Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boasting rights?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schmunk
    'In dis scene I kill man with sword. It very emotional.'
    Hahahahaha. Ohh that hurt the sides.

My Cd collection is awful. As is my dvd collection but i still sleep at night
    |eBay| Because monkeys never hurt anyone. |Hexus|

-=|sam-t.co.uk|=-

"If crime fighters fight crime, and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight?"

IBM
    there but for the grace of God, go I IBM's Avatar
    Thanks
    • IBM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel E6600 Core2Duo 2.40GHz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB kit (1GBx2), Ballistix 240-pin DIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400
      • Storage:
      • 150G WD SATA 10k RAPTOR, 500GB WD SATA Enterprise
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Leadtek NVIDIA GeForce PX8800GTS 640MB
      • PSU:
      • CORSAIR HX 620W MODULAR PSU
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Black Case
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WPF A04
      • Internet:
      • domestic zoom
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Cricket
    Well make that at least two on this forum. In addition to a multitude of fans of aforementioned trilogy who don’t frequent Hexus.

Yes I do own the Three Colours trilogy on DVD, as well as Delicatessen, Amelie and no doubt a host of others that you would consider poncy nonsense. If you think that’s bad then god knows what you would think of me listening to the Bonxo Dog Band of my own free will…

The bottom line is that regardless of whatever dispersions someone may make of my character in light of my music and or film collection, I don’t, haven’t and for that matter wont give a damn. I collect for the very simplest of reasons, namely my own entertainment.
    Well, you certainly make up in taste for films what you lack in humour, but never mind hey....

sig removed by Zak33

Thanks
    I can assure you that I am really not that funny.

Or in other words you have attached a greater magnitude to my words that was ever intended for them.

In summary, whilst I am fortunate not to know anyone of the ilk, I am sure there are plenty of people out there who purchase media in the hopes of elevating their perceived self-image. Ergo, I have now agreed with the overall viewpoint of your opening post twice.

All I was saying, or littler still emphasising, was that there are those amongst us that purchase for the simplicity of entertainment. In addition to this there are those who go through life without too much thought on how their character is visualised in others minds, let alone trying to steer this image by material consumption. It I hope goes without saying that these people wouldn’t be riled by a post on a forum, let alone miss the light hearted nature of such a post.

I really should of used smilies in my entrance to this thread

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    I have HEAT DVD signed by Al Pacino & DeNiro

Thanks
    I don't see the point in buying DVD's myself. I just rent them from screenselect, watch and send back. Maybe 1 in every 100 i might consider watching again, but for me personally i find it a waste of money.

As for CD's, they just get ripped to FLAC on my PC and streamed around the house using a Squeezebox 3 or transfered to my K750i. The CD then gets 'archived' in a box under the stairs.

It's just me, but i personally find displaying stuff like this around your house to 'say something' about yourself to be a bit ghay in all honesty. But that just me Athough i admit doing it when i was younger and single.

I'm not criticising, whatever brings you pleasure. It's all good

Quote Originally Posted by 5cupa
    I have HEAT DVD signed by Al Pacino & DeNiro
    It's nice to have things with a value like that. A couple of years ago, my younger brother once went out for a meal and piss up with Steve Martin, Eric Idol, the head of Sony UK, Billy Connolly and Robin Williams after looking after their kids at an activity centre in Scotland for a week (they were on a dads holiday sort of thing). It was just them, my bother, his mate and the manager.
    They were quite taken with my brother (who had worked with Billy Connolly's daughter before) and to say thanks, Robin Williams sent my brother a signed copy of an orginal script used in the film The Fisher King back to England for the US for christmas. Now thats boasting rights!!!
    Last edited by autopilot; 07-02-2006 at 03:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information