Thread: help with an awkward retailer - refunding issues - long story!

Thanks

help with an awkward retailer - refunding issues - long story!

hi a few weeks ago i bought a twin dvb card for my media center from a company i wont mention at this point

the card worked fine , unless i tried to get the second tuner working i spent ages trying lots of current and older drivers and extracting driver packages and manually trying to install the missing parts but the second tuner just would not kick in

i emailed the company after a couple of days and told them but admitted i didnt want to go through the rma process and seeked his advice on what the problem could be or if he knew of any issues

he suggested to me i might have older specced hardware i informed him that its all been put together with an asus a8n32sli deluxe mobo and a opteron 165 watercooled etc so it was hardly old

so he then suggested updating the bios and i told him it already has the current one as it was shipped with it and he said i was wrong and that asus had only just released a new bios for my board and sent me the link and description in an email which was infact a pdf user manual he was telling me to flash my bios with

i then asked him how i was gonna fit a 6.something mb pdf file into a 2mb bios chip he appologised but obviously at this point i was getting concerned about his sanity !

after a long haul and trying my best with the card i gave up and ordered 2 black gold cards from elsewhere and told the guy i wanted to rma it so i got the number and sent it the next day special delivery

a week had past and i had not heard from him so i emailed him asking if he was trying to avoid refunding me and told me he hadnt had the card yet ! so i checked the shipping number and indeed they had missed him so left a while you were out card

he said he only goes to post office on wednesdays so i had to wait yet another few days for him to go then told me that he never got the card i asked if he even asked for it with the number and said to me its my responsibility to get it to him

then he emailed me and i will quote copied out of the email "The ‘While you were out’ cards are never completed so any one of the cards can be used for any of the outstanding parcels. I’m afraid it’s our local post office that is to blame, but this is why we ask customers NOT to use registered delivery. The difference between registered and special delivery in price is marginal, but in service is incredible. If you had sent this Special delivery, we simply would not be having this conversation."

so i got the digicam out and took a high res pic of the special delivery reciept with his companys address he never emailed back for a couple days after multiple emails from me

eventually he saying he wasnt avoiding me but couldnt do anything till he got the card in his hands and i reminded him that i had gave him the consignment number when i sent it and if he had taken that to the post office they would have given him it !

so needless to say after a month and 10 days between sending it back and evemtually getting a refiund im very pi ssed of as to it having 7.99 took of the refund for which there was no explantation plus it cost me 6 or 7 quid to send it back so in total it cost me 146 and i got refunded 129

basically do i have the right to expect a refund of the total inital cost excluding me having to post it back to him ?

sorry for the war and peace length novel but i could have written some more comments that the guy said but im fed up with his nonsense

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    yes you do, have a right, but for the sake of your sanity I dont think its really worth it, if its a retailer then make sure you comment them up on trust..
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    are you allowed to use profanity in the hexus trust section ?

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    no.

matt.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    • JimmyBoy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VI ROG Hero
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770k @ 4.4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2133mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250gb Samsung 840 SSD / 3tb Seagate / 1tb Western Digital
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HiS ATi Radeon HD 7950
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster GX 650w
      • Case:
      • Bit Fenix Shinobi XL
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" LG IPS277L-BN 1920x1080
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 120mb down 10mb up
    come on, spill the beans who was it

Thanks
    Name and shame on the trust and post a link to it or something.

For all the stuff that gets said about ebuyer when I had to RMA something recently
    they gave me the RMA number within a day or two and that was a few days before or
    perhaps after christmas. When I sent it in they sent the replacement within 3 days.

And refunded the postage

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    sounds very much like spie from overclockers, but thats just my own personal opinion lol

Thanks
    it was oliver parren from wwwtheglowlounge.com

it was a dire experience, i let him know many times i wanted it done smoothly as possible for both of us and with little hassle to both parties

which didnt go smoothly as he reminded me it was at his discression whether he would refund my money and it was only out of his generousity that i would get a return , if and when he collected it from the post office, i have the feeling he was just avoiding the parcel because it was a return and didnt want to cough up for aslong as possible to keep the money in his pocket the swine !

i also told him i would be posting this on several forums where it would be relevant like this one and avforums and that never seemed to bother him which seems strange but id prefer not to have resorted to it and have a nomral procedure

i mentioned that i didnt want to hear the status of the card when he got it back as i knew it would be working perfectly when he got hold of it .....

but he did anyways and said how it worked great and he was going to leave it "encoding all weekend" now correct me if im wrong but a dvb card only receives raw mpeg and just decodes the signal for the pc so i dont know what he was doing by encoding as a means of stress testing it which was never the issue anyways it was the fact the second tuner just plain refused to show up or attempt to install or even let its presence be known !

it fair put a dent in honeymoon period with the new hardware i had got as i have rarely ever had to rma anything touch wood but ive got the pc running great with a pair of sweetspot black gold digital tuners and having it underclock and overclock itself according to demand

i should have took the proven route of seperate tuners it works out cheaper and is better overall as the second tuner on the fusion card is not through the pci bus it uses a usb lead which you plug into the usb ports either internal or external

Sheffield (University) , BuuurMINGhem (Born)
    Thanks
    Strage that you can see other users invoices
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnimus
    As for the filled fresh pasta, i love that stuff... when i've got the money, however i've a computer addication, my mum always said she thinks it would be cheaper if i had herroin addiction, and at least i'd get some fresh air when i went to get a score.

Thanks
    lol :O how did you find that

Thanks
    • just_laze's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R v1.0
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E5200
      • Memory:
      • 4 x Corsair 1GB 6400C4 800MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB x2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia 9600GT 512MB
      • PSU:
      • Tagan T430-U15 430W
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master ATC-201B SXT
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG L227WT
      • Internet:
      • 8Mbit
    We should all phone the supplied number at 10 minute intervals asking if we were to buy a product from the glowlounge only to find out it was faulty, would we be screwed too?

hehe.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter

Thanks
    ha as much as id like that its a bit much besides he would tell you that its at HIS discression whether you were screwed or not !

Thread Information