Thread: Sky Card...

Banned
    Thanks

Sky Card...

Got my new Sky Card credit card in the post, try to register online, fail, as it just says 'Can't accept those details.' Erm, well, fine, but they are my details, I can change my name or move house if you like, but then, I'm trying to tell you my details.

No problem, I can register by putting it in the set top box. I bet its as easy as 1-2-3, right, kids?

Nah. Card goes in, I press interactive, press Sky Card, and get Please Wait...

So I do, for 5 minutes, 10 mintues, go and make a cup of tea, nothing. Still Please Wait...

So I take it out, check the phone wire is in and working, and put it in again... Please Wait...

So I do, for 5 minutes... getting the idea?

So, I ring them up, throughly pissed off that I'm having to ring them up to register, because they are utterly incapable of running any sort of automated system, it seems.

Still, I'm put through to some automated phone system, and type in my credit card number... only to be told, the automated phone registration system is not avalible, and I will be put through to a Sky representative.

So, 3 attempted methods of registration failed, and still going...

After another 5 minutes of having vile music played at me down the phone, and constant 'Please hold, no reprasentatives are avalible' messages, I put the phone down, cut the card up, and decided to stay with Capital One.

They don't deserve my custom. 4, arseing 4 different attempts to register, and all of them failed.

Stick your card where the sun doesn't shine, you shambles of a company.

That is all.

Thanks
    Good to know when someone has a bad costomer service expecence, added to the mental list of companys to stay clear of.

Thanks
    My parents had to ring up sky once as it wouldn't even book a film for them.. Never had a problem with the card though.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    hehe perfect timing Stewart, read this thread with a Sky advert top right corner

And you sure its not love struck user error?.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Banned
    Thanks
    Its not Sky, I've had Sky TV for years, no problems, having Sky Plus in my new flat... but they just don't seem to have got off on the right foot, with Sky Card.

Tried and failed to register online. (Due to details simply not being accepted)

Tried and failed to register via set-top box. (Due to it doing nothing than saying 'Please Wait' no matter how long I did)

Tried and failed to register via automated telephone system. (Due to 'System not avalible' message being played AFTER typing all my details in)

Tried and failed to register via speaking to bloke at other end of phone. (Due to no-one being arsed to speak to me, and playing crap music)

End of the day, that is not acceptable customer service. I'm happy with Sky TV, I will not be using a Sky credit card.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yohji
    My parents had to ring up sky once as it wouldn't even book a film for them.. Never had a problem with the card though.
    I didnt know your parents had sky credit cards!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippledence
    I didnt know your parents had sky credit cards!
    Ah waht a noob, I was thinking of the wrong thing.

Banned
    Thanks
    Yes, this is the 'Sky Card' credit card, not Sky Digital.

Thanks
    Is the Sky Credit Card a new product?

If so then give it a week or so then try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    I've just this very evening cancelled my Sky TV contract... hundreds of channels and bugger all to watch except The Top Ten worst this or the Top Ten Best that... or repeats of House Doctor, Pimp My Ride and more bleedin' finance and ringtone adverts than you can shake a stick at...

They offered me a standard package for £13 a month giving me all the free channels and Sky One and Sky One Sports... whoopee... There's still bugger all on either I would be bothered to watch.

So, in 30 days time the contract closes and the box automatically becomes a freeview box, and ironically, the channels we do watch most often are all the ones on freeview.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thread Information