Thread: Had an interview today - very depressing

Thanks

Unhappy Had an interview today - very depressing

Went for a job interview today for a company that does software solutions for scientific and engineering areas. Was really not what I was expecting - only 2 guys in the office (rest out with clients) and the interviewer didn't seem to be enthusiastic about anything. Work mostly based at clients' sites, no pooters / laptop of your own, work often involves relocating for up to 6 months at a time. That's not the depressing bit tho - Work would mostly be done alone or in small groups of 2 /3 and would encompass the entire software life cycle from inception, requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, distribution and maintenance - IN ANY LANGUAGE the client desires.
    I've only worked in the happy beard and sandals world of academia and this is my first interview outside it - please tell me this isn't a normal scenario!!!

Thanks
    Normal for me chap, although due to the size of the place it's scaled down a bit. If I was doing my job over the puddle, in enger-land, Id probably be in a team of about about 4 guys covering Worcestershire or something....

Oh, and this:

....happy beard and sandals world.....
    Is damned funny.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Its not normal....but anyone cool enough to be a Hexus-ite wil survive ANYTHING, after they've deciphered MY bad typing

If it aint what ya want, and frankly it sounds like the current staff are badly motivated......run away unless its LOTS of wonga and a rung on the ladder for summit muchos better......and SOON!

Good luck bloke

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Cheers for that. Job-wise, I'm secure until April and then some. Basically, the team that I'm in can't survive without me, which is a nice situation to be in, but they're all completely old & insane, and I want a challenge. Gut feeling is that this is deffo not normal, but is the first interview I've had in a while so I wasn't sure

L8rs

Thread Information