Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MCSE Course with SkillsTrain (Scheidegger)

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Pure Power L8 600w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity

MCSE Course with SkillsTrain (Scheidegger)

I was looking at MCSE courses on Google and I came across Skills Train.

I filled in one of their online applications, and within a week they called me and said that one of their "Career Advisors" was in my area that week.

So the "Career Advisor" came to my house, which I thought was strange enough, but then I thought they must be really professional to have "career advisors" doing house visits.

When he arrived he began telling me how much I would earn if I had an MCSE, and that they would guarantee me employment after the course. He asked me some routine questions about my knowledge and then without warning he transformed himself into a sales man.

He then started telling me about how they have a 92% Pass Rate and that I would not find any other place that offer a better deal.

He then began talking to me as if I had agreed to sign on with them; asking me how I would like to pay, I said I would pay in a lump sum, to which he replied "You don’t have to pay it all in one go, you can pay over 42 months" I said I would prefer to pay in a lump sum, as its easier for me to manage my finances, he then replied "That’s fine, you can pay in a lump sum, but it really is better to pay over 42 months, its interest free, I really recommend you do it".

At this point I became very suspicious, and made it very clear that I had not yet agreed to sign up, or pay anything until I had done my research on the company. He then huffed and puffed and with a disappointed look on his face he said, "That’s fine, I know".

He began packing his things without saying a word, then shook my hand and left.

I thought he acted like a complete sales man, with bully techniques. He made the entire course sound like something it isn’t.

Now that I have read about how horrible their service, and support is, I’m very happy I did not sign on. I have found out that by choosing to pay over 42 months, it meant they would sign me up for an interest free loan, where I would HAVE to pay them.

Bunch of cowboys.

Does anyone know of a better company?

*EDIT*

I forgot to mention, after the fourth time of telling him that I wanted to pay it all in one go, he immediatly called someone up and asked them "How much discount do we give to people who pay in a lmp sum" He then offered me a £400 discount off the orignal £3200 price.

I couldnt believe that he thought I was that stupid.
    Last edited by DeludedGuy; 15-05-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Banned
    Thanks
    i am going to do the same course with computeach, i did get into a place ment with uk it training but decided i couldnt be bothered to drive to tolworth every day, so im going computeach?
    may i ask how old you are and why you want to do it?

and also do you think its achievable
    ?

Thanks
    uk it training but decided i couldnt be bothered to drive to tolworth every day
    Theres been a thread about these people before - I'd stay well away personally.

EDIT: here it is.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=72104

be very carefull with these boot camp training places guys - all is not always what it seems.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Banned
    Thanks
    has any1 used computeach then??

as i would have done the other one but i thought this one i am maybe going to do sounded better?

has anybody used them what are your views?

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow
    i am going to do the same course with computeach, i did get into a place ment with uk it training but decided i couldnt be bothered to drive to tolworth every day, so im going computeach?
    may i ask how old you are and why you want to do it?

and also do you think its achievable
    ?
    Im 20, going to be 21 in July.

I did a BTEC National Diploma for IT Practioners in college, I decided not to go to uni, and instead work for a year, get some money and then do the MCSE and Cisco.

I would like to get a career in networking maintainance and admin.

Banned
    Thanks
    same here but it seems that everywhere i look nothing is what it seems, althoug computeach have been straight with me i want anyone who has done a course like this to come foward,

whop are certified by microsoft then?

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity
    Yes, could someone who has an MCSE step up and guide us, please!

Thanks in advance.

Banned
    Thanks
    yer coz these forums are neallty all negative of the uk it training one so forget them, i just want to make sure tat im not gunna get screwed, although computeach are a big company tv ads n all,??
    i have another post open for this to deluded gu socheck it out when i get some replies hopefully

Thanks
    I did my Training with QA - www.qa.com ( well work paid for it ) I'm a module away from my MCDBA and 3 Modules away from my MSCE. Personally I'd advocate self study or something like the CBT nuggets videos as you'll be able to go at your own pace and stand a chance of learning more than on the intensive courses.

The QA courses are pretty good if you are picking stuff up for the first time.

The Key thing is that an MCSE wont get you a job - I've been working in the industry for 6 years now and have only just hit the stage where hints where dropped that I ought to get certified.
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

Splash
    As Moby says really - self study really is the best way. I'm about to sit my MCDST exams (I know they're small potatoes, but I believe they're electives for other certs and work will be paying for them) - I bought the Sybex study guide which is great, GDVS bought the Microsoft one which he also speaks very highly of.

Banned
    Thanks
    wat u mean it wont get you a job?

should i go into this whole thing then, i am very interested in a career in it what would you recomend if you in the industry allready?

Thanks
    wat u mean it wont get you a job?
    MCSE's are sold as a passport to high salaried support positions by unscrupulous Training firms.

Getting into the industry may be a little easier with one , but expect to start at the bottom of the ladder.

The most common entry route ( and the one I took ) for support work starts with the helpdesk. Its not glamourous or well paid , but it can be quite good fun.

From there you have to make your own opportunities

Banned
    Thanks
    so would you say its worth doing one of theses courses or should i be looking to try and find a job?

Thanks
    I'd look for a job - get hold of some of the course books and work from there.

Banned
    Thanks
    yes i agree but where to look im only 18, where to start i hope to be moving down to kingston in sepotember, and ned a job to pay rent its just eauer said than done to get a step on the ladder so easily...

thast why something that said study in your own time and then havea job at the end sounded good im having second thoughts

any1 help?

Thanks
    the problem with the guarenteed jobs is that they rely on you completing the course within a cartain ammount of time and a couple of other small pritn conditions which make them less than guarenteed that you might think.

Start hunting on sites like www.jobserve.com for helpdesk work and be persistant !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information