Thread: Grrr @ Iiyama, Maplins and Me.

Thanks

Angry Grrr @ Iiyama, Maplins and Me.

Hi All - Just a quick rant / vent.

My Lovely employers recently decided to buy us all iiyama flat panel monitors - Hooray! and nice ones too, I now have a 19" Prolite E481s and a 17" Prolite E431S. But...

Rant 1: @ Iiyama
    Why oh why didn't you ship your beautiful, but very expensive monitors with a bundled dvi cable? You Cheap (persons of questionable parentage). VGa cable - Fine, I've got one of those, but I've got a modern(ish) dual head card, so I want a least one of my monitors running at top quality. So now the One through the DVI-VGA adaptor took ages to tune so it was in focus, and the one on the straight VGA picks up Ghosting from the first.

Rant 2: @ Maplin - Holborn
    I shoot out to buy a DVI cable on my Lunchbreak, Maplins in Holborn London (I'm impatient alright), only have a DVI cable for £40 "Ahh - thats the high quality one for a better picture" Says the salesman.

"ITS A DIGITAL SIGNAL" I cry, ones and zeros can't be any more one, or any more zero, and if it's beyond the wit of man to send a lossless digital signal the 3 feet betwen my card and my monitor, what hope does my USB Hard disk have?

Rant 3: @ Maplin - Tottenham Court Road.
    So next Day I traverse the evils of Totty court road (did I mention I'm a sucker for punishment), noone sells DVI cables except, you've guessed it, another Maplin. These guys have one for a more modest £24 (I can still hear you laughing), Still impatiant I snap it up and run back to plug it in...(start ominuous music)

Rant 4: @ IIyama
    IT DOESN'T FIT It turns out, in my ignorance I'd bought a DVI-I instead of DVI-D, and the iiyama monitor, rather than maintain the most compatability with cables, doesn't have enough holes for this cable (the four pins around the flat blade).

So Patience wearing thin, and like the little vandle I am, I grab a pair of pliers, and yank off the four useless pins, neutering the cable and downgrading it to DVI-D, or so I thought....

Rant 5: @ Me!
    IT STILL DOESNT FIT
    The flat blade is about twice as wide as the slot in the DVI connector on the monitor.

That was when I gave up, and ordered one off Ebuyer for half the price. It'll be here next week.
    They told me I was gullible ... and I believed them.

Thanks
    lol at that story
    a: maplin = poo poo
    b: ur a bit of a spas for not checking the blade before u took/ripped the pins off.

Cool story though
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin4458
    b: ur a bit of a spas for not checking the blade before u took/ripped the pins off.
    Quoted for Truth!

Never ever go shopping without making sure you know exactly what you're after; unless your a feminine of course

Thread Information