Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You wont be doing that again matey...

RDL
    Thanks
    Yep, glad he got owned. There's always some bigger than you.
    AMD 64 3500+ | Asus A32 SLi Deluxe | 2 x Corsair 512MB PC4400 Overclockers RAM| 1 x XFX 6800GT | Nexus Vantec Fan Controller | 1 x 74GB Western Digital Raptor )Boot + backup & 2x 200gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 (RAID 0) | Plextor 716A Black 16 x16±,x4+ Dual Layer DVD | Tagan 480W | ThermalRight XP-120 with Delta Screamer | 2x120mm YS TECH| Black Akasa Eclipse 62 | L1980U 19" TFT 12ms 500:1 DVI Ultra Slim Black & Silver | Phillips 5.1 Surround Sound| Razer Diamondback Mouse | ExactMat mousemat | Black Cherry Keyboard | WinXP Pro

Pseudo-Mad Scientist Whiternoise's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Whiternoise's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 5.6TB Total
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4780
      • PSU:
      • 425W Modu82+ Enermax
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08b
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 23" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbps Fibre Line
    jeez.. that's gotta hurt - he took down a fair few before though..deffo deserved it

Amateur photographer Hans Voralberg's Avatar
    Thanks
    Man that kinda throat bang/block could easily kill him
    Primary kit:
    Fuji S5 Pro - Nikkor AF 50/1.8 - Nikkor AF 85/1.8
    Epson RD-1

Film Kit:
    Leica M3 - Summicron 50/2 DR - Zeiss ZM 25/2.8 - M-Rokkor 40/2

Olympus OM2n - Zuiko 50/2 Macro - Zuiko 50/1.4 - Zuiko 35/2.8

Xcelsion... In Disguise. Xaneden's Avatar
    Thanks
    I can't believe one guy standing there when the confrontation first started didn't react, even when the guy hit the female...

Still, got pwned.
    New Sig on the Way...

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup
    Great shot, right on the money. Rocked his world
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    Sorry to piss on your parade about "zomgwtfhahathatguygotpwndlol" but the boxer commited common assault just as much as the wee ****e that simply set about the group of teenagers.

If the "boxer" had intervened whilst the group were being set about and knocked him cold then fine, he is well within his rights to do so as he would be deemed to have acted in order to protect someone else and most probably would have been judged to act with reasonable force with regards to what he had seen, however, he acted after the event when there was no threat to himself or anyone else. There are no mitigating circumstances and he is guilty of assault.

Now I know that there will be people posting after me saying something along the lines of "well that **** deserved it and good on the bloke" but you just can't have vigilantes doing what they see as "right". If the "boxer" had attempted to make a citizens arrest then any reasonable force would be taken into consideration but you have to make that clear before simply punching someone.....

When I saw the start of the video my first reaction was shock and I couldn't believe that anyone could be so nasty. I myself wanted to punch that git just like the "boxer" did and quite frankly he got his comeuppence, I'd like to see scum like that given the punishment they deserve, however, that punishment must come from the law and the judiciary and not random vigilanty action. Otherwise we simply become barbaric because whom ever is strongest wins.

I don't like the fact that we are so soft on criminals along with all the human rights tosh and people being freed automatically after 1/2 their sentence has been served etc, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah, but you can't have individuals just doing how they please even if you feel that someone got what they deserved.

We are not equal beings, however, we are all equal under the rule of law. (in this country - I'm not talking about anywhere else)
    Last edited by iranu; 06-06-2006 at 12:49 AM.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iranu
    Sorry to piss on your parade about "zomgwtfhahathatguygotpwndlol" but the boxer commited common assault just as much as the wee ****e that simply set about the group of teenagers.

If the "boxer" had intervened whilst the group were being set about and knocked him cold then fine, he is well within his rights to do so as he would be deemed to have acted in order to protect someone else and most probably would have been judged to act with reasonable force with regards to what he had seen, however, he acted after the event when there was no threat to himself or anyone else. There are no mitigating circumstances and he is guilty of assault.

Now I know that there will be people posting after me saying something along the lines of "well that **** deserved it and good on the bloke" but you just can't have vigilantes doing what they see as "right". If the "boxer" had attempted to make a citizens arrest then any reasonable force would be taken into consideration but you have to make that clear before simply punching someone.....

W
    Entitled to your opinion after all.

Still, i'm with the majority, the idiot got what he deserved. If I saw a similar thing happen I would applaud the vigalante.

Thanks
    haha that was great, got his comeuppance etc

Thanks
    • pr0p4g4nd4's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Strix B550 Mini ITX
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
      • Memory:
      • 2x32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB+500GB M.2 NVME
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 1070 Mini
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF750
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Masterbox NR200P
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, Arch Linux, macOS Catalina
      • Monitor(s):
      • 4x 27" LG 4K IPS
    BLAH BLAH SNIP...
    And that, my friend, is why the law is flawed

Thanks
    did it say "this footage from wales" ?

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    And if the vigilate's punch had killed this guy or left him paralysed or with some other disablity would that make it justified too? The above comments show that persons haven't read my post thoroughly. In our opinion the guy got what we think he deserved. Ya great - eye for an eye - lets just all take the law into our own hands.

EG - Hey you dropped a crisp packet on the floor, that's littering in my opinion and I'll punch the hell out of you for it cos that's your come-uppence - who decides the level of punishment for the crime?

i agree with Prop4 with regards to why the law is flawed. The law does not protect the ordinary citizen trying to ensure others are not harmed, however this cannot allow people to swing the other way and demand that ordinary citizens take the law into their own hands without some responsibiltiy.

Would people be saying "yeah he got what was coming to him" if the boxer pulled out a machete and hacked this guy to pieces? Has anyone considered that this person's actions may not be completely rational - i.e the guy maybe mentally ill.

Please don't get me confused with the lefty Guardian reader's assumptions that all human failings are in someways a product of the state etc and that normal people are not respnosible. I felt a pleasing sensation of "that'll teach ya you little ****" when I saw the video. However, in a world of vigilantes,

who will police the police?
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

Thanks
    • pr0p4g4nd4's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Strix B550 Mini ITX
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
      • Memory:
      • 2x32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB+500GB M.2 NVME
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 1070 Mini
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF750
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Masterbox NR200P
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, Arch Linux, macOS Catalina
      • Monitor(s):
      • 4x 27" LG 4K IPS
    And if the vigilate's punch had killed this guy or left him paralysed or with some other disablity would that make it justified too? The above comments show that persons haven't read my post thoroughly. In our opinion the guy got what we think he deserved. Ya great - eye for an eye - lets just all take the law into our own hands.

EG - Hey you dropped a crisp packet on the floor, that's littering in my opinion and I'll punch the hell out of you for it cos that's your come-uppence - who decides the level of punishment for the crime?

i agree with Prop4 with regards to why the law is flawed. The law does not protect the ordinary citizen trying to ensure others are not harmed, however this cannot allow people to swing the other way and demand that ordinary citizens take the law into their own hands without some responsibiltiy.

Would people be saying "yeah he got what was coming to him" if the boxer pulled out a machete and hacked this guy to pieces? Has anyone considered that this person's actions may not be completely rational - i.e the guy maybe mentally ill.

Please don't get me confused with the lefty Guardian reader's assumptions that all human failings are in someways a product of the state etc and that normal people are not respnosible. I felt a pleasing sensation of "that'll teach ya you little ****" when I saw the video. However, in a world of vigilantes,

who will police the police?
    Yeah fair enough, an eye for an eye. A punch for a punch, not a punch for a death-dealing blow. I understand that vigilante action is under many cases morally and legally wrong but in this case it was a well deserved "taste of his own medicine"

Thanks
    • Million's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5G41T-M LX2/GB/SI LGA775 mATX
      • CPU:
      • Core2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 6Gb Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb OCZ Octane SSD, 3Tb Seagate HDD, 250Gb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD4850 1Gb
      • PSU:
      • xClio 700w
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Arc Mini (watercooled)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 36" LED TV
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 60mb cable
    with clothes like that and the fact that it's filmed in wales, it could be present day!

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    fair do's. can't go around being judge/executioner all at once can we.

EG - Hey you dropped a crisp packet on the floor, that's littering in my opinion and I'll punch the hell out of you for it cos that's your come-uppence
    a tad over blown for a bit of littering I feel! as is this:

However, in a world of vigilantes, who will police the police?
    I will, with my trustly lance and steed! hi ho silver...!

teehee. no, yes you've got a point but at the end of the day we didn't see what this boxer guy saw and he may have been rushing to assist (cause no one near-by would do anything evidently) so his actions are justified. he prevented an attacker from getting away - granted rather effecively, and with cctv footage to support why he did and it would probably stand up in court. everyone here was truely shocked by the actions of the guy at the start - quite horrific - then all felt 'pleased' at the result when he got smacked down in one. a jury, I'm willing to bet, would probably feel the same way and not penalise the 'vigilante' but commend him. as you said, an eye for an eye, the attacker got exactly what he gave!