Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MSI update nasty people

Thanks

MSI update nasty people

They are now suggesting that my Laptop was sold second hand, this is false as i paid the retail price and was assured that it was brand new. MSI trying to get away from selling a substandard laptop.
    Looks like i have no choice but to go to trading standards and court.

Thanks
    • finlay666's system
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6950 2gb
      • Case:
      • Fractal R3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • U2713HM and V222H
      • Internet:
      • cable

Re: MSI update nasty people

I really don't get why you are going after the manufacturer and not the retailer, especially if they are implying you bought it second hand
    H3XU5 Social FAQ
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerai View Post
    I do like a bit of hot crumpet

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finlay666 View Post
    I really don't get why you are going after the manufacturer and not the retailer, especially if they are implying you bought it second hand
    The laptop was sent to msi for repairs it came back damaged in worse condition, so retailer is out of the loop on this one.

Thanks
    • BobF64's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Multiple HDD and SSD drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-06G
      • PSU:
      • 750W Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP ZR24w

Quote Originally Posted by petercook7 View Post
    The laptop was sent to msi for repairs it came back damaged in worse condition, so retailer is out of the loop on this one.
    I fail to see why MSI has even brought up second hand, sounds like they damaged it and are trying to avoid compensating you for their poor work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BobF64 View Post
    I fail to see why MSI has even brought up second hand, sounds like they damaged it and are trying to avoid compensating you for their poor work.
    They did look at the msi post last year, the laptop even had the protective stickers on it after having the laptop for 5 months, they damaged it and do not want to hold responsibility, and refund the value of the laptop and costs associated with it.
    They are digging bigger holes with the replies they are sending, trying to get out with it at every turn.
    After this experience i will never buy MSI products, and will be looking to terminate any agreements my department has with any MSI products, i'll be putting them on a black list of products.

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

You still opted out of dealing with the vendor, which is the standard practice, opting for a company which isn't based in the UK and are now complaining that this company isn't easy to deal with.

Sure data maintance errors happen, but if the retailer failed to log with MSI the sale to you, or had it miss filed as someone else, then you can't blame MSI for this.

As such isn't it just a simple matter of emailing/faxing the proof of purchase?

If you walk down a path that isn't often trod, your going to have problems. You opted not to go via the normal route, you need patience and perseverance. Whining on about it here will not help.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Did you buy it on a credit card?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dave87 View Post
    Did you buy it on a credit card?
    yes, however the CC company will not pay any additional costs that i had to pay.

Thanks
    • dave87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus
      • CPU:
      • i5 3470k under Corsair H80 WC
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 240gb SSD + 120gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD7950
      • PSU:
      • XFX 600w Modular
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-A05FNB + Acoustipack
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x Dell S2309W (1920x1080)
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity Option 2

Claim the principal amount from your Credit Card Company, and simply reclaim the additional amount from MSI.

Unless you've run up thousands in costs (unlikely) then something is better than nothing. Credit Card Company will probably seek to recover the amount from MSI/The Retailer anyway - and they tend to be better at it.

N.B. Credit Card companies are Jointly & Severally liable under the CCA (providing the requisite conditions are satisfied), so you can choose who you sue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    You still opted out of dealing with the vendor, which is the standard practice, opting for a company which isn't based in the UK and are now complaining that this company isn't easy to deal with.

Sure data maintance errors happen, but if the retailer failed to log with MSI the sale to you, or had it miss filed as someone else, then you can't blame MSI for this.

As such isn't it just a simple matter of emailing/faxing the proof of purchase?

If you walk down a path that isn't often trod, your going to have problems. You opted not to go via the normal route, you need patience and perseverance. Whining on about it here will not help.
    It was in there hands when they damaged it, so retailer will not take responsibility, they have MSI uk office. it became a contract between me and msi when they accepted it for repair.
    It has shown me the type of company they really are, each time they tell me a different thing and now they are telling me it was 2nd hand, its a disgrace.
    When you apply for RMA they ask you for serial and receipt which i did, they then agreed, to pick it up.
    I'm pointing out when a company breaks your goods they'll try there best to get out of it, i wouldn't recommend MSI to anyone.
    After i send off the official sales of goods letter i've had large amounts of spam, strange timing maybe, i've spoken to a 2 others that has issues with MSI and the common issue they are rude, and don't take blame, they both gave up, but I will not.
    Last edited by petercook7; 13-03-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks

Claim the principal amount from your Credit Card Company, and simply reclaim the additional amount from MSI.

Unless you've run up thousands in costs (unlikely) then something is better than nothing. Credit Card Company will probably seek to recover the amount from MSI/The Retailer anyway - and they tend to be better at it.

N.B. Credit Card companies are Jointly & Severally liable under the CCA (providing the requisite conditions are satisfied), so you can choose who you sue.
    Once this is over i'll post the letter they sent, and you judge it, you'll come to the same conclusion as i have, at the moment i can only post limited information.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus View Post
    You still opted out of dealing with the vendor, which is the standard practice....
    Annoyingly, it seems like retailers are ignoring this responsibility lately and / or are aiming for the situation the OP is in where they could (potentially - not sure?) decline to deal with the end user due to going to the manufacturer.

A couple of years back I got into a big argument with Toys R Us over a faulty PSP. It was barely a few months old and the speaker / headphone port was playing up.
    They flat out refused to deal with it, insisting that I must go directly to Sony who were quoting up to a month for a repair.

It didn't matter that I provided them with the regulations, their manager wasn't interested. He also claimed to phone head office / regional (too long, can't remember which) who also agreed with him.

I contacted trading standards over it in the end, who said it was a low priority issue and that I'd be waiting a while.

I sent it off to Sony at my expensive in the end.

The laws may be there, but enforcing them takes a lot of time and frustration in my experience
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • GoNz0's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i7 something X99 based
      • Memory:
      • 16gb GSkill
      • Storage:
      • 4 SSD's + WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX980 Strix WC
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Galaxy 1250 (9 years and counting)
      • Case:
      • Corsair 900D
      • Operating System:
      • win10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 24"
      • Internet:
      • 220mb Cable

it still amazes me when customers moan about the epson warranty being direct when i show up the next day to resolve the situation without them getting off there arse until they hear me knock on the door.

i hope the OP gets this sorted.

did you pay via credit card ?

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack
    off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Thanks
    • jetfire's system
      • Motherboard:
      • tyan s7010
      • CPU:
      • 2x E55230 2.4GHz quad
      • Memory:
      • 24gb ddr3 1333mhz
      • Storage:
      • 2tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ati hd5850+hd4350
      • PSU:
      • 1200w be quiet dark power pro nuclear power plant
      • Case:
      • custom built
      • Operating System:
      • win 7 ultimate 64bit/32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 24inc dell e248wfps 1 hp zr24w 37inc sharp aquos tv
      • Internet:
      • 20mbps virgin ubiquiti unifi wifi 300mbps netgear gs724t

my sister has a laptop from brighthouse and she needed it fixing as some of the keys were broken and as she is paying for cover for it said to take it in to the local store and they will send it of to be fixed.

that was on the 5th of January this year.

now she has paid more than 700 quid for this thing and now bright house rings up and says they are going to hold the laptop until she can prove she can pay for it and the account for the tablet is paid up to date.

then she gets told that was wrong and if she pays up the tab she can have the laptop back, she pays up the tab and still no laptop as she was told it was in the shop but now its back at there service place??

not sure why they have to fix it as its still under warranty from acer?

she now gets told she has to pay in full the rest she owes to get the laptop back which is 270 quid.

so she sells her new iphone and goes to bright house with all the cash to get it back and guess what its not been delivered again and is on its way.

she had 2 phone calls from them yesterday and said it would be there later today on the answer machine so she rings the store manager back at 4pm and said it will be delivered today.

so she said to him its 4pm you aint getting anything delivered today are you, o sorry it will be here Tuesday.

not even got a phone call from them today and as the last one she had went back was stolen are just messing her about now so are going to get it.

trading standards are now dealing with it as they have in my book nicked her bloody laptop and demanding full payment for it and even when offered it still no laptop.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GoNz0 View Post
    it still amazes me when customers moan about the epson warranty being direct when i show up the next day to resolve the situation without them getting off there arse until they hear me knock on the door.

i hope the OP gets this sorted.

did you pay via credit card ?
    Yes, however the letter they sent was disgusting, rude, now on principle among the right to get it fix they will meet me, and it is going to cost them. Something so simple that could have been avoided, i've given them 10 months to solve the problem and they haven't, they lied etc....

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

It's hard to see clearly what's going on as Peter (for obvious reasons) is limited in what he can say, but the credit card company are only liable over the original contract, and even then, only for what the other party to it would be liable for.

From what he says, it seems that Peter sent the laptop to the manufacturer not the retailer,. and that original contract was with the retailer. If the retailer aren't liable as it's gone back to MSI, then my bet is the credit card company aren't joint and severally liable either. The certainly aren't liable for any event that happens to the laptop, only things the seller is jointly liable for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information