• Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Arrrrgh - lloyds TSB !!!!

Hmmm I think lloyds tsb are slowly getting worse and worse.

3 weeks ago my bank card was refused at a cashpoint in blackpool. It asked me for my pin 3 times - which I duely and carefully entered ( same as my alarm and mobile pin ) my card was refused and locked.

I phoned my branch - direct accounts and requested a new pin number.

TODAY is the 3rd week of waiting, I have just rang them to see what the bloody hell is going on to be asked a few security questions and then once I answered these I got told I had to go to a local branch for a pin code request.

To top it off - I've been waiting 8 bloody weeks for a login for the shareview website so I can sell my shares to fund the installation of central heating. After recieving the confirmation email from them I've patiently waited for the forms to arrive with my web login. I've just rang them and gave them my information to be told that they cannot find me via POSTAL CODE or name or employee address and they want me to ring in with a 16 digit code now from the back of my share forms at home.

Talk about a joke - can someone please recommend a bank that is at least 1/2 useable and actally gives their customers the information they require when they NEED it and within a reasonable time.

Please help before I go to my local lloyds and spray the place with liquid cow manure

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Have found the natwest to be both speedy and reliable in the 5 years I have banked with them, customer service is excellent - allways time for an advisor to see you should it be required and they also mail things when they say they will.

Really wouldnt put up with the service you are getting
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Thanks
    HSBC have been fine with me

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    bloody high street banks...take your money left right and centre. its utterly idiotic for a system to charge you for sending you a letter to tell you about an over-draft [as many of my friends are students this happens all too often] , thus incuring more debt and then they send out another letter so on and so forth or they've performed other 'services' they've taken the liberty to add whilst you weren't looking...takes the p*ss really. never bank with those types of places unless you want to get fleeced!
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    I had similar crappy issues with the natwest about a year ago, moved to the Halifax and i've had several things go wrong, all of which have been sorted with so little fuss that i'm incredibly happy with them. Card got ate by an ATM, i had a replacement card in 3 days. Internet banking login went FUBAR and had this sorted out over the phone in 10 minutes, straight through to an advisor it was excellent.

Although it all depends on the people to be honest. If you are lucky enough to speak to people with a brain then you're going to get further than someone without a brain

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

^-- I'm with stupid --^
    Thanks
    19 years with NATWEST from birth...don't ever think i've had a problem with them and when i get the confidence i will be taking myself online with them to:

Once you have a good one, stick with it.
    tom@meangasoline.co.uk | RIP Zoltan

Canon 350d | 50 F/1.8 Mk II | 70-200 F/4 L | 1Gb Sandisk Ultra III

MAS
    When I say rice...
    Thanks
    For service, HSBC = teh winnar.

I have a Lloyds account too and I've always found their service very average.

only the finest beef
    Thanks
    I just got a card from Lloyds - before, I've always had my present and future cards over lap in validity (so if the new one arrives halfway through the month I can strat using it straight away and throw the old one away).

Not Lloyds - Go to cash machine; "sorry card not valid"

wtf?? but it's a new card - valid from june 04 (ok I know it's ok now - but the principle of the matter's still there)

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    I know my rents left Lloyds some time ago as they were severely un-impressed with the service, they've been with hsbc since as have I and they've always been great.

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants
    Well, from what I've seen from working here it is cr*p... but they're trying harder to get things sorted....apparently I would never bank with them that's for sure. I've just seen the new designs for a "rebrand", ti's cack.

I've been with natwest for about 14 years. Never had a problem, online banking is efficient and useable, bank staff always happy to help. I'd go there... Student finance package is excellent too.

Thanks
    I couldn't recommend Natwest to anyone.
    All money lending is handled off branch, which means you spend hours telling someone from your local branch the reason why you need a loan/overdraft and the reasons that you can afford it to only to have it refused after three days because some tit at the lending office doesn't get all the paper work. Repeat this three times so it takes over a month by which time because youve had to put a few things on hold and the debt is worse.
    They will also screw you over at the first chance they get - chraging over 30% for an overdraft extention for 2 1/2 months and quiet happily letting your debt spiral almost till it's impossible to pay it back.
    And this isn't me it's someone who had been banking with them for over 30 years, and never missed a payment.

I couldn't recommend Barcleys because they rip everyone off with there credit card and stiffed me by giving me a full student accout and then taking it away after 3 months even though it was there mistake not mine.

I'm with HSBC and they have been more understanding and more importantly more willing to listen and they seem to actually want to help if you have problems.

Thread Information