Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things you are proud of.....

Thanks

Things you are proud of.....

What things that you own are you proud of? It can be materialistic, or emotional.

I'll start things off with my trophies that I have won over the years playing football

What are you proud of?

Nick
    Last edited by Lead_Head; 05-08-2003 at 03:29 PM.

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    What are they for? U play(ed) professionally?

Exam completion (& results): GCSEs, A-levels (not so much, i got disappointing results ). Hopefully my Degree too.

Family

Nothing much really.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks
    • Howard's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb OCZ DDR2 6400
      • Storage:
      • 250GB & 500GB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Inno3d iChill 7900GS
      • PSU:
      • Antec SmartPower 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 330
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x AG Neovo F419
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mbit
    My DIY subwoofer
    I put a lot of work into making it look and sound nice, etc.

Home cinema: Toshiba 42XV555DB Full HD LCD | Onkyo TX-SR705 | NAD C352 | Monitor Audio Bronze B2 | Monitor Audio Bronze C | Monitor Audio Bronze BFX | Yamaha NSC120 | BK Monolith sub | Toshiba HD-EP35 HD-DVD | Samsung BD-P1400 BluRay Player | Pioneer DV-575 | Squeezebox3 | Virgin Media V+ Box
    PC: Asus P5B | Core2duo 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 PC6400 | Inno3d iChill 7900GS | Auzentech X-Plosion 7.1 | 250GB | 500GB | NEC DVDRW | Dual AG Neovo 19"
    HTPC: | Core2Duo E6420 2.13GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 250GBx2 | Radeon X1300 | Terratec Aureon 7.1 | Windows MCE 2005
    Laptop: 1.5GHz Centrino | 512MB | 60GB | 15" Wide TFT | Wifi | DVDRW

Thanks
    Originally posted by Bindibadgi
    What are they for? U play(ed) professionally?

Exam completion (& results): GCSEs, A-levels (not so much, i got disappointing results ). Hopefully my Degree too.

Family

Nothing much really.
    They are all for playing football

I havent played professionally. Although I did figure in Nottingham Forest's youth team for a few matches and also Nottingham City Boys football team at around the age of 15.

However, none of those trophies are from either of said teams. They were from 2 different football teams (I used to play Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning )! And also for my school (but they were crap )

The majority of those trophies were won in 2 seasons. Where my Saturday team won both the league + two cups 2 seasons in a row!

I then left them as the manager didnt like me, and I didnt particularly like him

I then lost interest in playing football and never touched a ball in 2 years. I then got back into it during college and started a 5-a-side team at my local sports centre. We won the league there and got a nice trophy and a crate of beer to share between us (alcohol is always a bonus )

Nick

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Cool I used to play footie sunday mornings but never really wont anything cause our team was crap. We were pretty good footballers, just everyone else was better

I play down the park with friends since and prefer it cause i wasnt old enough (nor developed enough physically) to play properly. Also, im not fussed with the competition much.

Id love to get into it at uni though, but noone i know plays there Bout the only thing i can do since my fingers have perminant tendonitis so i cant do rock climbing anymore
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Computer Science Degree,
    mad holidays on my own to places i've never been.
    Coaching of under 6 youth football team.

I am proud of what i'm like.

Sure i can be subtle as a lump hammer on here, but i'm different from this off the internet.

TiG

Thanks
    My two kids Allana & Ricky

Tan

Thanks

Re: Things you are proud of.....

Originally posted by Lead_Head
    I'll start things off with my trophies that I have won over the years playing football
    Show off...

Me? I don't have much sporting achievements to talk about, but try this one...

I've fully recovered from a broken left femur (thigh bone), hurt while playing rugby a few years ago. It turned out that I was carrying a stress fracture for weeks which I didn't know. Due to the stresses of doing turns and changes of speed during the 1st half, it finally gave way early in the 2nd half. I was taken to hospital (obviously) and there were what followed: 4 hours of operation which the consultant inserted a metal bar inside the bone itself with "screws" attaching the top and bottom of the bar to the bone. After 3 days in hospital, I was released and left to fend for myself. I was on crutches for nearly 5 months; over 50 hours of physiotheropy and hydrotheropy - my left leg has to, effectly, learn how to walk again.

However, I'm fine now. Ok, I'm nowhere near as fast as I once was (I was a winger and did 100m in 11sec), I played occasionally until a couple of years ago. The metal bar is still inside my bone; it will probably stay there for the rest of my life, unless it becomes a threat to my health.

19 years of rugby union and American football has left me with a broken leg, a broken bone in my foot (someone knee landed on the palm of my foot on a bone-dry pitch) and a separated shoulder (I was a wing forward before)... But hey, I enjoyed every single one of those minutes it spent training and playing these sports.

I'm proud of that.
    Last edited by spikegifted; 05-08-2003 at 05:04 PM.
    Caution: Cape does not enable user to fly. - Batman costume warning label (Rolfe, John & Troob, Peter, Monkey Business (Swinging Through the Wall Street Jungle), 2000)

Thanks
    Bye the way Lead_head I used to sponser 'the Newark Arms ' football team. But canna really say I am proud of that.

Tan

Thanks
    Winning the Year 2000 National Computer Console Championship!
    On Goldeneye against 800 hopefuls
    £1250 given to me by Saracen The gladiator....and he was a big rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbisher!
    Also, getting a development deal for my band,
    Robert Plant praising us to high heaven,
    Beacon playing us...
    There's a few others, but they stand out

misterious and scary
    Thanks
    i got a few running trophies which i am very happy bout yay

i also am happy with my results from the gcse's

errr ? ? ?

im confused

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I got silver in the British Sambo Wrestling/Judo championships, 2001. I also got my shoulder torn a month later, and am still waiting for an NHS operation.. haven't been able to fight/train since.

Thanks
    I am proud that:

No matter what happens, i can fix almost anything.
    I own everyone i've played at table football
    I can put away more alcohol than my m8s.
    I can be a bigger man if i need to be (and kick his ass if i dont)

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Theo
    I got silver in the British Sambo Wrestling/Judo championships, 2001. I also got my shoulder torn a month later, and am still waiting for an NHS operation.. haven't been able to fight/train since.
    Whow cool! (the silver not the op wait). I did Judo as a kid but gave up cause i got to like "orange 3" when i was 11 and was only about 4'5" and small built going up against 13-14 year old, much bigger built kids of similar grade That truely sucked and since i have an inferiority complex about fighting people , wish id kept it up though.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I was 12 when I started, and in the group that I trained with (Tonge Judo Club), all the kids quit when they were 16. So I was the only one to go into the adult class. Ended up training against the kind of guy that you can just tell would absolutely maul you in a dark alley. It was all good fun though, managed to hold my own, and I think it made me a better fighter.

Before I did judo/sambo, I trained Kempo from quite an early age. Bit of a mix of kickboxing and karate. Good fun, I learnt alot from that, but I do regret stopping when I started highschool

Thanks

Re: Re: Things you are proud of.....

Originally posted by spikegifted
    Show off...
    it got the ball rolling, nah seriously...

Originally posted by spikegifted
    Me? I don't have much sporting achievements to talk about, but try this one...

I've fully recovered from a broken left femur (thigh bone), hurt while playing rugby a few years ago. It turned out that I was carrying a stress fracture for weeks which I didn't know. Due to the stresses of doing turns and changes of speed during the 1st half, it finally gave way early in the 2nd half. I was taken to hospital (obviously) and there were what followed: 4 hours of operation which the consultant inserted a metal bar inside the bone itself with "screws" attaching the top and bottom of the bar to the bone. After 3 days in hospital, I was released and left to fend for myself. I was on crutches for nearly 5 months; over 50 hours of physiotheropy and hydrotheropy - my left leg has to, effectly, learn how to walk again.

However, I'm fine now. Ok, I'm nowhere near as fast as I once was (I was a winger and did 100m in 11sec), I played occasionally until a couple of years ago. The metal bar is still inside my bone; it will probably stay there for the rest of my life, unless it becomes a threat to my health.
    [SNIP]

I'm proud of that.
    Thats something to be really proud of! Dont think I could manage to do what you have done!

Do you get hassle at airports etc?

Nick
    Last edited by Lead_Head; 05-08-2003 at 06:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information