Thread: Recommendation for a new Graphics Card to run Star Citizen.

Thanks

Recommendation for a new Graphics Card to run Star Citizen.

Well, this year's New Year's resolution is to upgrade this poor old computer... and I want one that'll run Star Citizen better than this one does.

A quick summary of my setup: i5 3570k on an ASUS Sabertooth Z77, with 24 Gb of RAM and a GTX770, running SC on low graphics settings (which still looks good, tbh). Oh and a Samsung 860 250 Gb SSD for the system (Windows 10) and a Corsair 120 Gb for the game.

I plan, later on, to upgrade the CPU and motherboard, but it'll take months to get that cash together, so I'd like to go for the slightly quicker option and get the graphics card first, since I'll need to go for one anyhow. It'll be a month or two before I can afford even this, but I might as well get the ball rolling.

Budget is as low as possible, probably in the £300 to £350 ballpark.

So, firstly, AMD or nvidia? I suspect the latter would be the best option, given my current build, but...?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks

Re: Recommendation for a new Graphics Card to run Star Citizen.

I have the same CPU as you, but overclocked to 4.4GHz. I was using a GTX 1060 6GB and upgraded to a 5700 XT from Gigabyte (I game at 1440P @60Hz. I have not suffered with any major issues like some people have with drivers).

At this point I'm stuggling to justify an upgrade of CPU/MB/RAM as it plays fine (BFV, DayZ, MW, etc). Its an odd time to buy a video card as some prices are higher than usual, but you could get the Powercolour 5700 XT at £349. The equivalent Nvidia card would be a 2060/2070 Super but the cost is more.

Thread Information