Thread: Parcel that I misaddressed

Thanks

Parcel that I misaddressed

Quick question, I misaddressed a parcel that was going via Landmark (through Hermes/parcel2go) & then UPS, UPS have turned it back around to Landmark after it seems to me not much effort to correct the address. It's due back with Landmark tomorrow so still in transit in the US.

Have contacted Parcel2Go who say they are going to pass on the correct details, not sure at which stage this would still be workable, has anyone had any experience of this actually coming off in practice? Or do I accept it's probably coming all the way back to me.

If so, do I have any case for complaining that someone should have tried harder to redirect, given that the recipient's address is easily findable?

I've done all I can on my side I think, too late for me to intercept with UPS, & don't know if it's possible for the customer to do anything from their end - if anyone has past experience would all be welcome info. Thanks.
    Last edited by sammyc; 28-08-2019 at 11:25 AM.
    Aliorum vitia turbaverunt me

Thanks

Re: Parcel that I misaddressed

I can't see companies wanting to open a parcel hoping for a packing slip. What if the recipient then alleges something's been nicked?

As for a "try harder" case, my bet is that their response would be that you should have tried harder to get the address right in the first place, then the issue wouldn't arise.

On redirecting mid-transit, dunno, never tried it.

Thanks

Re: Parcel that I misaddressed

Well yes, obviously I take full responsibility - I'm also typing from the hip so yes, it also may not be the most thought through post. I'll amend that to - if the tracking states 'we're attempting to correct the address' and the recipient's address is not ex-directory or whatever, what attempts can they actually have made? I don't mean complaining as in I'm up on my hind legs demanding retribution, just as in couldn't they have looked up & corrected a street address?

[from ups] If UPS is unable to deliver any package as addressed by the shipper, or if the package has an incorrect or incomplete address, UPS will determine and make reasonable efforts, to be determined in its sole discretion, to secure the correct or complete address. & so forth. Which is somewhat nonspecific, as you'd expect, but doesn't give you much to go on.
    Last edited by sammyc; 28-08-2019 at 04:04 PM.
    Aliorum vitia turbaverunt me

Thread Information