Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fancy a nice free professionally made album? I made one :)

Tech Geek.
    Thanks

Re: Fancy a nice free professionally made album? I made one :)

dont know if this helps at all but maybe throw your music on lastfm? has a huge fan base and a media player software too.

Thanks

hey just listened to the album once through and lovin it. this has the same cool, smooth sound as kanye west's graduation which is one of my fav albums and the rythmns are amazing. it feels even more polished than a lot of the big commercial albums i've got recently (paper trail?). i've never heard any of jay-z's work before because i'm not a huge hip-hop fan but this has made me want to discover more of it. thanks for the great download, i'm off to get some headphones

Senior Trouble Maker muddyfox470's Avatar
    Thanks
    • muddyfox470's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit I-N73HD
      • CPU:
      • E4500
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC6400 Corsair ?
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Seagate 7200.12 500Gb and 1 x Hitachi 7k1000.b 750gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone SG-01e
      • Monitor(s):
      • Fujitsu D22W-1
      • Internet:
      • BT Home

Well done lad! Good to see a release All the best!
    Mac fancier > white macbook base spec .................. CS: muddyfirebang

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaoman View Post
    hey just listened to the album once through and lovin it. this has the same cool, smooth sound as kanye west's graduation which is one of my fav albums and the rythmns are amazing. it feels even more polished than a lot of the big commercial albums i've got recently (paper trail?). i've never heard any of jay-z's work before because i'm not a huge hip-hop fan but this has made me want to discover more of it. thanks for the great download, i'm off to get some headphones
    Many thanks! Yeah, Graduation is the most similar album I can think of to it in terms of raw sound due to the balance of sampling and electrosynths used throughout. I quite liked a few tracks on Paper Trail myself but it doesn't win over Graduation... As I mentioned above though, Jay Z really is one of the best out there and he's one of the most respected artists in the game at the moment for a reason so I wouldn't hesitate to check him out further (Particularly the Black Album and Blueprint 2.0)... There's MANY MANY great artists and producers out there, but unfortunately many are shunned aside out of the limelight by really terrible artists out there (I won't name any right now but there's quite a few lol)

Quote Originally Posted by digit View Post
    http://www.gybo5.com/

Get Your Bootleg On might well be worth a look, has a massive community and now I think has ties with XFM ...
    Thanks, never knew about that site - I'll check it out now! And Last.fm, thanks chaps

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up

i remember your timberland / nelly furtado remix, premiscious girl or however its spelt, just giving this a download, fair play for getting signed though mate!!

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy View Post
    i remember your timberland / nelly furtado remix, premiscious girl or however its spelt, just giving this a download, fair play for getting signed though mate!!
    Haha thanks man! I'm surprised everyone remembers that disc, haha

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line

Pray is awesome

I love Rob D and it's a great mashup!

Was it you who did the promiscuous remix a while ago?

EDIT: Facepalm, just read the post above. Awesome mix
    Last edited by Whiternoise; 24-02-2009 at 05:10 PM.

Thanks

Been giving it a good listen. Roc Boys and Sweet. Sublime. Roc Boys is the most listened to track so far, maybe because I have a soft spot for cool synths, but it is so chill and smooth it's bliss. Sweet is a heavyweight song, in the lyrics the melody and the rythmn, and definitely deserving of the word 'awesome' and definitely one of my favs from the album so far.

Party Life is shuffling it's way into my list of musical masterpieces. I love what you guys have done with the source material, the build-up is so good - very reminiscent of "Barry Bonds" but much more substantial (and ultimately satisfying) .

There's so many good songs it's hard to do them justice: Say Hello, Blue Magic, American Gangster, American Dreaming are all so unique and sound so polished. Each song holds it's own place in the album and adds a new flavour to the mix I just can't get enough of them. (Say Hello is very very listenable.)

Pray and Success are easy crowd pleasers, but I have a few niggles with them. Pray is awesome when you fire it up but the 'Rob Dougan' novelty wears off after a few listens and I found myself wanting a bit more from the song, especially listening to the freshness you bring to 'Clint Mansell' in Party Life. Success again is cool the first time but it starts sounding a bit repetitive after a few listens. I think maybe Success could've featured a bit more going on in the background especially with the depth of Roc Boys still fresh in the mind.

Hello Brooklyn 2.0 is very fresh, dynamic and just generally cool. It sounds more original and innovative than Pray or even, dare I say it, Roc Boys. There's so much going on in the song while still sounding so spacious (not cramped at all), the only thing I would say is that you guys might've been able to go a bit crazier with this song ('Reanimation' style) and really flesh out the sound to the extreme.

No Hook is so cool and smooth. The chorus is addictive (can't stop singing along). Fallin, I Know and Ignorant **** are really good songs too; Ignorant **** is a great nod-along . Intro is a great little number, is it just me or is the intro from 'The Documentry' by The Game a complete rip-off of this one by Jay-Z? I really didn't like 'The Documentry'...

For me, Unreal (you ) and Ghost's mixes had a bit more variety and sounded more original than Nick Crescendo's (his stuff were still very good nonetheless). Nick's stuff seemed to all rely on addictive synths which make them very listenable but Ghost and Unreal seemed to ring with me a bit better despite Crescendo's work being easier to approach. Wow I still can't get over Roc Boys, Sweet and (omg) Party Life. SO epic... (whatever ur vice is... get into ur comfort zone haha )

9. Received thanks from:

unreal (01-03-2009)

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb

Been giving it a good listen. Roc Boys and Sweet. Sublime. Roc Boys is the most listened to track so far, maybe because I have a soft spot for cool synths, but it is so chill and smooth it's bliss. Sweet is a heavyweight song, in the lyrics the melody and the rythmn, and definitely deserving of the word 'awesome' and definitely one of my favs from the album so far.

Party Life is shuffling it's way into my list of musical masterpieces. I love what you guys have done with the source material, the build-up is so good - very reminiscent of "Barry Bonds" but much more substantial (and ultimately satisfying) .

There's so many good songs it's hard to do them justice: Say Hello, Blue Magic, American Gangster, American Dreaming are all so unique and sound so polished. Each song holds it's own place in the album and adds a new flavour to the mix I just can't get enough of them. (Say Hello is very very listenable.)

Pray and Success are easy crowd pleasers, but I have a few niggles with them. Pray is awesome when you fire it up but the 'Rob Dougan' novelty wears off after a few listens and I found myself wanting a bit more from the song, especially listening to the freshness you bring to 'Clint Mansell' in Party Life. Success again is cool the first time but it starts sounding a bit repetitive after a few listens. I think maybe Success could've featured a bit more going on in the background especially with the depth of Roc Boys still fresh in the mind.

Hello Brooklyn 2.0 is very fresh, dynamic and just generally cool. It sounds more original and innovative than Pray or even, dare I say it, Roc Boys. There's so much going on in the song while still sounding so spacious (not cramped at all), the only thing I would say is that you guys might've been able to go a bit crazier with this song ('Reanimation' style) and really flesh out the sound to the extreme.

No Hook is so cool and smooth. The chorus is addictive (can't stop singing along). Fallin, I Know and Ignorant **** are really good songs too; Ignorant **** is a great nod-along . Intro is a great little number, is it just me or is the intro from 'The Documentry' by The Game a complete rip-off of this one by Jay-Z? I really didn't like 'The Documentry'...

For me, Unreal (you ) and Ghost's mixes had a bit more variety and sounded more original than Nick Crescendo's (his stuff were still very good nonetheless). Nick's stuff seemed to all rely on addictive synths which make them very listenable but Ghost and Unreal seemed to ring with me a bit better despite Crescendo's work being easier to approach. Wow I still can't get over Roc Boys, Sweet and (omg) Party Life. SO epic... (whatever ur vice is... get into ur comfort zone haha )
    Whoa thanks for this epicly thorough review of the album Glad to see there's so much positivity. I guess our perfectionist attitude to this album paid off! I think one of Ghosts tracks was made 5 times until he settled on the final one.

I'm glad you were able to identify the wide variation I was trying to showcase in my tracks, from the 80's sounding Roc Boys to the harsh piano ballad of Say Hello... it's my style so I did so, but Nick and Ghost also brought their styles to the table which made the album so well balanced as a whole. Thanks for the very analytical comments though, seriously! It's nice to see you paid attention to the album so well.... Hello Brooklyn was a deffo toughie (my dads favourite track lol!) as it was a track I purely had from imagination and had to race to get onto the drawing boards. But because of the airy/noisy drums, it was really difficult to layer it more and take away the attention (that I wanted) from the drums. But now I look back on it I agree with you, I could have taken some alternative routes to perhaps hype it up slightly more in parts to create even more energy.

I love the track Sweet myself too... its got such simplicity but it's so on point that it works really well. I find Pray always makes me nod the hardest once it drops due to the nice simple but harsh drums. And I find Success reminds me of Final Fantasy music, lol!

Can you identify the sample used in the intro? You may be quite embarrassed of what we indirectly made you listen to with that track! haha

(didn't really like The Documentary myself, just Hate it or Love it and Put You On The Game)

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up

after lisening to it i cant believe you mixed jan hammer - crocketts theme with roc boys! much prefer it to the original! awesome! you deserve a deal with genius like that mate. out of interest, who was it who discovered you then ?

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro

Downloaded..

Flabbergasted!

Art, Photography, stunning remixes.. Is there anything you can't do!?

The world's at your feet chap
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyBoy View Post
    after lisening to it i cant believe you mixed jan hammer - crocketts theme with roc boys! much prefer it to the original! awesome! you deserve a deal with genius like that mate. out of interest, who was it who discovered you then ?
    Many thanks mate! Haha that's not too important right now, especially as the situation is currently in its infancy so is quite complex. Once I'm making those hits though, I'm sure you'll know (lets hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
    Downloaded..

Flabbergasted!

Art, Photography, stunning remixes.. Is there anything you can't do!?

The world's at your feet chap
    Aw thanks fella! Haha I've noticed I only seem to dabble in creative things though LOL
    Last edited by unreal; 01-03-2009 at 07:07 AM.

Thanks

haha is that backstreet boys in the intro? i listen to backstreet boys anyway so u better try harder next time

:Update: American Gangster - so good, just made my favourites list.

For the record: I thought Paper Trail was great but I was saying that even a huge commercial album wasn't as consistent as urs (what the hell was 'You Ain't Missin' Nothing'). Oh and yeah I thought 'Hate it or Love it' was very good along with 'Dreams' and 'Put You on the Game' but everything else was forgettable. Keep up the work dudis I can't wait to pay for ur stuff

Thanks
    • Professor Frink's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 950
      • Memory:
      • 3x2GB Corsair Dominator GT, DDR3 PC3-14900 (1866)
      • Storage:
      • 60GB SSD OCZ Technology Vertex 2E
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC 1GB
      • PSU:
      • 620W Enermax Liberty ELT620AWT
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24 Dell 2408WFP

Can't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Will download and have a listen, thanks.

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb

haha is that backstreet boys in the intro? i listen to backstreet boys anyway so u better try harder next time

:Update: American Gangster - so good, just made my favourites list.

For the record: I thought Paper Trail was great but I was saying that even a huge commercial album wasn't as consistent as urs (what the hell was 'You Ain't Missin' Nothing'). Oh and yeah I thought 'Hate it or Love it' was very good along with 'Dreams' and 'Put You on the Game' but everything else was forgettable. Keep up the work dudis I can't wait to pay for ur stuff
    Haha yeah it is! Grats on spotting it

Many thanks for the kind words man! I think a little of its success in terms of sound is that this was a carefully orchestrated project rather than what typically happens in an album where 40+ tracks are recorded and the best 15 +/- make the final thing. We spent a LONG time designing this thing! And I'll let everyone know if I ever get famous hehe

Thanks

Had to say it for the record: I Know ft Calistylz (Nick Crescendo), INSANE! what a tune. It just *clicked* one morning, the beat, all the different sounds he brings into the mix, I was blown away - definite new fave song on the album. A year on and Roc Boys is still the most listened to song. It's become a regular morning wake up song for all the lads haha. American Gangster, Party Life and Sweet (in no particular order) are all up there. Ignorant **** and Fallin' are really coming into their own too. A year on and still not a sinlge bad song on the album, one of the best albums of 2008 haha. u can congratulate nick crescendo on making an absolutely sick song. thx again dude, and keep me posted on new stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information