave it alone.

Thanks
    1, Favorite 'modern' (post PSX/N64) game: half life 2

2, Favorite 'retro' (pre PSX/N64 dont worry if your too young ):killer instict

2, Most hated game: pro evo

3, Game that surprised you the most: dungeon keeper

4, Game that disappointed you the most: latest civ

5, Game your most ashamed of liking: The sims

6, Game you've played more than any other (i know there is a thread but its a good question): Goldeneye n 64

Purple Member
    Thanks
    • Tarffie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP-35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 (PC2-8500C5)
      • Storage:
      • 250gb + 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800GT 512mb w/ Accelero S1
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408wfp & 2405fpw
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 50Mb/s
    1. Favourite Modern Game:
    Hmm. Tricky one. Perhaps an odd choice, but I reckon I'll go for SOCOM: US NAVY SEALs. First proper online gaming experience and the best time for it. I was a Beta Tester for PS2 Online so got to play it for about 2 months with a load of decent guys, no public access. Awesome. I've yet to find a gaming experience or community I've enjoyed as much as those days.

2. Favourite Retro Game:
    Micro Machines for the MegaDrive. Then they released that one with two extra controller ports in the cartridge. Genius.

3. Most Hated Game:
    King Kong. Horrible, but I've bought it so I'll play through it one day.

4. Surprising Game:
    Football Manager. I've always been a football fan, but never found it appealing, dismissing it as "teletext with anti-aliasing." Then I gave it a go...and then I realised 7 hours had passed.

5. Disappointing Game:
    Halo. All of them. Nothing new, just a run of the mill FPS. That said, I did start to enjoy the Halo 3 Online Beta.

6. Embarassing Game:
    I guess this is Pokemon (as in the entire GBA series), but I'm not really ashamed of liking it.

7. Time Consuming Game:
    Counter-Strike: Source. I played it regularly from the Beta (August 2004) till the end of last year.

Edit: Wow, I like my online Betas don't I?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Id have to say Final fantasy 7 here, when i first played it wasnt too interersted... Then picked it up a few months later and been my favourite game ever since... if this is too old then either max payne 2 or deus ex are my next favourites then half life 2.

2. Favourite Retro Game:
    Hmmm Final Fantasy 6.... played this after 7 ( 8 / 9 / 10 .. etc ) But was pleasently suprised how good it was... Much better than 8 9 and 10 but not quite up to 7..... or maybe just on par...

3. Most Hated Game:
    Echo the Dolphin ... ( this game gave me nightmares when i was a kid! lol )

4. Surprising Game:
    Penumbra Overture... brilliant little game loved the puzzles and really wasnt expecting such a good game

5. Disappointing Game:
    Doom 3 ..... was long drawn out... boring

6. Embarassing Game:
    Pokemon also here.... played blue / yellow / gold.... then more recently the new DS one till i got bored and not played it in months

7. Time Consuming Game:
    World of warcraft.... took away a whole year of my life till i quit
    Last edited by boxrick; 30-06-2007 at 02:56 AM.

Thanks
    • pr0p4g4nd4's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Strix B550 Mini ITX
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
      • Memory:
      • 2x32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB+500GB M.2 NVME
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 1070 Mini
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF750
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Masterbox NR200P
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, Arch Linux, macOS Catalina
      • Monitor(s):
      • 4x 27" LG 4K IPS
    Hmm. Tough... Probably GMod 10 for it's many possibilities and great online play. I love building stuff and this mod really utilises the source engine really well.

2. Favourite Retro Game:
    Super Mario World, SNES. Amazing game. Even though I'm not so good at it any more it's still a fantastic game.

3. Most Hated Game:
    I've been quite fortunate and never really owned a game that was that bad, but I'd have to say any of the football manager games. I've spent many hours with some of my less entertaining friends while they just sit there clicking away, messing about with their fictional club.

4. Surprising Game:
    FIFA Road To Fifa World Cup. I bought it for the 360 achievements for a mere fiver and ended up becoming a football game fan!

5. Disappointing Game:
    DRIV3R

6. Embarassing Game:
    Another vote for Pokemon (but I only played Red & Blue), I'm not ashamed of liking it, but it is a game I might get ragged for liking, despite it being one of the best GB titles to date.

7. Time Consuming Game: Probably GMod again, something I usually turn to in moments of despair, although I tend to mix up what I play quite frequently.

Thanks
    • Trash Man's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V LE Z77
      • CPU:
      • i5 2550k
      • Memory:
      • 8GB 1600 DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 128GB Crucial SSD 1 x 1TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1.5GB 580 GTX
      • PSU:
      • Be Quiet 680W E9
      • Case:
      • CM 830 Stacker
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 x 2
      • Internet:
      • 20mb IDNet ADSL
    1. Fav Modern = World of Warcraft, had so many fun nights of raiding with the guild and many good laughs.

2. Fav Retro = Either Super Hang`on on the Mega Drive or the Mega Man Series.

3. Most Hated = World of Warcraft, Because now I have managed to kick the additction I realise how much of my life I wasted playing it. It's like crack one you get hooked that's it. Sold my account so there can be no going back

4. Most Surprising Game = Sorry, really stuck to think of one at the moment

5. Most Disappointing Game = Stole this from Spitfire01, but it's what I would have said "Stalker" PC. I wasn't expecting much but it does seem a bit of a waste of an install. Too buggy didn't live up to the hype...not even close from what i've played so far.

6. Game Most Ashamed of Liking = The Pokemon games on the N64, but not for the main game, the mini games are great. Still play them to this day with a few friends, barrier ball and sushi goround are the 2 classics.

7. Game played more than any other = World of Warcraft, spent around 30 months playing this, and never touched another game in that time.

Living and dying laughing and crying
    Once you have seen it you will never be the same
    Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
    Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean

Darkside Member
    Thanks
    • Gunwitch's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte 870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II x4 Quad Cor
      • Memory:
      • 8gig Corsair XMS3
      • Storage:
      • 500gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 1024meg 560TI DS Superclocked
      • PSU:
      • NorthQ 850 Black Magic Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF 912
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Cibox C2201D 22
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Cable
    1, Favorite 'modern' (post PSX/N64) game: BF2142
    2, Favorite 'retro' (pre PSX/N64 dont worry if your too young ):Bomberman/Lemmings
    2, Most hated game:World of Warcraft - met a good bunch of people who turned out to be total f***ers
    3, Game that surprised you the most: Quake 4
    4, Game that disappointed you the most:Stalker/Quake Wars (yes i know its still beta)
    5, Game your most ashamed of liking:CS:S
    6, Game you've played more than any other: World of Warcraft until i gave it up after playing from Day 1
    [QUOTE]Clunk - If you hold a bright light up to the grills on the back, with the monitor off, they will fly out, unless they are dead, in which case, they wont.[QUOTE]

Combat Revolution: www.combatrevolution.net

sp3n
    1. Favourite Modern Game: Torn between Metal Gear Solid II and Silent Hill II.. still both are so amazing

2. Favourite Retro Game: ToeJam & Earl for the sega megadrive

3. Most Hated Game: Halo, i guess im one of those that just doesnt 'get' the halo craze

4. Surprising Game: System shock 2, i bought it not knowing anything about it - and was blown away!

5. Disappointing Game: Stalker..

6. Embarassing Game: The sims (a few years ago heh)

7. Time Consuming Game: Jedi knight II, completed the single player many many times - and was the first game i played online (which was soooooooo addictive)

Thanks
    1, Favorite 'modern' (post PSX/N64) game: UT2k4 - got me back into gaming after a 20 year break
    2, Favorite 'retro' (pre PSX/N64 dont worry if your too young ): Bobby Bearing on spectrum
    2, Most hated game: Any tennis or footy game (apart from Match Day and sensible soccer)
    3, Game that surprised you the most: STALKER - Seems I'm the only one though!
    4, Game that disappointed you the most: Any GTA game I ever played.
    5, Game your most ashamed of liking: Probably STALKER by the looks of this thread(!) But I really loved what they accomplished with that troubled project.
    6, Game you've played more than any other : UT2K4, STALKER, Oblivion and X3.
    What we share with everyone is glum, and dark...

Thanks
    Probably Virtua Tennis on the DC, I've not gone back to a game as often as I have this one. Basically every year (around wimbledon time) we get the dreamcast out and start playing it. For all I know the CD lid could have been broken for the past 6 years and we wouldn't know because it's the only game we play on the thing! I feel it could be the end of an era though, because we now have Virtua Tennis 3 on the X360. I'm still kinda reluctant to admit it's a better game. Also a game called Tribes, but I'll mention that later.

My initial thought it settlers 2 for the PC. It's another game I've gone back to again and again. I was never that great at it, but it was made in such a way that this didn't bother me at all. I still enjoy replaying even the tutorial levels every now and then.

3, Most hated game:
    It's quite hard to say, because I've never really been in a position that I've had to play something I didn't like. I spose I am quite bitter about the game Runescape because I applied (and failed) for a job at the company that make it. I decided to play it for a month before my interview and it was so boring. I thought I better stick at it to show I've got an interest in their main money maker, but my god, it was a chore.... :/

4, Game that surprised you the most:
    There are two. The first involved loading up a demo that was included with another PS2 game with no expectation. The demo was Devil May Cry and my god, it was awesome. 4 of us were sat there awe struck by how quick and well it played (especially the cat mini boss).

The second was Tribes. I always considered it a free addon to another game I bought (Starsiege, a mechwarrior game). I played starsiege for about half an hour and it was boring, really boring. I decided that, before sending it back to the shop, I'd give tribes a go and it was basically the only game I played for years. It was forgiving of people with 56k connections but could still allow for 32 man battles.

5, Game that disappointed you the most:
    Not entirely sure... Devil May Cry 2 springs to mind, probably just because I mentioned the first one. This time I had alot of expectations for the game and basically it didn't live up to them. I loved Zelda - Ocarina of time, so was psyched about playing Majora's mask. It's a shame but I just couldn't get into it.

6, Game your most ashamed of liking:
    I'm not ashamed of anything I like really. I spose the game I should be most ashamed of liking though is 'Osu Tatakae Ouendan' which is basically a game about male cheerleaders.

7, Game you've played more than any other:
    Easily Tribes, by a mile. Followed by Dungeon Keeper 1 and Theme Hospital.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Rookie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5N-E SLi
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2gb Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2x Samsung Spinpoint 250gb SATA2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2x nVidia GeForce 8800GTS in SLi
      • PSU:
      • Antec TruePower Trio 650w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" Daewoo HL920W @ 1440x900
      • Internet:
      • Tiscali UK 2.2mbps ADSL
    Quote Originally Posted by spazman View Post
    I was wondering what games have made an impression on people and for what reason. So written up a few simple questions . Please post the game name (obviously) the platform it was on and why you chose it.

Half-Life 2 for PC. It was the first game that I played that made me actually say "Wow" out loud when playing it for the first time. The graphics were spectacular and the storyline incredible. The HL series is still by far my favourite game series today.
    Transport Tycoon Deluxe (PC/DOS). Actually the best game ever, period. I still play it in its current incarnation, OpenTTD.
    2, Most hated game:
    London Racer 2 (PC/PS2). Pathetic graphics, poor car handling and a terrible soundtrack. I expected better considering that the original game wasn't all that bad.
    3, Game that surprised you the most:
    Star Trek: Elite Force (PC). I really wasn't expecting all that much after I bought it, however once I started to play it was OMFG so good. Ingenious storyline, graphics weren't too shabby (considering it was built on the Quake3 Arena engine) and online multiplayer provided endless fun.
    4, Game that disappointed you the most:
    Can't really think of many other than the aforementioned London Racer 2. Waste of potential.
    5, Game your most ashamed of liking:
    The Sims (PC). It gets old pretty quickly, though, and you can only burn/drown so many Sims before you begin to question your own morality as a "benevolent" overseer.
    6, Game you've played more than any other (i know there is a thread but its a good question):
    ST: Elite Force, however Half-Life 2 has almost overtaken it by now. I must have completed both games at least 10-15 times.

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre
    1, fav modern=battlefield 2 ( dragged me away from css which stole my life)
    2,fav retro = sonic the hedgehog (it was just brilliant)
    3,most hated game= the sims (jeez if you wanna get a girl in a bath go out and meet a real one its way more fun)
    4,most surprising game= age of empires (never thought i'd like it now i love rts games)
    5,disappointing game =ET quake wars (got on the beta last week this game is a very poor version of bf2142 well disappointed)
    6,ashamed to like =stalker (really like this game but it seems very unpopular)
    7,most played =css/bf2 (tough to say which i've played the most still love them both)

Thread Information