Thread: Random Thread - " It never happened before till you did it right now "

Banned
    Thanks

Random Thread - " It never happened before till you did it right now "

What random - or unrandom or random thing do you , or did you not do today ?

Me First : I was rude to a sales person on the phone and asked if them if they really wanted to waste their life doing this today ?

And now Im going to smoke my 3rd cigarette ( cherry kretek ) in as many years - a bad habit but it improves my memory..... and mood - a very rare treat for me indeed .
    Last edited by melon; 09-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks

Re: Random Thread - " It never happened before till you did it right now "

I rolled a seven on a six-sided die.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Account closed at user request
    Thanks
    • wasabi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B85M-G43
      • CPU:
      • i3-4130
      • Memory:
      • 8 gig DDR3 Crucial Rendition 1333 - cheap!
      • Storage:
      • 128 gig Agility 3, 240GB Corsair Force 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 750Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silver Power SP-S460FL
      • Case:
      • Lian Li T60 testbanch
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • First F301GD Live
      • Internet:
      • Virgin cable 100 meg

Fitted a srubbishrubbishrubbishrubbishy new fork brace on my motorbike. Never had one before. And in doing so discovered a very important bolt that holds the front wheel on was verrrry loose. Gulp! I'd blame the mechanic who did the service but I trust him - he slavishly follows manufacturer torque figures. If i put bolts in myself, they're tight.

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

I called TalkTalk this morning as we are getting shot of Sky due to it being to expensive and there is going to be a price increase in September.

The sales woman on the phone couldn't answer yes or no to whether they would or could supply Fibre Broadband even though it is available through every other company in our area. So she put a supervisor on who told us we had to sign up to ADSL then upgrade to Fibre - YOU WHAT!!!!?

The the sales woman started asking about my setup so told her how I have things set up and she actually started being clever and argumentative with me over the phone saying that an engineer would have to set everything up, so my answer was no, I will set it up so not to mess all my streaming and everything else up. She kept going so I hung the phone up.

Then 5 minutes later she called back saying we must have been disconnected so I stated that I am a potential new customer and you have the audacity to argue with me over the phone about my setup (At this point she was trying to speak but I wouldn't let her get a word in edge ways!!! ), then I simply said that I would call back later and speak to someone else.

At which point I called BT and went with them instead.

I should imagine that someone different from TalkTalk will probably call back again in the next 24 hours or so trying to get my business but I will simply rub it in their faces that I went with a different provider due to their attitude and not actually supplying or knowing what is available to me.

Rant over!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post
    I called TalkTalk this morning as we are getting shot of Sky due to it being to expensive and there is going to be a price increase in September.

The sales woman on the phone couldn't answer yes or no to whether they would or could supply Fibre Broadband even though it is available through every other company in our area. So she put a supervisor on who told us we had to sign up to ADSL then upgrade to Fibre - YOU WHAT!!!!?

The the sales woman started asking about my setup so told her how I have things set up and she actually started being clever and argumentative with me over the phone saying that an engineer would have to set everything up, so my answer was no, I will set it up so not to mess all my streaming and everything else up. She kept going so I hung the phone up.

Then 5 minutes later she called back saying we must have been disconnected so I stated that I am a potential new customer and you have the audacity to argue with me over the phone about my setup (At this point she was trying to speak but I wouldn't let her get a word in edge ways!!! ), then I simply said that I would call back later and speak to someone else.

I should imagine that someone different from TalkTalk will probably call back again in the next 24 hours or so trying to get my business but I will simply rub it in their faces that I went with a different provider due to their attitude and not actually supplying or knowing what is available to me.

Rant over!!!
    hehe Talk Talk are terrible , they got the most pretentious lippy reps Ive heard from any company as well.

Thanks
    • fazer's system
      • Motherboard:
      • EVGA 750i FTW
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
      • Memory:
      • 4gig OCZ
      • Storage:
      • Raid0 500gig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce 295GTX
      • PSU:
      • Thermaltake 850w
      • Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Waiting for 120hz :P
      • Internet:
      • 8meg

Quote Originally Posted by Ferral View Post

Rant over!!!
    You need to Copy and paste this over at the Talk Talk forums to rub it in even further
    You're a good example of why some animals eat their young

Thanks
    • Macadee's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero
      • CPU:
      • Haswell 4770K @ 4.7Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Samsung Green @ 2133Mhz
      • Storage:
      • Intel 520 120GB, Samsung 840 250GB, WD Caviar Black 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Tri-Fire 7990 / 7970
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova 1300-G2
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-75
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2713HM
      • Internet:
      • VM

Replaced the carburetor on my lawnmower.

Thanks

Had a party for my daughters 5th birthday, was there with current girlfriend, saw my ex (long story) who was with my current girlfriends brother..the exs er...step brother, very random and i was walking around with face paint on o.O
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Teelzebub's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus maximus V Extreme
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16g Corsair Vengeance 1600
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 250gb SSD + Seagate 500gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 4 X EVGA GTX670 Quad SLI
      • PSU:
      • Enermax 1250w
      • Case:
      • Mountain Mods
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 home premium 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 X Dell 27"

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrell View Post

I should imagine that someone different from Talk Talk will probably call back again in the next 24 hours or so trying to get my business but I will simply rub it in their faces that I went with a different provider due to their attitude and not actually supplying or knowing what is available to me.

Rant over!!!
    I've had TalkTalk come round my house loads of time offering 50mg and fibre etc they don't have a clue there isn't any fibre anywhere here and as for 50mg lol no chance the max is 13mg. They just lie to get your money, Mind I had BT call me and tell me the could give me the fastest speed any IP could give "A blistering speed of two mg" So I asked why not faster and he says that the fastest speed my line would support I replied that's weird cos I'm with plusnet and I'm getting a constant 13mg lol

You would think bt would be the best speed as it's their line tbh BT are almost as bad as TalkTalk

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Teelzebub View Post
    I've had TalkTalk come round my house loads of time offering 50mg and fibre etc they don't have a clue there isn't any fibre anywhere here and as for 50mg lol no chance the max is 13mg. They just lie to get your money, Mind I had BT call me and tell me the could give me the fastest speed any IP could give "A blistering speed of two mg" So I asked why not faster and he says that the fastest speed my line would support I replied that's weird cos I'm with plusnet and I'm getting a constant 13mg lol

You would think bt would be the best speed as it's their line tbh BT are almost as bad as TalkTalk
    yeah you would , BT are always after me along with BEEPers TT .. Prob have saved 50 trees with the circular spamming mail they keep sending me and jamming my door

Remind me of these Chinese farmers in MMORPGS.....

Gold for blah blah
    Wood for blah blah
    Armour for blah blah
    Gold , Wood and Armour for blah blah and a free exp with a happy ending ( but it isnt ) for free
    Last edited by melon; 09-06-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Thanks
    • Kovoet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG crosshair Hero VIII x 2
      • CPU:
      • AMD 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Viper 3733mhz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 980 pro 500GB Samsung 850 512GB,Samsung 860 1TB SSD & 950 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte RTX3070Ti, EVGA RTX 3060Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200i, RMX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 680x
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus Tuf VG32VQ1B
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Virgin

TalkTalk have been voted the worst provider how many years now and they wonder why.
    JABULANI NONKE

Thanks
    • Ferral's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Z97-P
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4790K Haswell
      • Memory:
      • 12Gb Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Kingston SSD & 2 Tb Toshiba
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon R9 380 Nitro 4Gb
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750 Watt Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Focus G Mid Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" iiyama Prolite 4K
      • Internet:
      • 80Mb BT Fiber

If I just wanted broadband I would have went with either Zen or Plusnet.

Thing is though I want Discovery Channel, Gold, FOX & History channels which aren't available on standard Freeview and BT or Talk Talk are the only ones that do it outside of Sky in my area as Virgin isn't available. So it was the TV as well as the other services I was after. Mind you I have saved £23 per month now going with BT over Sky which is something!

On Sky with their Fiber we have been paying £20 just for the broadband (Doesn't include line rental) and lucky to get 22Mb out of it occasionally pushing up to around 30Mb for short periods when we are supposed to be getting 40Mb. With BT we are getting the maximum speed available which will be around 72Mb give or take (usual stuff with speed, sometimes lower or higher) and its going to be £26 per month which is a much better deal and the network itself is BT's own.

Thanks
    • BobF64's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7-3770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800
      • Storage:
      • Multiple HDD and SSD drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS DUAL-GTX1060-06G
      • PSU:
      • 750W Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT02
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP ZR24w

I fend off TalkTalk very easily, "sorry, youre Talk Talk, good bye".

Thread Information