Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday night in central london

Thanks

Friday night in central london

For the London lot. I got a mates 21st bday tm night and its my job to find a good venue.
    I know most places charge like 15 quid too get in so thats ok. But music wize is key. Needs to be dancey(not tecnho) house, funky, discoy stuff. Not drum n bass/Rap. Dont mind a bit of cheese/pop.

So any recommendations for a friday night as i know all nights are different

Thanks all
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    you considered a gay club? guarenteed cheese, and if you're not out on the pull, can actually be a fun night..
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    no i havent considered it and wont but thanks for the idea. Cheese isnt too necesarry, but its fun to have a few tracks. Just aminly not drum n bass and rap. some RnB is ok, but not RnB club
    Rig: Amd 64 3700+ San Diego | Abit AT8 | 4x512 Corsair XMS3200C2PRO | PowerColour X850XTPE / Arctic Cooled | Samsung Spinpoint 250Gig | Enermax NoiseTake 485w | Arctic Freezer 64 Pro | Coolermaster Wavemaster Silver | Dell 2405FPW | Logitech G5 / Everglide Destrukt Monstermat |

Thanks
    the Astoria has turns gay club at night, at like 11, so u can go to a gig before!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 320Gb internal / 750Gb external
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    Head down to Fabric on a Saturday night. It's a really good dance night and open to 6am

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    yup second for fabric, drink prices are a bit much for my current student status thou, but still a great venue.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus
    yup second for fabric, drink prices are a bit much for my current student status thou, but still a great venue.
    Just get hammered before you go and you will be fine. I love the massive leather beds they have there perfect to chill on with any hot girls you meet

Thanks
    • unreal's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel iMac 20" & Macbook
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 2.0Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR667
      • Storage:
      • 1TB 7200 Int + 1.5Tb Ext
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi Radeon 2400XT
      • PSU:
      • 95W or something?
      • Case:
      • Intel iMac 20" Aluminium
      • Operating System:
      • OSX Snow Leopard (Win 7 x64 on Macbook Bootcamp)
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" @ 1680x1050 & 27" 1080p HDTV
      • Internet:
      • O2 10mb
    Quote Originally Posted by Famished
    Head down to Fabric on a Saturday night. It's a really good dance night and open to 6am
    QFT, my mates go there every Saturday, like Church or something (Cept Church is on Sundays of course ;P)

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Famished
    Just get hammered before you go and you will be fine. I love the massive leather beds they have there perfect to chill on with any hot girls you meet
    Or just pass out from drug abuse!

Yeh get loaded before going, have some food too, theres a noodle bar near the tube station thats rather fine (and cheap) gives you some energy and will help you get on with the night, then theres the spoons near by which will be the cheapest drink you can get within 200m of fabric.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Thanks
    what kinda music is on fridays at fabric, and what is the entry and drinks like, roughly. I read it was big beat, duno wot that is...

Thanks
    • Nick F's system
      • CPU:
      • 2.4Ghz C2D
      • Memory:
      • 4GB
      • Storage:
      • Case:
      • Apple iMac
      • Operating System:
      • Mac OSx
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24inch
      • Internet:
      • 8mb BE connection
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin4458
    what kinda music is on fridays at fabric, and what is the entry and drinks like, roughly. I read it was big beat, duno wot that is...
    Always Drum & Bass on Friday's. It's about £12 with a NUS card I think £15 without and for a double vodka & coke it will cost you about £6

Thanks
    It's a long time since I went clubbing in London (married- whad'ya gonna do ) but frankly- buy a copy of Time Out and a travelcard and take your pick. If you just want somewhere that's packed, plays decent-ish dance music, and is full of young folk on the pull then there's a list of places as long as your arm- Sound, Henry's etc. etc.

If you want a proper clubbing experience then AFAIK the Ministry of Sound is still up there. Otherwise: pick a place and risk it- my best ever night clubbing was when I followed a three line Time Out listing to Strawberry Sundae at Cloud 9 in Vauxhall. Two railway arches under Vauxhall station with a rudimentary bar and a concrete dancefloor- and I danced my arse off to some superb hard house until 6am.

Thanks
    Fabric is good on Saturday night...as is Turnmills. Both are in Farringdon and Fabric I know closes VERY late - can't remember about turnmills. I think Turnmills on a Friday night is House Classics and maybe DnB and cheese though check their website for details

For a bit of a smaller venue consider some of the quality clube near Picadilly circus (or as a warm-up). Soho/Covent Garden is always nice for some cool bars to go to such as Long Island Ice Tea Bar and The Rock Garden amongst many others. Bar Rumbar is also pretty good. Leicester Square is always a nice "touristy" place to go with some cool bars like Oxygen Bar.

A good night out as well (although a little far out) is The Ministry of Sound. Its pretty cool and does still get some proper clubbers though the dress code is stricter than it used to be (back in the day ) Thats at Elephant and Castle and you can get a taxi back into town for not too much.

And yeah Time-Out is a "must have" for going out in London Town

EDIT: For a REAL posh night out (and unless your really early a HUGE queue) then try the Mayfair club or the Met Bar
    Last edited by kempez; 23-02-2006 at 10:42 AM.
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    thanks guys, for replies, DnB really isnt too my taste so im unsure about fabric. Ive been to minstry before which was awesome. where can i find the time-out mag, in newsagents? I will check out turnmills, i do like house music and cheese,,,well who doesnt when uve had 1 too many.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    The security in Turnmills has become quite bizarre in recent years. It's pretty much a police state inside now. You can't move for bouncers/security staring at you as if you've just murdered a litter of kittens. It's very intimidating.

Go to a smaller club is my advice. Rave is right; get a copy of timeout and see what tickles your fancy. It will guaranteed be a better vibe, be cheaper, and more than likely not be totally rammed. Last time I went to Fabric you couldnt move.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    The security in Turnmills has become quite bizarre in recent years. It's pretty much a police state inside now. You can't move for bouncers/security staring at you as if you've just murdered a litter of kittens. It's very intimidating.
    Same as 5th Ave in Manchester by the sound of it really. Borderline Prison if you ask me

I say stuff the guide and wing it. Last time I did that in London was a crazy night. I finally got in at 5am after getting lost in Finsbury Park where my mate lives and I could not dial my mobile as my vision was totally gone.

Most the best nights I've had out have been spur of the moment "lets go here" nights and I hate going to clubs where theres no space to stand let alone dance. The kind of places where you have someone behind you poking your ribs with theit elbow.

Why is it clubs feel they need to cram as many people as they can into places and then get arsey when people need to go out for fresh air due to too much heat, smoke and dry ice?
    Last edited by Lee H; 23-02-2006 at 05:29 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information