Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Farage to Launch Brexit Party Today

Thanks

Re: Farage to Launch Brexit Party Today

Hey, it's not me being accused of abusing my mod powers. How'd that happen?

Oh ... wait ....

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen999 View Post
    Hey, it's not me being accused of abusing my mod powers. How'd that happen?

Oh ... wait ....
    No - surprisingly, but as you know its an occasional response when we do something someone doesn't like...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    No - surprisingly, but as you know its an occasional response when we do something someone doesn't like...
    Indeed.

blueball

"Saracen999 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

Thanks for the message mate!

Thanks

I keep forgetting, I no longer havethe MUCH larger admin settings in my PMs. Or, if that happens, go in and increase the size until I can have a clear-out. I'll clear it but not tonight, and I'm out most of 2moro too.

6. Received thanks from:

Thanks

These days, far right organisations portray themselves as non-racist and respectable when really they have racist intentions and not exactly respectable.

Considering the fine margin between the Brexiters and Remainers, could the Brexiters have won the referendum without the help from the more racist elements of our society? Probably not.

The reality is, Brexiters didn't won because they had the better argument, they just had more racists, who couldn't care less about the Remainers' argument, supporting them to take them over the finishing line.

Now, I'm not saying all Brexiters are racist. However, it is fair to say they drew a great deal of support from the least intellectual members of society who probably didn't have the tools to understand the finer points of the referendum.

The failure of Brexit is not winning the heart and mind from the more intellectual members of our society. Instead they exploited groups of people who couldn't make a rational holistic decision.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Top_gun View Post

Now, I'm not saying all Brexiters are racist. However, it is fair to say they drew a great deal of support from the least intellectual members of society who probably didn't have the tools to understand the finer points of the referendum.

But all Remainers were intellectually superior and did fully understand all the finer points, I presume?

Sorry, but I though we had what was supposed to be a democracy, operating on one-person, one-vote, not some meritocracy where you had to demonstrate some arbitrary level of understanding of the issue. And if that meritocratic logic applies to the referendum, prssumably it applies to general ekections too, and now we have to demonstrate that we have a sound grasp of policing, education policy, taxation and national finance, international trade, defence and so on, ad-infinitum?

It's probably the biggest single weakness of democracy that bright, well-educated, experienced and discerning people get the same one vote as the village idiot, even if he thinks he's ordering a burger when he purs his cross ob the ballot paper.

Thing is, for all the obvious drawbacks, nobody has yet come up with a better method than equal voting rights for all eligible people, regardless of efucation or IQ.

And if we're going to have some qualifying level of understanding, who gets to determine who qualifies You? Me? And how? Exam? Good luck with that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information