Thread: a teeny bit o' help...please?

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks

a teeny bit o' help...please?

now, before you start slagging me off for being an unoriginal b*****d I'd just like to say I'm not. there.
    its the G/f's birthday coming up and I want to get her something thats just, well, really nice and thoughtful (no one say condoms or the morning-after...no wait thisis the lady's bit so shouldn't get too much of that).
    I think she's the most fantastic person on the face of the planet and I really couldn't live with out her - she's that great.
    long story short: just after a couple of ideas - was thinking about plane tickets to Alps in summer, still affordable on the net...10 day holiday in parent's flat in chamonix valley (awesome place). partly because I want to go biking out there but also because she really deserves to get away from uk for a bit - stressful living etc., her mum has 14 horses just don't ask (well, 2 of them are her's but the rest aren't) - they eat them out of house and home and her mum basically off-loads stress onto my g/f making her do all the work [cleaning stables etc] when she should be studying to become a Vet. (its the arm length gloves...ah..oops,sorry - side tracked there a bit). not best situation so would be nice for her to have a complete break if you see what I mean.
    Aside from that - a gift or something to give her other than just an envelope...something she can keep, besides memory of cool holiday...
    any clever ideas very welcome!
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

Thanks
    p.s. thanks in advance

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    how about jewelary? or some really nice body stuff - u know like origins, clinque, spaceNK etc.... where the jars would look cool on your bathroom shelve but u cant actually afford to buy them

South Barrule from Cringle Plantation (with a Landy )

Thanks
    oh yeah...? good idea
    my mum has got her some Jo Malone stuff...kind of beats my idea of a Lush bathbomb a bit tho!

Thanks
    I go with Lynni on jewellery (unless she has loads already?) say maybe a chain? Would have said bracelet but if she's mucking out stalls etc a lot then that's not really practical

FWIW I think you are lovely wanting to take her away

Thanks
    Oh just take her away to the alps as you suggested.

Tis beautiful scenery, lovely weather, gorgeous walks/hiking, and of course for you, very cool MBiking country.
    (When I was there last year I hired a bike and it was absolutely amazing, some of it a bit beyond my skills but amazing nonetheless )

But seriously the Alps are lovely at that time of the year and it sounds like a pretty cool gift as long as she doesnt mind being surprised.

The Jelly made me do it! Honoop's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally I think the trip to the Alps is a fantastic idea!

If you dont take her, can I go instead??
    If you're not living on the edge, you take up too much room

Thanks
    um...
    !

well i can get us both there for £150 total on BA, good deal or what. just had a word and she's 'checking the diary'...she's at uni in bristol and i'm in london at the mo' so I can't see what she has on. she mentioned something about a friends birthday, arse. was just about to go ahead and say "We're going to the alps"...and no questions asked once tickets bought. hmm...well, she has the dates when we can go so if she's not quick about it it could be mighty tricky!! prices going up only!!! me = not richest bloke around...
    "have bike, will ride", can't be that far, can it?
    can it?

so, jewellry y'say? how many carrots you reckon? a bag or two?
    Last edited by shiato storm; 25-05-2004 at 12:59 AM.