Thread: monitor resizing slightly

Thanks

Question monitor resizing slightly

Hi,
    I've got a slightly annoying problem with my monitor it's a Relysis TE988 19ins 0.26dpi and I'm running through a Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro. The thing is when I open a window from a clear desktop the whole desktop appears to increase in size slightly. It's not the Video card as it was happening with the GeForce3 Ti500 I had before. It's not a major problem but it is becoming quite annoying. The problem doesn't happen if you've already got a window open it's from clear? Is my monitor on the turn or is this just one of those silly settings I've messed up. Ypu opinions are really apprecieated.

Thanks
    Most CRT monitors will exhibit similar behaviour, especially the cheaper ones - it's nothing really to worry about. If it really bugs you then drop down resolution and try increasing your frame-rate and seeing if it helps. Other than that a new monitor, pref a TFT, is in order.

Thanks
    Just had a reply from a guy on another board that it might be cause the backgrounds so dark (wallpaper of mars) and it being quite a cheap monitor theres a voltage drop as you go to a white window. Will try changing wallpaper and give the resolution a resize and see how it goes. Cheers

Thanks
    Yer, cheaper monitors have cheaper power correction . .

Thread Information