• Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Exclamation Wife Swap !

First thing....keep this civil and polite .....

Im talking about the TV show, on telly last night.

Quite the most incredible "eye opener" ever! Two couples, each of them having a partner who feels "hard done by" swap wives with each other. The entire family is involved, kids and all.

So Mum moves out and moves into a totally different house.....and it gets better.

Its for 2 weeks.....each wife leaves a set of instructions, on how to run the house, and an envelope with cash in it, for the budget.

Then the new wife must obey these rules for 1 week.

The next week, she gets to run the house her way.....so hubby and kids have to change their ways.

The tension starts when the two "alienated" wives go to the others house, while its empty and look around, cos they don't know anything about who they are gonna get.....they dont know the age, whether there are kids, or even the life style.

Last night was a beaut....a reall corker.....cos one family had a 5 bedroom house, and a budget of £500 per week(!) for food, and the other had a 2 up 2 down with a budget of £45.........

and when they swapped, to MY amazement, these two women were sisters in law....ie their husbands were brothers.

And two more different blokes, you could not find. One was covered in tatoos, had a low income and was a top top father,and husband.....and the other was a Merc driving, lazy fool who frankly needed a slap....

Anyone else watch it? It was incredible

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Big fan. Watched the entire first series and thought it one of the best TV programs I've ever seen. Hopefully this series will continue.

The 'catch up' program they screened after was interesting, too.

C4 are doing reality TV a lot of good with both this and Faking It. Excellent TV.

::edit:: Faxing it? Hehe. Faking it.
    Last edited by Miss MoneyPenny; 01-10-2003 at 06:28 PM.

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    this is a fantastic show, i watched the last series too & as miss moneypenny says the catch up shows on whats happened since were excellent - quality TV

its a real eye-opener to see what utter pigs some people are tho!
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    Indeed, petrefax. Makes you appreciate what's around you. For example: what I call the fat family. Racist, obese, a bit backward. One of the daughters couldn't even string a sentence together without a eff word. Makes you more aware of the different types of people that populate this world and how their approach to life [and more so with this program, running a house, children, etc] differ from yours.

Ravens Nest

Re: Wife Swap !

Originally posted by Zak33
    First thing....keep this civil and polite .....

Im talking about the TV show, on telly last night.

Quite the most incredible "eye opener" ever! Two couples, each of them having a partner who feels "hard done by" swap wives with each other. The entire family is involved, kids and all.

So Mum moves out and moves into a totally different house.....and it gets better.

Its for 2 weeks.....each wife leaves a set of instructions, on how to run the house, and an envelope with cash in it, for the budget.

Then the new wife must obey these rules for 1 week.

The next week, she gets to run the house her way.....so hubby and kids have to change their ways.

The tension starts when the two "alienated" wives go to the others house, while its empty and look around, cos they don't know anything about who they are gonna get.....they dont know the age, whether there are kids, or even the life style.

Last night was a beaut....a reall corker.....cos one family had a 5 bedroom house, and a budget of £500 per week(!) for food, and the other had a 2 up 2 down with a budget of £45.........

and when they swapped, to MY amazement, these two women were sisters in law....ie their husbands were brothers.

And two more different blokes, you could not find. One was covered in tatoos, had a low income and was a top top father,and husband.....and the other was a Merc driving, lazy fool who frankly needed a slap....

Anyone else watch it? It was incredible
    Yeah it was very good, much better than i thought it would be

I did feel bad as well watching it as they man with tattoo's was obviously enjoying the company of his brothers wife a little too much.. and he was saying how he had never had so much fun (or something like that)

His brother came out looking bad, but it was a positive for him as he realised that he was not there emotionally for his family only financially and wanted to change..

The tattooed mans wife came back with a new found appreciation for what her husband does for her, but i did have the feeling that she'd go back to normal after a couple of weeks..

I couldn't believe the rich mans wife had £500 pound a week to spend , that equates to £71.42 a day!! my mums shopping only comes to £65 per week. (and thats for 4 adults and 1 child) she definetly came back realising money wasnt everything and questioned her marriage and happiness.

Very good, but i did feel it was far to personnel but if they agree to do the show they should expect it to get ugly.

Thanks
    I also watched most of the first series as well as the episode on Tuesday night. Top quality tv for once

Tbh, all I kept thinking all the way through this recent episode was what a bum the rich man was. His wife stated early on in the program how money does infact buy happiness (i think she actually missed the point of the expression) but by the end she'd seen how wrong she was.

The bit that had me cracking up was the bit with the lady trying to cook a fish. It looked like she'd never cooked before in her life

I'd love to see what happens 6 month down the line. Tbh, the rich brother seemed to me like he was BSing his way thru the catchup at the end. Just something you say to get past the immediate probability that your wife is about to leave you. Whether his change is permanent would be an interesting thing to see. Altho, he did look genuinely happy after having taken his son to karate for the first time.

Yep, deffo quality tv

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Re: Re: Wife Swap !

Originally posted by Ravens Nest
    I did feel bad as well watching it as they man with tattoo's was obviously enjoying the company of his brothers wife a little too much.. and he was saying how he had never had so much fun (or something like that)....

Very good, but i did feel it was far to personnel but if they agree to do the show they should expect it to get ugly.
    Those two CLEARLY married the wrong people....they had a great time together AND cos she startewd to do his ironing, and cooked a bit, he had a chance to have a rest for 5 minutes and then off they went for a night out.

I guess it was a reason for a "private discussion" later, after the film crew had gone, between Jane the Geordie and the tatoo's dude cos she must have thought...."they slpet with each other"

they were SOOOO close.

Bye the way....the inscription on his head meant everything....he really was being taken for one by his wife.

"The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |

Ravens Nest
    Jane the geordie i also noticed was having a go at her husbands rich brother about sitting in his room playing his playstation and not playing with his children and she made him stay with the kids at karate and take them out for the day, look after them in the house and tidied there rooms for them.

But it all seemed a ploy by her to just be able to sit around and do nothing, exactly what she did at her own home.

And the Rich wife as lujan has already said, was making comments about having money makes you happy, then as the week wore on it became increasingly obvious to her that she was wrong and was more happy there with hardly any money than where she was at home with too much.
    Last edited by Ravens Nest; 02-10-2003 at 02:54 PM.

Ravens Nest
    Originally posted by Lujan
    I'd love to see what happens 6 month down the line. Tbh, the rich brother seemed to me like he was BSing his way thru the catchup at the end. Just something you say to get past the immediate probability that your wife is about to leave you. Whether his change is permanent would be an interesting thing to see. Altho, he did look genuinely happy after having taken his son to karate for the first time.

Yep, deffo quality tv
    Yeah you may be right lujan, he may have been bsing but truly i hope his wasnt, he was effected by the thought his wife may leave him and yes i agree he definetly seemed happy watching his son at karate.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    interestingly - at the end of the show they said the families saw alot more of each other but the poorer couple were on 'rise' yesterday morning and said they hadnt seen each other since the show
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Ravens Nest
    Originally posted by 5lab
    interestingly - at the end of the show they said the families saw alot more of each other but the poorer couple were on 'rise' yesterday morning and said they hadnt seen each other since the show
    Why do they say stuff like that at the end of the show? , seems the show's producer's were just trying to take the bad taste out of our mouths (imho) by saying they are close now where as before they had not seen each other for 8 years and it looked to me like the show could have wrecked two marriages, and it was narrowly averted.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    cos it leaves a sugar coating for next week........

its wrong tho I agree

Ravens Nest
    Originally posted by Zak33
    cos it leaves a sugar coating for next week........

its wrong tho I agree
    I feel guilty for watching

Thanks
    • Dazbo666's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GeForce 7050M
      • CPU:
      • AMD dual core 5000
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 2Gb DDR2 667 Kingston
      • Storage:
      • 1Tb SATA master / 1.5Tb for movies / 750Gb for games / 250Gb IDE external caddy
      • Graphics card(s):
      • tba
      • PSU:
      • Winpower ATX650L
      • Case:
      • Chieftec Dragon
      • Operating System:
      • Vista Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • 17inch eMachines TFT flat screen
      • Internet:
      • 10Gb VirginMedia optical broadband
    TBH I'm not a big fan of reality TV shows, so I only saw 1 or 2 out of the previous series... but after reading thru this thread, I think I'll have to check this one out?!
    -- AMD dual core 5000 CPU -- GeForce 7050M mobo -- 2 x 2Gb Kingston DDR2 PC5200 memory -- Winpower ATX650L PSU -- ### -- Sunbeam 4 way Rheobus with red/blue LEDs -- ...in the process of being updated April 2012

Banned
    Thanks
    Just watched it last nite (repeat or summet) that woman who was with the rich guy had a real nice pair of knockers on her.. shame about the face!... bet she was proper fit when she was 18! seduced by fast cars (just like I do now LOL)

Thread Information