Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: um...help me get angry...

Thanks
    wouldnt it be easyer to ask the shop you got them to replace them with a new pair, save you writing all the letters... legaily its their responsibility *i think*. In this situation I would expect the shop to give you another pair from there stock at the time you take them back, unless there expensive and they dont have any stock of them in the shop. dunno.. me = bike n00b.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah, its what I said to the bike shop. thing is they dont stock these forks. they came with the bike when I bought it...as do lots of the bikes in their store. so I suppose its not beyond them to replace them to be honest. valid point I shall mention this to them.
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Thanks
    • subucni's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Athlon 64 X2 4800+
      • Memory:
      • 2gb of generic DDR1 rubbish
      • Storage:
      • Nothing special
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512mb ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • CM Storm Scout
      • Operating System:
      • WinXP 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H + 19" Hanns.G Dual setup
      • Internet:
      • 20mb VirginMedia
    It's the same as a PS2 i think, once it goes passed 14 days after purchase it has to be dealt with by the manfacturer. After all Evans are a good and respected company themselves, but the only thing they might do would be to give you a pair from themselves if fox agree to replace them but send the replacements to evans. But then it seems like fox's courier service is good so, if they agree to replace them, it doesn't sound like they'd take long to get to you anyway. nice letter by the way, very too the point, and your right a bit about the type of riding you've done isn't needed after removing the section on how far you rode.

later

Thanks
    yeah, just shouldn't happen full stop - unless i'd jumped off a 20 foot high wall of course, but lets think that though a little; if I did would I be here now? no, i'd be in hospital with a shattered palvis thanks to a seat post inserting itsself up my bottom...
    so me and jumping just dont go too well together!
    not too bothered with the fact that their courier service is ok, just that for yet another week I can't use my virtually brand new bike! sucks A big time...
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    you should just get some decent, well built forks to begin with mate, ya wouldnt be doing that to some z150s
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    • subucni's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Athlon 64 X2 4800+
      • Memory:
      • 2gb of generic DDR1 rubbish
      • Storage:
      • Nothing special
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 512mb ATI 4870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • CM Storm Scout
      • Operating System:
      • WinXP 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H + 19" Hanns.G Dual setup
      • Internet:
      • 20mb VirginMedia
    sounds like someone's trying to start a fight, haha. there's nothing wrong with fox dude. for rear shocks anyway.

just kidding.

you could always tell them you use it get too and from work or something, and have had to get taxi's/buses due to the problems, see where that gets you

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    tbh you could still ride the forks to/from work etc, so i doubt that'd get ya very far
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by subucni
    It's the same as a PS2 i think, once it goes passed 14 days after purchase it has to be dealt with by the manfacturer.
    No, this is a common misconception that never seems to go away. When you buy a product from a retailer you have a contract with them, NOT the manufacturer. Really, it should be up to Evans to write this letter to Fox, all shiato storm should have to do is walk in to the Evans shop and say that he'd like a replacement and has every right to expect one. As far as I'm aware there is no actual time frame in law regarding when they have to replace the forks rather than repair them, but I think the guidance says that if they fail in the first 30 days it's reasonable to expect a replacement rather than a repair. After that the shop is within their rights to offer to repair it as long as this doesn't take an excessive amount of time. If it fails a second time within the warranty, again I would expect a replacement rather than a repair. This all assumes that you've not been abusing the product, and that it broke of it's own accord rather than you damaging it, of course. In this case, it does sound like you've just got a duff pair of forks. Ultimately though, it's up to Evans to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Rich :¬)

Thanks
    never the less, a short sharp letter never hurts now does it - especially since the 'repair' they did wasn't that much of a repair.