Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Hexus OFFICIAL 2015 General Election results thread

Thanks

Re: Hexus OFFICIAL 2015 General Election results thread

Quote Originally Posted by opel80uk View Post
    Because the Government sets the parameters as to how education should be delivered, and included in those parameters is the right for Union to strike. How can a Union be sued for doing something they are legally entitled to? if that were the case, you'd have every commuter taking the RMT to court everytime there was a tube strike. And like I said, if your son genuinely feels those strikes are critically affecting his education, rather than using money to sue, he may be better off putting towards extra tuition. How many days has he lost to strikes over the last year, just out of interest?
    Its not the government which is disrupting his education - which by law he is entitled to , its unions making demands outside of his legal right to education. They are then disrupting his legal right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    As to your sons comment. First off, tell him to suck it up and be a man

no that's bullying of a child since he is by 15. which by definition makes you a child abuser by your own comments.

Thanks
    • ik9000's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7H55-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • i7-870, Prolimatech Megahalems, 2x Akasa Apache 120mm
      • Memory:
      • 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 11-11-11-27
      • Storage:
      • 2x256GB Samsung 840-Pro, 1TB Seagate 7200.12, 1TB Seagate ES.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB SuperOverClocked
      • PSU:
      • NZXT Hale 90 750w
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Survivor + Bitfenix spectre LED fans, LG BluRay R/W optical drive
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2414h, U2311h 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • 200Mb/s Fibre and 4G wifi

Quote Originally Posted by HalloweenJack View Post
    no that's bullying of a child since he is by 15. which by definition makes you a child abuser by your own comments.
    Telling your son to man-up is hardly bullying. WTF is wrong with people these days? It's like those people who thought that mom giving her rioting teenage son a thick ear was "abuse". Seriously?

4. Received thanks from:

crossy (15-05-2015),Jowsey (15-05-2015),Noxvayl (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by ik9000 View Post
    according to the employee cited in article the company is quote "making 1billion in profit". that may be exaggeration on that individual's part, but he was arguing it was unfair to crop pay when profits were high. if profits are high then they can afford to pay for overtime or a few more drivers as necessary. also it can't be as simple as due to sickness as the train arrived into Victoria it then didn't go anywhere and was towed to a siding. someone drove it to the station - a driver clearly was there. Instead of driving it to a siding why not drive it on its intended route? We all waited for 10 minutes on the train that got cancelled, and then stood for another 15 on a different platform after we were turfed off. Having stood in front of that locked train we were told it was not going to run either. What's the point in that?
    Thanks for explaining that. Maybe the employee had a point - but I'm going to agree with you that instead of lining their own pockets maybe the RMT should have been pushing for "their" slice of the profits to go into more staff. Obviously can't comment on the non-moving train - maybe the driver who put it their had done the maximum amount of hours that he (or she) was allowed to?

As usual in life (so it seems to me) the only ones with "simple solutions" are the politicians - real life is invariably more complex.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Thanks
    • crossy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Sabertooth X99
      • CPU:
      • Intel 5830k / Noctua NH-D15
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 850Pro NVMe, 1TB Samsung 850EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 2TB WD Green, 8TB Seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Strix GTX970OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX750 (modular)
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster HAF932 (with wheels)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Ubuntu 16.04LTS
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG Flattron W2361V
      • Internet:
      • VirginMedia 200Mb

Quote Originally Posted by crossy
    As to your sons comment. First off, tell him to suck it up and be a man
    Firstly, because child abuse is a crime in this country (rightly so imho) what you have said is libellous and I expect a full and swift retraction and apology. (link added so you can see for yourself why I'm peeved)

Secondly, if you actually READ what I said, firstly you would have noted my use of humorous language wrt to your offspring. If you have no sense of humour then - with respect - that's your problem, and I've got enough of my own thank you very much.

Thirdly, again if you stop frothing at the mouth and read what I said, you'd note that I suggested that you speak to the kid. Can someone be an abuser-by-proxy? I think not. And actually if you're convinced of the "abuse" then that would make your good self the abuser, not I. I'd hope that this would illustrate the fundamental flaw in your "argument". Sadly there's enough genuine child abuse going on for me to have much sympathy for the kind of wishy-washy "oh you caused the little darling mental harm" that being told to "suck it up" would constitute.

I'd also suggest that perhaps reading the Hexus forum T&C's would be a good idea at this point. And if that is too onerous then a relaxing walk for yourself would seem to be warranted - I'm quite aware that people have "days from hell" and those are inclined to make one snap at inopportune moments. I'm generous enough to assume for the moment that perhaps you had "one of those days" - in which case just confirm that and all's well.

Career status: still enjoying my new career in DevOps, but it's keeping me busy...

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crossy View Post
    Firstly, because child abuse is a crime in this country (rightly so imho) what you have said is libellous and I expect a full and swift retraction and apology. ....

I'd also suggest that perhaps reading the Hexus forum T&C's would be a good idea at this point. ....
    So would I.

Thanks
    • opel80uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770-UD3 revision 2
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II X4 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4gb PC2-8500
      • Storage:
      • Samsung F1 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI ATI Radeon HD 6950 Twin FrozR II OC 2048MB
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX450W 450w
      • Case:
      • Antec 300
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 10Mb

Its not the government which is disrupting his education - which by law he is entitled to , its unions making demands outside of his legal right to education. They are then disrupting his legal right.
    I am almost certain that Unions are protected in law from civil action, individually and collectively, as result of legally held strikes. So I think suing would probably be a waste of time.

But just out of interest, as I've been out the UK for a few years now, how many days has your son lost to Teachers going out on strike over the last year? I would be genuinely interested to know.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread Information