Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beware of buying HDDs from eBuyer

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Beware of buying HDDs from eBuyer

Quote Originally Posted by b0redom View Post
    I had to RMA a WD Green drive a few weeks ago. I did it all online, iirc the replacement was shipped (in advance) from somewhere in Europe. I had to return the drive to their offices in Swindon. Might be worth trying to get into contact with them directly and see what they say?
    I'd second that. After a recent issue I did the same and got a good response

Thanks
    • miniyazz's system
      • CPU:
      • Acer Aspire 8920G
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Optoma HD700X projector @ c. 90"
      • Internet:
      • Really, really ****

Re: Beware of buying HDDs from eBuyer

Good news guys

After spending 45 mins + on the phone to them today they've agreed to replace the drive
    I eventually got through to a supervisor who told me that all their OEM drives had a 1 year warranty and that I should have read the documentation when I bought the drive. I told her that WD's site say OEM drives have a 2 year warranty as long as they're not sold as a system, that I didn't have any documentation saying there was a 1 year warranty and that most of the OEM drives on the site had a 3 or 5 year warranty and the rest had no mention. I then asked her to show me where it said one of the other OEM drives had a 1 year warranty and she took me to the T&Cs and then put me on hold for 15mins when she couldn't find anything about a 1 year warranty there.
    Eventually she came back from speaking with Returns and gave me an RMA number

Thanks for all the advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information