Thread: People commenting on themselves in Trust

Registered+
    Thanks

Question People commenting on themselves in Trust

Should it be allowed?

I've left a negative comment on someone who has still not provided me with something I paid him for four months ago, and rather than do the gentlemanly thing and take it, as he deserves to, he has turned it into a running argument where he defends himself to the hilt. (Although how anyone can seriously think there is a defence for a four month delay quite simply eludes me...)

I'd be interested in the views of fellow Trust users on this matter.

/To the moderator kindly looking into the matter of the uncompleted deal for me: please don't take this as a sign that I've lost patience with you. I'm not intending on trying to make the matter public here, and I promise I won't go into any detail should this thread be allowed to remain. I just want to know whether people think it's fair or not that people who use Trust can comment on themselves.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks
    This comment is in general and not relating to any specific transaction. Also, this is a personal view only.

Many situations have more than one side. If one person can put one side of a given situation, it onl;y seems reasonable for the recipient of negative comments to be able to put theirs. It is then up to the reader to form an opinion.

If you could not respond, I could put all sorts of negative, and perhaps unjsutified, comments about you and you'd have no easy way to put your side.

So, in general, I'd say, yes, people should be able to comment on their own Trust status.

Thanks
    • Bunjiweb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte UD
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 3.6GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 2950GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 550 Ti OC
      • Case:
      • Alienware 7500
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" HannsG HG281D
      • Internet:
      • Virgin V.I.P. 60mb
    But when there are lots of replies and it has turned into an arguement it deffinatly needs sorting through email and cleaning up.

Ben
    =========
    NOTHING TO BE SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG PLEASE....

:: of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most ::

Registered+
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Saracen
    you could not respond, I could put all sorts of negative, and perhaps unjsutified, comments about you and you'd have no easy way to put your side.
    Some good points, but isn't that when the 'report abusive comment' feature should kick in?

If everyone is allowed to form a defence for a situation so dire that it has lead to someone leaving them a negative comment, not just those who have unjustly received negative comments for unjustifiable reasons, then what weight, if any, does leaving a negative comment actually carry?

I first left this person a negative comment a few days before Trust went down, a little over a quarter of a year after the deal started.

I did not make the decision lightly, but after all that had happened, I finally realized that I was never going to get from him what I had paid for so rather than just continue to listen to his rubbish excuses on those rare occasions I still heard from him, I decided to leave the negative comment for two reasons:

1. He'd screwed me on a deal, and honour demanded he not get away with it.
    2. To help others avoid the sort of hassle and eventual state of having been ripped-off that I'd found myself in.

Going back to your point about people deciding for themselves. Yeah fair enough, but not everyone is smart enough to read between the lines. Although there is no valid excuse for taking three months (now four months) to get a couple of parts of something bought from you to the buyer, the seller could nonetheless through use of wordplay make it seem as though there is/they have done everything possible, to a less thoughtful observer which is just not true or fair.

Thread Information