Thread: Overclocking 9700 pro

Thanks

Question Overclocking 9700 pro

Im fairly new to overclocking and have to admit i know very little to non about it really. I managed to overclock my cpu up .8 of a gig due to the altomated overclocking facility on my mobo. Thing thing i would like to learn how to overclock my 9700pro to hopefully boost my 3dmark scores and produce better graphics in the games im playing. Can anyone recomend any websites to look at or some gd tips or advice? : )
    Asus A8N-SLi nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard
    Athlon 64 3200+ Winchester
    Powercolour X800 xl PCI-e
    Corsair 1GB DDR XMS3200XL Platinum TwinX 2,2,2,5

Thanks
    www.omegacorner.com
    download the latest drivers form there, remove your ones youve got now as it says in readme
    install the extra programs radclocker and artifact tester
    as long as you make sure your card isnt gettign too hot (touch back of gpu - ground yourself first) its safe to go further
    open radclocker (display propertys) and inc the core by about 20mhz, and test in 3dm2k1/2k3 and keep doing it and fine tune it to what you want
    then put the core back and do same with the mem but start off with 10mhz steps
    note down the best speeds you get without artifacts
    if you get all the way upto 400mhz on core (it wil be getting v hot now on air cooling!) then you wont get much more without a volt mod, like this one: http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/a...00_Vmod_1.html
    my 9700np is watercooled, curently im getting about 470 on core and 315 on mem. i can go higher but i havent had time, i think the core wil reach 550 which would be a 2x overclock
    i get 18k in 3dm2k1 and 6.2k in 3dm2k3

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    18k with a 470/315 card? Surely you should be getting alot higher? Thats an insane overclock on the core!!
    Last edited by Ethos; 02-12-2003 at 03:27 PM.

Thanks
    • wilsonian's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X570 TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen R7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung1TB 970 EVO M.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon RX570 Nitro+
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 850W Gold
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-B25F
    i have a radeon 9700 Pro (Bulit by) and at the moment it's running at 380 core and 360 memory with a zalman heatpipe. TBH i'm not a big fan of these heat pipes as i've had to put an extra fan on it (even before overclocking so watch out) - the fan being one off a retail P4 which clips in on the fins just right

the overclocking software i'm using is a the Rage 3D (from www.rage3d.com) and the drivers are (i think) 3.3 - can't be bothered upgrading them!

enjoy but remeber to gradualy overclock it untill u see corruption in 3d mark then start taking it down slighty untill it's clear. good luck!

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    wilsonian, i've just "upgraded" from the zalman heatpipe to an artic cooler and I must say im impressed!

http://www.silentpcreview.com/modul...rtid=117&page=1 for a review.

Cheaper than the zalman and a better cooler, and I can't hear the fan on the low setting. I've just sold my zalman for £22 as well which is nice

Thanks
    past 470mhz voltage doesnt help remove artifacts anymore, from 1.7v to make it stable ive went to 1.82v and still artifacts, i think i wont go any further, just bench quick and change back to 1.7v/460

Thread Information