Thread: I'm gobsmacked!

handscombmp

I'm gobsmacked!

I was at home today and have been bored so i was flicking through the tv guide and went onto the anytime section (on the sky+ HD box for those that don't know) and happened to see 'The best of my super sweet sixteen'. Now nomrally i don't watch these things in anyway at all but for some reson, i think it was because i was bored, i started to watch it. Within about 1 min i was there with my mouth wide open.
    Theres families here saying 'we think we're fairly normal' when they have a helicopter to get around. Just the whole thing of how spoilt these kids are.
    One kid decided who came to his party by auditions like Xfactor and he turned one down for wearing the 'wrong' clothes and another becuasce he was in the year below!

And then you get onto the presents. One of them was a brand new Mini cooper for someone who was 16! And then they had to take it back becausce it was the wrong colour and model! I'm sorry but if my parents had got me a brand new car for my birthday (and not just a cheap one) i would have been over the moon.

Plus another child got a new Range Rover sport and when she was sat in it she even said 'I deserved this.' From what i'd seen on the program she didn't in anyway.

This does though raise a point i though of was what are they going to do when they get older. I really can't see them working and what they'll do once mummy and daddy pass away. They'll probaly go through the money quickly (some flew to Italy just to chose a dress) and what they'll do after that is beyond me.

Welcome to stampytown! Salazaar's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Salazaar's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asrock B450m Steel Legend
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5 3600
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 5700 XT

Re: I'm gobsmacked!

'Reality' TV hasn't reflected actual reality for years, especially the hollywood variety. Not since they realised that real people were actually quite dull and that filming scripted/heavily edited pieces with a mixture of dumb rich people and actors sold much better.

Don't believe a second of it.
    Last edited by Salazaar; 24-06-2009 at 03:44 PM.
    ____
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thread Information