Thread: Suited and Booted in... um Coventry...

Thanks

Suited and Booted in... um Coventry...

Last Wednesday I was one of ten guys from work, who went to Coventry and the Ricoh Stadium, for The Manufacturer (magazine) Awards Ceremony.

Basically, I'm one of two guys in the IT Dept and got the nod to go, as I'd done the whole 'submission' to the awards. Basically, I did it a bit differently, and made an interactive CD with a 'webpage' style entry for the 7 categories we entered.

On the night, it turned out we got entered for 5, which itself isn't bad going at all. Sadly, we didn't bag any of them, and we were a bit down.

However, the award for which you couldn't put yourself forward/vote etc.. (i.e. the biggy) we won. So it wasn't all bad.

The event pretty much died on its arse after the final award was given out. So we ended up going to the Skydome to celebrate.

Well, I have to say, what a dive Coventry is... Especially the chavalicious (theyre everywhere) Lava & Ignite Nightclub. I have to admit, it was a good feeling walking into a nightclub in a Tux, however, kind of put a damper on things with it being such a dive.

After that, we ended up in Heat, another dive, but a dive with naked women. Even the women were munters.

Anyhow, pic of us. Spot the odd one out. Red hair at the back.

Well, thats us, the Manufacture of the Year 2006...

Thanks
    Coventry is a dump. Spent two years there at uni. Try to avoid the place completely now.

There was a phrase when I was at uni.
    "The Germans bombed Coventry pretty well during WW2. Not well enough though, they rebuilt it."

How true.

Only good things about Coventry is:
    Midlands Air Museum and the Coventry Transport Museum. Avro Vulcan, Thrust 2 and Thrust SSC - best of British engineering..and sadly defunct.

Simon/~Flibster

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Flibster View Post
    How true.

Only good things about Coventry is:
    Midlands Air Museum and the Coventry Transport Museum. Avro Vulcan, Thrust 2 and Thrust SSC - best of British engineering..and sadly defunct.
    And me, I was born there and i was a good thing to come out of Coventry. Dont live there now mind you, I live in nuneaton now which is kind of like Coventry on a much smaller scale.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    ahhh many a top night has been had in Coventry at the Eclipse. Of course, that was 16 years ago.

Thanks
    The Eclipse, hmmm i think it was called the planet for a short while. I wouldnt reccomend a night out in cov to anyone... not even my worst enemys.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mart_haj86 View Post
    And me, I was born there and i was a good thing to come out of Coventry. Dont live there now mind you, I live in nuneaton now which is kind of like Coventry on a much smaller scale.
    Our hotel was in Nuneaton, the hotel and surrounding area wasnt too bad. It was the part of Coventry around the trainstation, and the actual skydome and that dingy parade of shops leading down to heat that sucked.

The women? Nasty!

The whole place reminded me of a worse version of Rotherham, thats just how bad it was
    Last edited by Vini; 28-09-2006 at 12:43 PM.

Thanks
    Agreed on the women, horrible trolls they be!

chavette kingdom tbh.

Thanks
    I must just point out that the guy holding the award doesnt work for us. Christ knows who he is, and the guy on the right of the photo is Mr Mastermind, John Humphries.

Thread Information