Thread: Holiday for parents for 50th bday.

Thanks

Holiday for parents for 50th bday.

Hi guys.

In July it is my mum's 50th bday, and in December it is my Dad's 50th. My sister and I were hoping to send them to somewhere in Europe for about £300 for a weekend or 3/4 days. This is for flights, and hotel.

We were looking at Berlin, Venice, Vienna primarily.

We have been looking at www.expedia.co.uk and they seem to have some quite good stuff going.

Anyone know anywhere else that is good to get cheap breaks from? Or anywhere else that is nice to go to.

Thanks
    Will.
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thanks
    Amsterdam

Tumble's Rear Gunner
    Thanks
    we had a bad experience with Ryanair to go to dublin, dont fly with them

Ive heard Prague is nice, its cheap and loads of stuff to do....

South Barrule from Cringle Plantation (with a Landy )

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants
    ^ Ditto on prague... I want to go there at some point, its supposed to be really romantic!

Thanks
    They have been to Amsterdam before...didnt bring back any treats for me though :evil:

Just checking out stuff on Prague.

Think it is cheaper to by the hotel and flights separatly?
    Cheers.
    Will.

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    prague is very nice and very cheap - i went there with some mates a few months ago

there were loads of decent hotels available via the intarweb & flights were cheap with BMI baby, although it seems to be slowly taking over dublin as the stag/hen party capital of europe, so it would be advisable (if possible) to get a flight thats early in the day. the flight we went on was late in the evening & the stag party who were on board were hammered by this point - being equally as hammered myself this didn't bother me but i can imagine it could bother 50 year olds

we booked separate filghts / accomodation, but i wasn't the person sorting accomodation so don't have any specific info....i'll ask my lady when she gets home but i do remember saying "*** me thats cheap" when asked for my contribution towards the bill

there are literally 1000's of bars/resteraunts in the centre of prague, they obviously don't like to go hungry/thisrty & all those we visited (which were a few!) were very cheap - not much range to the menu in most places but usually enough that most people could find something suitable. all the food we tried was lovely (including the goats hoof)

there are also a fair few shops - if you've ever ben to liverpool or cardiff, the "shopping" part of the city is approximately this sort of size (sorry, i've not been to anywhere closer to you to compare with)

there's a lot of interesting buildings / architecture in prague, i personally found their communist museum fascinating, considering they were part of the eastern bloc until the late 1980s, but then that sort of thing interests me

also worth mentioning - i found out from a work colleague who worked there for a few years that most (if not all) the cab drivers have some link with the russian mafia & unless you agree a price beforehand they'll take you to the cleaners....i was only told this once i'd returned but fortunately i often tend to chance my arm at haggling with cabbies, so got away with that!

depending on how long you were thinking of booking for them, Vienna isn't that far away by train & could easily be done for an overnight stop if they really want to visit there
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    We were looking at the end of October for a weekend break. 27th - 30th October. Managed to find a 4 star hotel (Hotel Pyramida), which is 2 miles from the jewish quarter, and 1 mile from the castle. Sounded pretty good to me.

Including flights this came to £315 which i thought sounded rather good.

I also looked at a couple of places in Rome that seemed nice effort, flights are a bit poor though, afternoon out, and morning back only really gives them 1 day in the city.

Think this Prague one is the one we are going for, as neither have been there

Cheers for the help guys.
    Will.

Thread Information