• Case:
      • Antec P182
      • Operating System:
      • 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 40" TV
      • Internet:
      • O2 8Mb @ 8Mb
    All the people saying he shouldn't return to United and all that just prove that what he did was the right thing for him to do.

He wanted Portugal to win so he cheated - Job done.

He wanted out of United to go to Real Madrid - He may just have got what he wanted now that Wayne may slap him about a bit in training.

This world cup has been terirble for cheating, I thought after Rivaldo at the last one I wouldn't see anything as bad but this is terrible.
    "I've heard there is a common problem with this item from forums" - If you read some forums they believe Elvis was abducted by aliens, doesn't mean it's true.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by javalord
    Whilst Ronaldo did play dirty, so did many others yet they're not penalised. Seems petty to pick on just the one.

Yeah what about Thierry Henry? Much worse. Oh I forgot, it's only cheating when England lose *sniff*

Thanks
    • pr0p4g4nd4's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS ROG Strix B550 Mini ITX
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
      • Memory:
      • 2x32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB+500GB M.2 NVME
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac 1070 Mini
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF750
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Masterbox NR200P
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10, Arch Linux, macOS Catalina
      • Monitor(s):
      • 4x 27" LG 4K IPS
    Quote Originally Posted by JPreston
    Yeah what about Thierry Henry? Much worse. Oh I forgot, it's only cheating when England lose *sniff*
    THANKYOU!! We're way too biased toward ourselves here; in the press, on TV, on the radio and even on technology forums ffs!

OK C.R. was a cheating ass for that match, but if they played like that against another team none of us would even bat an eyelid.

Thanks
    • MadduckUK's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 3200 DDR4
      • Storage:
      • 1x480GB SSD, 1x 2TB Hybrid, 1x 3TB Rust Spinner
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon 5700XT
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX750w
      • Case:
      • Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung SJ55W, DELL S2409W
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet 80
    well then!!!! its up to the countries that Henery cheated against to make as much fuss as we are. of course we make more noise about portugal - because it affects US

why should we carry the banner for other nations? do thay not have there own fans with there own eyes?

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    It wasnt just Ronaldo the whole portugese team was diving. The French were nowhere near as bad. This blatent cheating needs to be erradicated.

Thanks
    • Digerati's system
      • CPU:
      • i5
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI 5800 HD
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27"
    I have to say, Henry didn't dive. If you want the reply he was off balance after the tackle. He was on the tips of his toes with his body weight all over in one direction, he was going to fall regardless. It was a tough one for the ref to say whether it was a foul or not but it definitley wasn't a dive.

Thanks
    People just don't like cheats - that's all it is

I don't blame them
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    i dont like ronaldo...hes a gifted player but its a shame to see talent wasted by cheating...

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    That's not true. Lots of people I know were up in arms over the Portugal vs. France game where half the team were diving, not just against the England game. And their previous game with the cards being handed out left right and centre.

I don't think what Ronaldo did against us was that bad, yes he was obviously just running over to intimidate Rooney, but we didn't lose because of Ronaldo alone. Unfortunately, some people do take it too far, and need a scapegoat rather than admitting we just didn't play well enough for the whole tournament. TBH I think we were lucky to get that far.

IMO, Portugal as a whole are not doing themselves any favours. Every team knows how bad they are, how much they dive and how they cheat. FIFA really do need to investigate them as a team, the video evidence is out there and it's astonishingly bad. If so many people can see the dives on videos, why can't FIFA realise that they are playing unprofessionally and do something about it?

Oh, and watch the reply closely of Henry, he certainly didn't dive. It may not have been a foul but one leg was already off the ground and his other foot was definitely caught behind the leg of the Portuguese player.

Thanks
    • Elessar_VPR's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Quad - Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4 Gb Corsair 6400
      • Storage:
      • 2.8Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI HD-6850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Lian Li A-10
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • NEC MultiSync - 24WMGX3
    Can't be certain but not sure he was necessarily referring to Henry in the Portugal game but in one of the earlier ones (The Spain one maybe?)

As for Ronaldo I do think he has become a bit of a scapegoat, but I think in part because he made it so easy for people to make him one. Shame as he is a very talented player he just doesn't help himself sometimes. I agree all the diving can be extremely frustrating, but it can be very hard to discern, sometimes it's a legitimate foul but the diving makes it look a lot worse (people were going on about Miguel diving after his little run, but he went off injured due that minutes later as he could hardly kick the ball, who knows how he did it but he clearly go hurt maybe he just twisted something?). As for the Holland game having watched the highlights a few times, 90% of the cards were probably deserved, though the one you got sent off for "wacking" Figo was unlucky, and I thought Deco's 2nd was a little harsh (though you could say he should have gone straight off for his first)

The thing that gets me more than the diving though (if the ref is sensible and allows a little contact, afterall it's not a non-contact sport) is the rolling around on the floor for ages afterwards like your legs just been sawn off (anyone else notice alot of players shinpads are about the size of a floppy disc, what's the point of that!?!).

Thanks
    I don't care about Rooney/england, but the diving from the Portugese players v France was rediculous. Several incidences of just falling over when near a French player. You expect more from people in the world cup, there are so many more people watching than normal, they are giving the game a bad rep.

Being a rugby fan normally, the idea of someone falling over just to get a penalty makes me pretty mad. You know they aren't allowed to replay any contetious issues on the screens in the stadiums during football matches? All because Refs aren't allowed to use the footage, which they should be able to, so if they replayed a mistake there'd be riots. Get with the times football! Allow TV reffing and then we'd see an end to this shamefull type of play from any team.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_VPR
    Can't be certain but not sure he was necessarily referring to Henry in the Portugal game but in one of the earlier ones (The Spain one maybe?)

Yes that's right, I was talking about the earlier game (forget which) where he faked being hit by an elbow to the face where there had been clearly no contact at all, and rolled around on the floor holding his nose. Against Portugal, technically he was fouled so the ref called it correctly but he also dived to ensure he would get a penalty - outside the area, would he still have fallen like that? But the penalty here was warranted.

The only way that the sport can recover IMHO is to have a video referee in radio contact with the on-pitch referee, telling him how to call it in such situations. It's crazy that we can all see the replays at home but the ref remains clueless. Not that I expect many to agree with me because even with a video referee Rooney would still have been sent off for the stamp and the ensuing misconduct. Is it only cheating when the other team do it then?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information