Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New HEXUS.feature :: Help spread the word :)

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    Those images are dynamic in that they are generated by PHP code (or some other language). There are certain file suffix restrictions you can use for avatars .gif, .jpg etc but .php is not one of them for security reasons. In addition, the avatars are, as someone suggested, stored on the database in a binary format and a PHP image cannot be stored in such a way easily so you can't use them

In addition, avatars per forum is not an option.

Thanks
    With a few tweaks here and there it should certainly be do-able.

I've integrated Gamercard into a phpbb forum and that works a treat.
    Although I've not personally tried it with vBulletin, I know of sites that have.

Here's a link to one possible option: http://www.stonyarc.com/index.php?op...d=15&Itemid=39

As for avatars per forum, I remember reading about a few mods that allow that too.
    AV Forums have a great setup where users' gamercards are only shown when browsing the XBOX360 section of the forums.

Might be worth having a look into though, it's such a handy feature to have. I wouldn't mind collaborating if you need a spare set of hands.

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    That's not avatar integraton, it's a new component and doesn't cover all areas of HEXUS, it's specific to one platform in gaming. In addition, we regularly update vbulletin and it's a lengthy process each time with the tweaks we've had to make never mind adding in more components.

In short, whilst we take on board all ideas and thank you for suggesting it, we won't be implementing it at this time. Please continue to make suggestions but they need to less specific to one area of HEXUS and more along the lines of the My System component to make it worth the effort involved in implementing and maintaining

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    That's not avatar integraton, it's a new component and doesn't cover all areas of HEXUS, it's specific to one platform in gaming. In addition, we regularly update vbulletin and it's a lengthy process each time with the tweaks we've had to make never mind adding in more components.
    Tell me about it, updating heavily modified software is just a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain
    In short, whilst we take on board all ideas and thank you for suggesting it, we won't be implementing it at this time. Please continue to make suggestions but they need to less specific to one area of HEXUS and more along the lines of the My System component to make it worth the effort involved in implementing and maintaining
    You're welcome for the suggestion and thats a very good point. Without a dedicated XBOX section the gamercard probably wouldn't really fit in anywhere.
    However as Hexus is growing so well and the focus isn't entirely on hardware anymore, perhaps the My System component could be evolved to encompass more stuff? My Equipment for example.

As shucks, my initital suggestion failed and now I'm just desperately trying to come up with something else.

If it ain't broke...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information