Thread: anyone been to futuroscope??

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks

anyone been to futuroscope??

http://www.futuroscope.com/eng/index.php

wondering if its worth a look in
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Don't feed the trolls... tiggerai's Avatar
    Thanks
    • tiggerai's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD PhenomII 955BE
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb Corsair XMS DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Lots
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire X1950XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-R 550w
      • Case:
      • Antec lovely black thing
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2x 20" widescreen
      • Internet:
      • Pipexpants
    Yes, It's actually quite interesting.

Right near where my adopted french families live!

Thanks
    I went in 1992. Interesting but not brilliant I thought- most of it is just various cinema attractions. Judging by the website it hasn't changed a great deal since then.

Thanks
    Yeah, I want a few years ago (like 3)

And my only memory is of unbelivably long queues!

But it's a very interesting place to visit.

ShMeE
    Current: Shuttle SX58J3, i7 950, Corsair 16GB, 2x 1.5TB, XFX 6850 1GB, 3x Samsung 23" 1920x1080, 5760x1080 = AWESOME!

Laptop: Vaio Z (13.3")
    Hexus Trust ¦ Shmee150.co.uk (Supercar Blog)

Thanks
    I've been twice .

It hasn't changed much from what I remember though. First time was maybe 3-5 years ago, and the last time I went was about 3 weeks ago. As rave says, it's basically various cinema bits and pieced. You can probably guess what that mean. Lots of 3D cinema (bit clunkey goggles to wear), motion simulators, and a 360 degree video.

As far as I can remember, the only things that actually change are the films they show. The attractions mostly stay the same. There was the following:

* an interesting video of the space station in 3D (i think)
    * a nature film with screens at your feet (a bit poop tbh)
    * a documentary sky diver film, where a sky diver trys out a paracute designed by leonado de vinci
    * a 360 degree about brazil (poop)
    * a 3D film about bugs (viruses), with clips from bugs (the film) and simpsons - decent, but very americanised
    * a very jerkey 3D motion simulator in a comedy style, with a man riding and playing a piano down a hill
    * a 3D atlantis motion simulator
    * an xbox exhibition
    * a laser show at 10:30 PM (all in french though with no translation, but still worth a look)

To summarise, although there is a 2 day ticket avaliable, I wouldn't bother with it, and only get the 1 day one instead (they're almost the same price anyway). It's more of a thing to take your children to see (if you have any), than for friends to go imo. Take a pack-up to have for lunch, then stay for dinner, and have a pizza or something at one of the restaurants. Afterwards, stay to watch the laser light show.

I'm guessing you don't speak French fluently, so you'll need to walk around with a strange earphone set on that dengles under your chin, so you look like a prat from the day.

The queues are quite long, but I suppose for the time you in each attraction, it balences out. A 5 min ride at alton towers with a short queue, will average out to be the same as a 20 min attraction at futuroscope with a long queue.

Also, (assuming you're going to be camping), try the nearby site. It called something like "site de futroscope" or something. Has a nice few of the complex, and great facilities too.

P.S. You can tell I have nothing else to do can't you?

Last edited by ajbrun; 28-08-2005 at 01:23 AM.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    rightoh - think i'll give it a miss.. i'm taking the musses down to tours for 1 evening, thought it might be worht popping in on an evening ticket (they have cheapy deals) but by the sounds of it you wont get much in on an evening. just have to have dinner by the river instead

Thanks
    I went a few years ago too, on a school trip, personally (at 15) i found it was quite crap really, but that was prolly cos i was with a big school group and it just felt like we were hanging about waiting for people to turn up for the most part of the day. the "rides" weren't exactly spectacular, but then, it's been 6 years since i was there, so it could all have changed. The one thing i will say is the shapes of the buildings is quite cool, and i'd go back again (if i was in the area) to take some photos of them.

So is it just for 1 night u're going? cos we were staying in Amboise and it's a reeeeeeeeeally pretty town not far from tours, that's definitely worth a visit if possible!they have evening fireworks displays too some days in the chateau.

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    ta for the advice.. i'll have a look

edit : bugger. we'll be just too late http://www.whatsonwhen.com/print/vie...id=69774#dates

might take a look anyways

Thanks
    ahh that's a bit poop! oh well, it's a gorgeous town anyway, and there's the leonardo da vinci house there too for wandering around during the day if u have the time

Thanks
    Ive been a few times and thought it was good actually.
    Although it does depend what you see.
    If nothing at all the buildings are pretty damn cool imo.

I had great fun. I reckon its better than disney land tbh.
    Laser/Fountain evening show was good as well. Had a wholoe projection thing afaik and was impressive.

I would recommend it.
    Twigman

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    thing is thou, as we're only around for a night we'd only get the 3 hour evening pass - which from what you guys are saying isnt really enough to see everything there.. specially on a sat evening when queues are gonna be long - so maybe next time

Thread Information