Thread: Extreem Cooling

Thanks

Extreem Cooling

Alright, I have to start somewhere, I am thinking of becoming the first to design something of a nutbag idea. Thinking about the Liquid Nitrogen, I am told and have read that anyone who is using the liquid nitrogen is just trying to set a new speed record. It is not ment for long term use, because the liquid nitorgen will put extreem stress on the processor, and eventually burn it out.

1) Does anyone know, or can anyone find out where those statistics are , at what point the processor fails in these attempts to work with the extreem overclocking?

2) I need to find a way a making a small, closed system for LN2, so that there is no vat of LN2 just sitting there in the middle of the mainboard. I have seen advertisments for overclocking , they sell aluminum toobs that fit over the processor, I think to myself how barbaric! They will pour in LN2 like alcohol into a glass. Wouldn't it be much better to have a closed enviornment, something that pumps the LN2 around inside of a metal box or something say? Continuisly circulating.

3) Now we get into the problems, what are the extreem stresses, I need the data for this. I am thinking of a new way of trying to cool the processor, somehow moving the processor itself off the motherboard and having it cooled, and leads or a electronic pad with leads going back to the mainboard to connect up wit the PGA, or LGA platform. (Just because I really don't want to have the LN2 pump by the mother board components)

4) I am a dreamer, but I am also solid in a background in sience and computer science, so I know something like this is possible. The end result that I want is a safe LN2 closed pump system that cools the processor and makes it possible to get the rediculecly high rates of overclocking, but not just for a few minutes, and hour, but a stable and long term solution for cooling.

Please share your imput with me.

Thanks

Re: Extreem Cooling

By constructing a closed loop, you imply that the liquid nitrogen will need to be re-used. In order for it to be re-used, it must be returned from nitrogen gas to a liquid form.
    A triple stage cascade can take an evap down to around 120 sub-zero.
    Liquid Nitrogen boils at ~200 sub-zero.

Call me a skeptic, but it's never gonna happen

Thread Information