• Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    XTR, seriously mate, consider eloping if/when you pop the question.

Go somewhere like the carribbean itl still cost a load but at least you will benefit from the holiday more than the wedding reception or something

plus its dead romantic

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    i'm really sorry to anyone who has spent a fortune getting married, but my wedding cost me a grand total of £120, and my "honeymoon" was a stone temple pilots/red hot chili peppers gig

got married in a pair of combat trousers, loud hawaiian shirt & pair of converse(me) pink vest, denim mini-skirt & flop-flops (her)

fair nuff, it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing whilst on holiday in vegas, but it was such a doddle!

there are wedding chapels everywhere & its common enough to see brides in their gowns sat at slot machines so ur never far away from the subject. we had a chat over a few beers one evening, decided the whole church thing with all the fuss & expense wasn't really our idea of fun so thought "lets go for it"

got up the next morning, got a cab to the county courthouse, filled in a form & paid about £60 & got a license, walked into the little white wedding chapel with it & said "can we get married?"

30 mins & another £60 quid later we're sat in a bar having our 1st beer as mr & mrs!

the stone temple pilots / chili peppers were playing that night & it was my birthday while we were there so my missus had organised tickets as a surprise, so that was our honeymoon taken care of

i spose i should include the cost of the flights / hotels etc but even then it was still only just over 1k including the cash we spent on booze & gambling

hardest part was coming home & telling our families but tbh they were fine (in fact her dad was delighted cos she's the youngest of 3 sisters & he'd already stumped up for the previous 2 so i was his hero)

so...my 2p to anyone getting married- vegas all the way!!
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

In a place called VERTIGO CrapshoT's Avatar
    Thanks
    i liked it so much ive done it twice and it does cost a bomb like the reception after the wedding it cost me £35 a head thats children included per meal 110 people there adds up to alot of money to watch being thrown on the floor and spewed up a little later and thats just one part of it you gotta be serious to do it lol
    Farts are like children.....You always love you're Own.!!!
    Wise Men learn from Other people's mistake's...Fool's learn from their OWN.!!!

XTR
    Va-va-vooom
    Thanks
    Originally posted by steve threlfall
    XTR, seriously mate, consider eloping if/when you pop the question.

Go somewhere like the carribbean itl still cost a load but at least you will benefit from the holiday more than the wedding reception or something

plus its dead romantic

married! maybe a couple of years! i've already been asked if i want kids! jeez!!!!! when we are settled then i'll go for it!

*Disclaimer* - The contents of this message are not necessarily my own opinions,thoughts or views... they may belong to the voices in my head!

misterious and scary
    Thanks
    yeah depends what type i doubt i will have a big proper style weddin its silly, i know churches rip you off and always ask for huge sums of money, cause they know they can do it

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Thanks
    I got married in the US. Done the preposal bit then off we went. We had navahoe indians as witnesses (people we met oot there) & they got the use of the limo.

Tan

Thanks
    • jon bda's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Q6600 G0
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Kingston HyperX
      • Storage:
      • 250gb (Boot) 4x 500gb (Storage)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS HD5770 1gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V1010
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SyncMaster 204BW
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet ADSL
    Originally posted by Shorty
    Getting married next year

My wife-to-be and I are getting married in our normal clothes. No suits/dresses or other fancy stuff (we both never wanted that).

Then a drink at the local and some grub for all who want to attend. That's it. Really simple.

Then we are flying out to spend 4 weeks in US, staying with friends

Just like Deckard, my sister and my brother have both had lavish "big do" weddings. It's just not our style, we would prefer to not spend so much on one day. We know we love each other, we are totally committed to each other and we don't feel we need a big wedding to prove it
    Now thats the way to do it...my mum managed to force me into a suit to go to the registry office, but in the photos where we're cutting the cake etc, i'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Anyway, our wedding was dirt cheap, went from the registry office to my sisters farm for a garden party that went on all day and all night and everyone had a great time, no debt, no hassles...

Thanks
    Originally posted by acidrainy
    Hmmm.... ain't the tradition for the Father of the Bride to cough up?
    Huh... That's the theory... But in practice, it is often not the case. I'm fairly certain that the dad of Ruler_of_spike will either not contribute or contribute very little (as and when it happens, we're only been living together for 2.5 years )...
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    Originally posted by petrefax
    i'm really sorry to anyone who has spent a fortune getting married, but my wedding cost me a grand total of £120, and my "honeymoon" was a stone temple pilots/red hot chili peppers gig

got married in a pair of combat trousers, loud hawaiian shirt & pair of converse(me) pink vest, denim mini-skirt & flop-flops (her)

fair nuff, it was a bit of a spur of the moment thing whilst on holiday in vegas, but it was such a doddle!

there are wedding chapels everywhere & its common enough to see brides in their gowns sat at slot machines so ur never far away from the subject. we had a chat over a few beers one evening, decided the whole church thing with all the fuss & expense wasn't really our idea of fun so thought "lets go for it"

got up the next morning, got a cab to the county courthouse, filled in a form & paid about £60 & got a license, walked into the little white wedding chapel with it & said "can we get married?"

30 mins & another £60 quid later we're sat in a bar having our 1st beer as mr & mrs!

the stone temple pilots / chili peppers were playing that night & it was my birthday while we were there so my missus had organised tickets as a surprise, so that was our honeymoon taken care of

i spose i should include the cost of the flights / hotels etc but even then it was still only just over 1k including the cash we spent on booze & gambling

hardest part was coming home & telling our families but tbh they were fine (in fact her dad was delighted cos she's the youngest of 3 sisters & he'd already stumped up for the previous 2 so i was his hero)

so...my 2p to anyone getting married- vegas all the way!!
    That rules! Ahhhahahahaa!

Id have considered Vegas, if it wasn't for my mum. I would like her to see me get married and my fiancee's dad would also like to be there.

They do totally support us in our choice. They know it's what we want and I know her dad is totally buzzed that he is only buying a few beers in the pub afterwards

Im surprised by the reaction as I figured people might have thought it wasn't right to want to get married as we are.

Thanks for the comments
    "In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Thanks
    lol..... Can anyone knock me up a "Just divorced" sig! My Decree absolute came through on friday. The scary thing is it was more expensive than the wedding, nearly £40k including settlement!
    Beer is life, life is good!

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Originally posted by Bindibadgi
    Tbh, and i know this would never happen (bloody women) id rather spend £500 on getting married then £3k on the honeymoon for like a month away travelling! Spending a month with ur new wife rather than 1 expensive day seems more worth it imo.
    Thats the way i'd rather do it aswell, spen 4/5k on a day with your g/ surrounded by people OR 3k on a huge honeymoon just you and her

gotta be a small ceremony if i ever get married, best friends and family only and then off to the local

Thanks
    Originally posted by jamin
    lol..... Can anyone knock me up a "Just divorced" sig! My Decree absolute came through on friday. The scary thing is it was more expensive than the wedding, nearly £40k including settlement!
    How about this.. (5 minute photoshop)

"In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?"

Thanks
    Shorty, that is fantastic.... You are the man!!
    Beer is life, life is good!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information