• Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

What are BT up too?

Why have I just been offered free weekend and evening calls with a 12 month tie in, and, on looking at the webpage, why are there severa other options?

Quote Originally Posted by BT
    Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan (formally BT Together Option 2)
    Free UK Evening & Weekend calls – 12 month renewable contract deal

Free UK Evening & Weekend calls are available to eligible residential customers agreeing to a 12 month renewable contract on the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan. Line rental costs apply. You will only pay line rental, which has a monthly cost of £10.50 if you pay by Direct Debit or monthly payment plan and elect for paper-free billing. Otherwise add £1.50 per month for payment processing fee levied by BT Payment Services Limited, a BT Group company, plus £1.25 without paper-free billing discount. Exclusions and conditions apply. Discount is via bill credit, which will be applied to your next or subsequent bill.

At the end of each 12 month minimum period the contract will be automatically renewed for a further 12 month minimum period unless you tell us otherwise. We will write to remind you when your contract is nearing the end of the renewable period. You cannot downgrade during the minimum period or any renewable minimum period. If you cease service during the minimum period or any renewable period a termination charge will apply. If you upgrade to the Unlimited Anytime Plan within the 12 month minimum period, your credits will cease and your contract will not be renewed at the end of the minimum period.

If you do not wish to renew, all you need to do is let us know before the renewal date. If you choose not to renew your contract with us, you will then start to pay the standard monthly price for the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan, currently £2.70 per month plus line rental.

BT Local, BT Working Together and BT Working Together Talk, Light User Scheme or In Contact Plus are no longer available for new supply, so customers will not be able to return to these packages at the end of the minimum period or any renewal period.

Excludes customers benefiting from some special offers or deals.

UK Evening & Weekend calls at no extra cost – 18 months contract deal

UK Evening & Weekend calls at no extra cost are available to eligible residential customers agreeing to an 18 month contract on the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan.

You will only pay line rental, which has a monthly cost of £10.50 if you pay by Direct Debit or monthly payment plan and elect for paper-free billing. Otherwise add £1.50 per month for payment processing fee levied by BT Payment Services Limited, a BT Group company, plus £1.25 without paper-free billing discount. Exclusions and conditions apply. Discount is via bill credit, which will be applied to your next or subsequent bill.

If you remain on the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan at the end of the 18 month minimum period the full price for the Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan of £14.45 per month will apply. If you upgrade to the Unlimited Anytime Plan during the 18 month minimum period, you will take the remainder of the minimum period with you and the charge for the Unlimited Anytime Plan will be £17.70 per month. You cannot downgrade during the 18 month minimum period. If you cease service during the 18 month minimum period a termination charge will apply.

BT Local, BT Working Together and BT Working Together Talk, Light User Scheme or In Contact Plus are no longer available for new supply, so customers will not be able to return to these packages at the end of the minimum period.

Excludes customers benefiting from some special offers or deals.

Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan

The Unlimited Evening & Weekend Plan is available to eligible residential customers with no minimum term. Please note, a minimum term of 12 months applies to line rental for new customers signing up to this calling plan.

The price is £2.70 per month plus line rental, which has a monthly cost of £10.50 if you pay by Direct Debit or monthly payment plan and elect for paper-free billing.

Otherwise, add £1.50 per month for payment processing fee levied by BT Payment Services Limited, a BT Group company, plus £1.25p without paper-free billing discount.
    Is someone about to enter the market who may steal me away and therefore 12months tie-in is good for them?

Or are they gonna have a price rise soon?

Or are they just catching up with other deals?

I already get free weekend calls....so why the evening freebie too?

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Re: What are BT up too?

I got signed up to this, when I clearly said about 2 months ago when ordering a phone line for the new house, all I want/need the line for is the internet. Sneaky *******'* got me onto this, so when cancelling the line cause I know longer live there, they can get a fat you've broken the contract early cancellation fee

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

I'm not going anywehre so am not in that risk, BUT I fee for you chap.

Anyone else know if there's anything in the pipeline that's making them sign people up like a mobilenetowkr does...for a longer period than you'd like

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Guy
    HEXUS.social member
    Thanks

Could this possibly be a way of maybe stopping more people flocking to the likes of Talk-talk, and orange etc? Tie them into a 12 month contract to keep the cash flowing in for them?

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

By making you get tied in for another 12 months, it ensures that your phone and internet business is very likely to stay with BT. Given that they plan to lanuch Phorm sooner rather than later, having a lot of locked in customers is good for business.

(\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/)
    (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=)
    (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(")

This is bunny and friends. He is fed up waiting for everyone to help him out, and decided to help himself instead!

Thanks

VM are doing well ATM (last 4/5 months), very well (last month) might have something to do with it.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Well... how do you think they're going to get the money to expand their 21CN and fibre network so broadband speeds increase to the rumoured 100 mbps ?

Thread Information