Thread: AI and robotics

Thanks

AI and robotics

This is a field that I have recently garned an interest in and would like some decent up to date books on the matter can anyone reccomend any?

It seems the names H7, hrp1, hrp2, morph, and cog are a common reoccurance in this field no surprise really, especially a AI you can have an audio converstion with, thought it is still learning.

Please no mention of systems such as deep blue, these thing are not true intelligence as they are based on mathematics rather than 'thinking' A decent random number generator would be helpful espcailly if it is not based on seed values.

It is interesting to note that the combined intelligence of all the worlds machines in this catergory have "half the intelligence of a lobotamised retarded cockroach"
    (Professer Edwards)
    Honour in peace,

A leprichaun talks to me....

Thanks
    Let's just hope you're a good programmer and are familiar with many if not all design patterns

A few guys at my work are into robotics, they spend their time programming PIC's and making their robots do fun stuff. We put their robot on the pool table at work, it manages to not bang into any walls or balls. It took them hours upon hours just to get it to do that, and they're coders as well.

Flat cap, Whippets, Cave. Clunk's Avatar
    Thanks
    To really get into robotics, you will need a copy of Tour De France by kraftwerk.

Thanks
    or rammstein

Thread Information