Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advice please - clicking Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+

Thanks

Re: Advice please - clicking Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Nitro+

But if they offer a refund which you suggest they may do then they will have fulfilled their responsibility, you cannot force them to make a repair. Something to bear in mind

Also there is a difference between guarantee and warranty, the warranty period can be set to whatever they like which seems to be indicated in the very rules you linked to.

A guarantee is supposed to be up to 6 years in that document but I would take that with a pinch of salt
    Last edited by Jonj1611; 26-05-2020 at 04:51 PM.
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

True and that pretty much leaves me in the original position i.e. if I return it I imagine the easiest solution for them will be to offer a refund and this won't cover the cost of an alternative. Based on this I'll probably stick with the card and see if there are any performance issues during the 90 day period.

The link is interesting though, I didn't realise secondhand goods had the same guarantee rights as new goods if sold by a retailer. The link suggests a commercial guarantee / warranty can be offered in addition to the statutory guarantee, but can't replace it. So the only clause for reducing the statutory guarantee is in some EU countries where a minimum one year guarantee may be agreed for secondhand goods. The warranty offered by overclockers appears to basically be the same as the statutory requirements so after their 90 day warranty I should have essentially the same protection under the statutory guarantee for at least the remainder of a year. Reassuring, but I'm glad I bought it on a credit card so I won't be the one having to have the legal rights argument if it gets to that point!

Thanks

A guarantee and a warranty are different things dont forget
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

Thanks Jon. I might be missing something as the eu page I linked to noted warranties can be given in addition to statutory guarantees extending a consumer's rights, but in this case I think it's semantics as overclocker's returns page basically lists statutory rights under it's warranty section. There doesn't appear to be any additional rights given under their warranty vs. the statutory guarantee.

Anyway thanks for all your help, it's been much appreciated and I'm feeling more confident in the options I've got. I think I'll stick with the card and pull out the fans one at a time to see if any are faulty. If that doesn't identify anything I think I'll work on the basis that it's coil whine, which I understand shouldn't impact performance / longevity so I'll probably just put up with it. If it's something else and the card breaks within the first year I'll just make a claim under the eu guarantee.

Thanks again.

Thanks

I am not suggesting a warranty replaces a guarantee, what I am saying is they are not the same thing.

You really would be better clarifying your position with overclockers rather than second guessing what the exact policy they have is
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

Thanks Jon, will do

Thanks

All the best with it
    Jon

8. Received thanks from:

Srenron (26-05-2020)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123