• Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb

we should win rugby more often

ok i dont watch or bother with rugby but have just watched the news and seen the huge crowds greeting the team whats more i cant remember hearing of any trouble caused by our fans during the cup

and for me thats how sport should be ,unlike football with all the tits and hooligans

so i say down with football up with rugby it may be more brutal on the pitch(well only just ) but off the pitch its much nicer i think

Thanks
    • Lowe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 4690K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M550 256GB and 1TB spindle drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit Geforce GTX1080 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 600w
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Silencio 352 m-ATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7/Mac OSX
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" 1080p AOC, Oculus Rift CV1
      • Internet:
      • 200mb Virgin VIVID
    Rugby games are great. No seperation between fans, you can drink beer in your seat.. what more can you want?

No hooligans, punchups ( apart from on the pitch ) or grief. Fantastic.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    It's the few dickheads that spoil it for the majority in football. There are only a minority of football 'supporters' who cause trouble and give the sport a bad name tbh!

Thanks
    Originally posted by Big RICHARD
    It's the few dickheads that spoil it for the majority in football.
    Yeah and thats just the players !

Thanks
    I've never seen any crowd problems at any rugby matches They don't even have any police at half the premiership games.

I used to be a footie fan but the crowd trouble drove me away.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Skii
    Yeah and thats just the players !
    Bit of a generalisation there! Yes there are a few idiot football players. I think something that causes this problem is the fact that the referees are not respected liked they are in rugby. If I were a referee in football I would send off any player answering back to the descisions I make. At the moment this doesn't happen and the footballers are allowed to get away with thinking they are great.

Spanked Member
    Thanks
    Imo :

Rugby - a thugs game played by gentlemen

Football - a gentlemans game played by thugs

It's probably (not short in due to) alot of private schools that play rugby that seem to get their players out into the national teams.

Thanks
    It's the few dickheads that spoil it for the majority in football. There are only a minority of football 'supporters' who cause trouble and give the sport a bad name tbh!
    Not the case up here.... In fact, Scotland has won the "best fans" award quite a few times. A few years ago there were pictures of Dutch and Scottish football fans having a great time together both BEFORE and AFTER the match even when Scotland got beat.... No fights or problems... If there is ever any fights then the rest of the tartan army sort it amongst themselves and stave off any problems before they happen...

Yep, its the minority of the ppl that cause the problems but mebbe more countries should do the same as the Tartan Army i.e. the majority sort out the minority ASAP.

Fun Not Frags - www.gsvgaming.net

Thanks
    Yeah fair enough no fighting but then again we won the cup so there weren't too many upset fans were there?

Thanks
    Bit of a generalisation there! Yes there are a few idiot football players. I think something that causes this problem is the fact that the referees are not respected liked they are in rugby. If I were a referee in football I would send off any player answering back to the descisions I make. At the moment this doesn't happen and the footballers are allowed to get away with thinking they are great.
    IIRC, in football, the players are allowed to challenge/appeal any decision the Referee makes - and it's up to the ref whether the appeal is upheld. In Rugby however, the ref's decision is absolute and final - the players are not allowed in the rules of the game to appeal a decision. S'ok tho - cos Rugby players are 'ard as nails and can take a bit of a talking to from an official... pansy football players... pfft

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Tumble
    IIRC, in football, the players are allowed to challenge/appeal any decision the Referee makes - and it's up to the ref whether the appeal is upheld. In Rugby however, the ref's decision is absolute and final - the players are not allowed in the rules of the game to appeal a decision. S'ok tho - cos Rugby players are 'ard as nails and can take a bit of a talking to from an official... pansy football players... pfft
    That's what I mean, the rules of football should take this rule in rugby and give the referee the final word. Any attempt at appeal should be met initially with a yellow card (if the referee sees fit) and any further attempt should be immediately off. This would give the referees the absolute final word and stop this diving and petty crap that we see today in football.

Thanks
    Its the premiership, high-payed loons that are setting a very poor example by arguing with referees over every single decision. On Sunday the BBC showed Burton (Conference) vs Hartlepool (Div 2) and, even though the ref made a few bad decisions none of the players surrounded him and threatened him. Whereas on Saturday ITV showed us Leicester (Prem) vs Arsenal (Prem) where Ashley Cole (England international) was rightly sent off and then the rest of the Arsenal team decided they were going to threaten the referee and push him around. DISGRACE!!!

Thread Information