Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Christmas Insanity has begun!

herbalist
    Thanks
    Story time with Punky.....
    And i shall now explain the origin of the flying reindeer.....
    Ages ago (i aint quite sure when) in Scandanavia (or where-ever santa is from), the reindeer used to eat some super-strong magic mushrooms that are red n white (like santa!!). This got the silly things wasted. Upon seeing this, some clever local figured "hey, these mushrooms are too poisonous for us to eat, but i bet reindeer pee will get us wasted." I have no idea how they could have come to this conclusion.
    Well, upon drinkin the reindeer's hallucinogenic urine, the locals began to trip their chilly tits off and saw the reindeer flying, thus where we get flying reindeer from.
    My biology teacher told me this whilst we were passing the mushrooms round in a lesson (she always kept her eye on me when i had em for some reason....). I think its true, but she is an old hippy, so her mind may have been warped by all the nice chemicals over the years. Peace.

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Bindibadgi
    Yup, i had that working Xmas eve when i was 16 in the biggest Tescos' in the UK in Cardiff. Xmas eve and there was ques down to the back of the store. Crazy. People dont half get ratty too Its the feckin festive season and all people do is moan and bitch! Yeeesh.
    don't envy you there ben - we get the choice to "help out" in this store over the busiest days at xmas.....needless to say i've not managed to find the time as yet its bad enough shopping there!

And Mr Punky - would that be Amanita muscaria, the fly agaric you're referring to there m8
    Last edited by petrefax; 15-12-2003 at 10:00 PM.
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    Christmas is baaad but its nothing compared to the ransacking that happens in the january sales. And just to make my life easier...guess who works on the customer services desk -.-
    the amount of people comming back for a refund is REDICULOUS! and i have the pleasure of having abuse hurled at me by then...the joys.
    BTW i work in Marks and Spencer..im going to report u lot for trying to steal our business
    rofl 'u swapped stores' id love sum 1 to say that to me.

Thanks
    For more customer related madness check out www.actsofgord.com

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message. However, many electrons were displaced and terribly inconvenienced.

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    nemezila mate, i really admire you, i could never in a million years work as in-store customer services.
    my sister used to process all the customer service payments that came via store to head office for the company we work for & some of them were laughable, my favorite 2 being

1. woman goes into store, attempts to put something in basket, misses & drops item on floor. bends over to pick up item, the sunglassess balanced on her head fall off & smash - we pay out £85 for a new pair of ray-bans (couldn't have been cheap copy ones, oh no! obviously a pair of ray bans)

2. bloke goes to petrol pump, is wearing his suit (armani, obviously) attempts to put petrol in car but is too inept to actually put nozzle in car, so instead discharges petrol all over himself - so we foot the bill for a new suit!!!
    personally i'd have thrown lit matches at him until he went away since he obviously doesn't deserve his place in the gene pool!!

hats off to you mate, and good luck for january
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thanks
    How I envy you lot, getting to deal with the customers at Chrustmas, always was very amusing. Workin in a chip ship as I used to do, we had great fun explaining several times a minute that since the sign on the front of the shop says "Fish only 99p", and the sign ouside says "Fish and Chips £1.50".... oh forget it

Wiffle/Punky... comiserations lad, you'll get outta there eventually

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information