Thread: Which graphics card drivers?

Thanks

Question Which graphics card drivers?

My graphics card has gone loco for me atm. I have a radeon 9700 pro and im not sure which would be the best drivers for me to get because so far all the ones iv used crash my computer when trying to run games. I am hoping that this is not a hardware issue and just the fact that the drivers i downloaded arnt suitable. Please help me someone cause im missing games. : )

Thanx
    Asus A8N-SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
    Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
    Powercolour X800 xl PCI-e
    Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum TwinX 2,2,2,5

Banned
    Thanks
    Probably caused by residual drivers ... did you uninstall the old drivers and ctrl panel before putting the new ones on ... and did you do a fresh install when upgrading to the Rad (or even fully remove all traces of any old gfx cards)? Drivers since CAT3.4 have anti-o/c in them which is designed to crash your system if you o/c (esp if you set new clocks on bootup), however ATI didn't lock the (then flagship) 9700PRO so should be happy for them to be o/c'ed even in drivers since CAT3.4. Generic drivers direct from ATI (or tweaked Omegas) are the best as they're most up to date and low level manu deviation from the reference design is now incredibly rare, still you can try the manu's drivers (eg Creative, Sapphire etc) just to see if they help.

Thread Information