Thread: Do companies really believe people will put up for stuff like this?

Thanks
    • subucni's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Athlon 64 X2 4800+
      • Memory:
      • 2gb of generic DDR1 rubbish
      • Storage:
      • Nothing special
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512mb ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • CM Storm Scout
      • Operating System:
      • WinXP 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H + 19" Hanns.G Dual setup
      • Internet:
      • 20mb VirginMedia

Angry Do companies really believe people will put up for stuff like this?

Hi, just thought i'd tell you my story because i can't believe companies can try to get away with crap like this and i'm sure i'm not the only one to have experienced this.

I ordered this case on the 04/04/2004, i hoped it would arrive before easter but it didn't. I eventually got it yesterday after having to go to the depot to pick it up as someone hadn't put my address on it correctly. i didnt mind having to do that but when i got it home and had chance to open it, i found out they hadn't sent me the right case, just a variation of the one i ordered.

Both their site and my invoice say i ordered :
    Zorro Midi Tower Black 450W + clear side panel + 3x int fan
    +USB2.0 +Firewire +audio ports ATX

so why did i receive something called "x-black" which had a "x" panel window instead of the one shown in the picture, only a 400W PSU, Just 2 internal fans and NO front Firewire connection (which i specifically wanted as the pc is going to be used for video editing mainly)

Well it was too late for me to call them yesterday after i got home, so i called them this afternoon. I explained the situation that i had been sent the wrong case and gave my account number etc... they asked what case had arrived, i said "x-black" they then tried to tell me that this was the correct case To which i had to politely inform them that i paid for a case with spec on my invoice! which this wasn't! I just can't believe they tried telling me that it was the case i paid for. This just made me wonder if they were doing this to more people and were willing to sell a product as one thing even though the stock they have is a lesser version of it in a hope that when it arrives people wont care or notice? Or then again it could just be that the guy on the other end of the phone, had honestly made a mistake in thinking i'd been sent the right case, and it wasn't until i started quoting my invoice that he realised. But tbh it didnt seem like that to me, just seemed like he backed down once i started quoting what they sold it as and that it was different to what i received.

So now they agreed to replace (can't help wodering if i'd receive the same again?) it if i sent it back or i could get a refund onto my card and just make another order (which they pointed out would be quicker for me)

i opted for the refund option and just have to send this back to them recorded delivery, the thing is i've never had to do this before and could need some advise.

i'm not sure whether to send this back right away or wait to see the refund go onto my card first so that i can make sure they have refunded the original delivery charge too, as this wasn't my fault they sent the wrong thing (i don't think i'm being unfair wanting that refunded too)
    Also i asked them about refunding the cost of sending it back to them and they said that if i sent them the receipt they would refund it, has anyone had to do this before? and whats the best way of going about it? send the receipt with the parcel or in a seperate letter?
    another thing is i take it, i'm best off keeping the sales invoice they sent me for proof?

Any advice from anyone who has been in this situation before would be a great help. thanks

Subucni

Thanks
    Post the item to them, and then keep the postage recipt and anyother information you get. as well as making sure you post it signed delivery so they cant claim they never received it.

Then you will get refund and make sure they pay for postage...get on the phone again.
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    yeah been there done that, the latest company to disappoint me is Nokia, I had to send my phone off and they were encouraging you to use a freepost service, I investigated, if the Royal mail lost my phone I would have got £27 back, its worth £330!! Not only that but the contractor that Nokia use for thier repair damaged my phone, I called Nokia and they said you will have to deal with thier contractor, so they both got letters, I am far from imprssed with this policy of passing the buck.

m@
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    m@ttz you don't fill me with confidence. My local phone repair store sent the headphones for my nokia 3300 back two weeks ago to be replaced by nokia. They haven't returned yet and store is chasing it up for me :S
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    • spazman's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte DS3
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2GB Corsair PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 320gb RAID 0 , 250gb IDE , 160gb IDE, 400bg USB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 7900GX2
      • PSU:
      • 750watt Enermax
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" LCD 19" CRT
      • Internet:
      • Be Unlimited
    Only company to screw me over (to the tune of £300) is overclockers.co.uk, that was when i was like 16 and 300 took me ages to save
    NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PSone, PS2, PSP, PS3 60gb, XBOX, XBOX 360, Master System, Game Gear, Mega Drive, Saturn, Dreamcast, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD

Thread Information