Thread: (Another) CV help thread.... :/

Large Member
    Thanks

Exclamation (Another) CV help thread.... :/

Making a few changes to spruce up my CV - decided to scrap it and start from scratch.

For my current position I was going to list main bullet points about what the job involves and have come up with this so far - would the following interest you if you were a potential employer?

This is in need of tweaking and formatting etc - just want opinions if I am heading in the right direction - will also include a full list of skills I have in a leter section.....

-------------------

Network Support Analyst

* Diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems for whole of Hilton estate – this includes support of bespoke Hilton applications and liaison with third parties to resolve WAN issues.

* Remote support of sites using telephone, VNC, PCAnywhere, RDP and Citrix.

* Involvement in various projects including:
    Installation, standardisation and security of Windows XP desktops across all sites.
    Audit Wizard v5 install to effectively log and audit Hilton resources.
    Webroot Spy Sweeper, Sophos Anti Virus & Sophos Enterpise Manager installation to help secure the Hilton network.

* Installing and upgrading hardware and software.
    Test, install and configure new software and hardware during desktop refreshes. Installation and maintenance of Compaq/HP production servers.

* Support of internal Cisco based communications infrastructure.

* Maintaining a reliable and secure backup system ensuring effective backup procedures are in place and implemented across all sites.

* Work to set Service Level Agreements and deliver outstanding customer service.
    Track call progress using Assyst call logging software, keeping affected parties informed and call details accurate.

* Worldwide support of Groupwise 6.5 email system – Cluster, Server and Desktop.
    1st and 2nd line support for all issues related to the email infrastructure.

* NDS and Active Directory Administration
    Deletion/creation of users, NAL objects, Workstation Policies etc.

* Improve team knowledge and performance through education and demonstration.

Any thoughts, improvements or structured criticism much appreciated.....
    Last edited by Gerschwin; 21-11-2006 at 11:26 PM.

Eye popping good!
    There was a funny quote here

Has all the piri-piri! GeorgeTuk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just a couple really, language wise.

Try:

"Delivery of Service Level Argeements, exceeding targets set" (Because everyone works to SLAs but you delivered the service)

"Responible for maintain the disaster recovery process" (sounds better than just back up)

"Delivery of projects" (instead of just involvement)

Also i would avoid paragraphs as I have been told it doesn't look that professional as people 'read' CVs not 'review' them.
    Last edited by GeorgeTuk; 22-11-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: More info....

Stealth Geek - And Proud!

Thread Information